FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complaints about Rock Band 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Really? I could swear that I saw a HMX rep state that
those two songs weren't meant to be blocked on US games.

Oh they did. HMXThrasher did on her Twitter account.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that changed. :p
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
qirex  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Really? I could swear that I saw a HMX rep state that those two songs weren't meant to be blocked on US games.

John Drake wrote:
Hey Guys:

Sorry for the delay in officially responding to this.

We hope you're enjoying playing all the available songs inside of Rock Band 3. With regards to "Rock and Roll Star" and "Hier Kommt Alex" those two tracks were featured on the EU disc of Rock Band 2 before they were offered as standalone DLC tracks in other territories.

Unfortunately, because we were not able to support these songs for RB2 EU disc export at launch, we are not able to allow the transfer of DLC tracks. Those two songs WILL continue to work inside of Rock Band 2. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours,
HMX

Emphasis mine.

Ignoring the fact that he said "Rock Band 2" and not "Rock Band (1)", and the fact that the DLC came out on May 20 2008, and the EU release was May 23, that's a completely accurate statement.

PS3 used to have Thursday DLC right? If so then even that would be the 22nd.

Unless of course he's doing the old winky wink, and since the EU discs had been *shipped* (if not available for sale), and advertisements "featured" the songs... and maybe some retailers broke the street date (I don't recall -- I wasn't in Europe at the time. Or any other time for that matter) then they were "featured" on the EU disc before they were "available" as DLC. I'm sure I could make that a convincing argument, but I'd feel dirty if I did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Doesn't matter about the specifics. What does matter is that our DLC and exports for HKA and R&R* are completely blocked in RB3. Makes me a sad panda because HKA was usually my go-to song to use for calibration on guitar because of the long and consistent strum streams. :/
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the fact that it doesn't export, that I can deal with; it's the fact that they're still offering it in the RB3 store, implying it works in RB3. It's like selling an American DVD in a UK store; if the two are not compatible then why the hell are you even selling it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band 3 is close to perfect not sure what you are all complaining about, and furthermo-

Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Guys Rock Band 3 is close to perfect not sure what you are all complaining about... and furthermo-

I LOL'd.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times have I seen that damned screen, gnashing my teeth in frustration.

In the games defense though, I haven't seen a single crash since launch myself.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
How many times have I seen that damned screen, gnashing my teeth in frustration.

I know this is going to sound really odd, and i'm sure its just a HUGE coincidence, but i only seem to have my game crash on me if i'm pressing buttons before the loading screen starts. Its usually when i'm on drums, and like a noob i hit the green pad or start to start the song and start wailing away on the drums. This is when the game crashes on me. I can't remember one time that i've had the game crash when i've left everything alone I'm sure its just a big coincidence, but if your game is crashing a lot give this a try just for the hell of it.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone dealing with any strange animation problems due to the custom characters? I created a really short dude, and while I was having him play keyboard in the outdoor-arena venue, he would always jerk up and down. (I was playing Get Up, Stand Up)
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:

I've only had it crash and that was when I tried to purchase a full version of a demo RBN track that hadn't been released in the official store yet.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
wuLFe wrote:

I've only had it crash and that was when I tried to purchase a full version of a demo RBN track that hadn't been released in the official store yet.

Me too, so that's repeatable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
wuLFe wrote:

I know this is going to sound really odd, and i'm sure its just a HUGE coincidence, but i only seem to have my game crash on me if i'm pressing buttons before the loading screen starts. Its usually when i'm on drums, and like a noob i hit the green pad or start to start the song and start wailing away on the drums. This is when the game crashes on me. I can't remember one time that i've had the game crash when i've left everything alone I'm sure its just a big coincidence, but if your game is crashing a lot give this a try just for the hell of it.

I'm thinking back and don't think I've gotten this crash on guitar or bass, but many times on vocals and keys, and don't recall pushing controller buttons on either during the loading. (Though if mic input causes it, I can't think of any way to solve that besides unplugging the mic while every song loads.) I've only played drums twice or so, and did get the crash at least one of those times, but again, don't think I was hitting the pads during it.

It does seem that if I go ahead and restart my PS3 rather than just the game, it gets rid of the crashes for that session, whereas just restarting the game, it crashes again the next time that screen comes up.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:

It does seem that if I go ahead and restart my PS3 rather than just the game, it gets rid of the crashes for that session, whereas just restarting the game, it crashes again the next time that screen comes up.

I had no crashes at all until the last two days. One crash was showing the ramp of death, but it wasn't from the angle as toymachine's screen capture. I've seen that loading screen 100 times with no crash. They were unloading on a ramp but from a different angle.

The other crash was in the song trainer of all places. I played through a section and then the game just stopped. I could still press notes and it would highlight the track, but letting go of the note didn't de-highlight it. I hit start and a menu came up so I went to exit back to the music library, everything froze, then my hardware reset.

I'm going to have to start backing up my save game on a flash drive because I have 100 gold stars on easy drum songs I really don't want to have to go through again.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I had no crashes at all until the last two days. One crash was showing the ramp of death, but it wasn't from the angle as toymachine's screen capture. I've seen that loading screen 100 times with no crash. They were unloading on a ramp but from a different angle.

The other crash was in the song trainer of all places. I played through a section and then the game just stopped. I could still press notes and it would highlight the track, but letting go of the note didn't de-highlight it. I hit start and a menu came up so I went to exit back to the music library, everything froze, then my hardware reset.

I'm going to have to start backing up my save game on a flash drive because I have 100 gold stars on easy drum songs I really don't want to have to go through again.

I've had the crashes on both of the roadie ramp screens. Usually it's the one toymachine posted, but the one you're describing has caused it, as well, just not as often.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 46 of 95

Jump to: