FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mute button for song selection screen.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Mute button for song selection screen. Reply with quote

This an easy mod to do and can be pretty handy at times. This is for when you are sitting at the song selection screen and you want to take a break to talk, get a drink, etc. The game will normally loop whatever song is currently selected and eventually drive you mad unless you physically hold down the blue button, find the tv remote and hit mute...or do this mod.

What you will need is a bit of wire, a dremmel, a soldering gun, electrical tape and a switch. This could either be a toggle switch or something like I used which is a push button switch SPST push off-push on solder terminal (3A-125V AC 1A-250V AC) Philmore brand #30-2292. Do not buy a momentary switch (the fret buttons themselves are already momentary switches)
There are two posts to solder your wires to. One you will wire to the blue button (either to a spliced bit of the wire or soldered to a terminal). The other post you will wire to the ground (wire or terminal). The exact wiring differs depending on what model guitar you have so check here for a breakdown of some common types but ultimately double check for yourself which wire is which.

I mounted my button in the unused battery compartment in my XBOX360 wired guitar (above my 10 position dip switch which controls my solo button swap mod.

You could also cut a hole somewhere else in the body and mount the switch there, but keep in mind that you want to keep it accessable but not in the way while you're playing.

This type of button could also be mounted to the drums (or even a controller but that would be crazy)

Last edited by BriGuy on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
TinPusher  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic idea!

Pics and a parts list with part numbers from Radioshack, mouser, etc, would be uber handy.

Thanks!
Jovack  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More trouble than it's worth.
The risk is not worth the reward (if you will call muting the song menu rewarding).

I will give you credit though for putting together a nice guide for anyone interested.
bigbiskut966  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just seems like way too much trouble and effort just so you don't have to reach for the remote and hit mute.

Only when you've lost everything are you free to do anything. -Tyler Durden
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you guys just don't get it. This mod is the equivilant of the rain sensing automatic wiper blades found on Cadillacs. Is it neccessary? Nope. Is it hard to reach AALLLLL the way down to manually flip the lever yourself? not at all. Is it a unique and cool feature that sets my guitar apart from the crowd and makes me feel cool....you betcha.
You have to understand that I am a privilaged and fancy man. You expect me....ME to bend down and reach for the remote like you common folk have to?? Outrageous! To walk over to a table potentially several feet away or to rummage around a dirty couch for a remote controller is something that a dirty peasant would do.
You should feel honored that I am sharing this technology with you, the uncleaned masses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, you can't just hold the blue button on the guitar? Isn't it the same amount of effort?
lygallday1212  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
Some of you guys just don't get it. This mod is the equivilant of the rain sensing automatic wiper blades found on Cadillacs. Is it neccessary? Nope. Is it hard to reach AALLLLL the way down to manually flip the lever yourself? not at all. Is it a unique and cool feature that sets my guitar apart from the crowd and makes me feel cool....you betcha.
You have to understand that I am a privilaged and fancy man. You expect me....ME to bend down and reach for the remote like you common folk have to?? Outrageous! To walk over to a table potentially several feet away or to rummage around a dirty couch for a remote controller is something that a dirty peasant would do.
You should feel honored that I am sharing this technology with you, the uncleaned masses.

lol well put....=D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slave1pilot PSN Name: leftovercrack12
Beez808  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mod and I applaud your effort to figure it out.

F the haters! :P

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
TinPusher  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or alternatively to mute the song selection screen you could just select a song, any song it doesn't matter, and then at any time during the seventeen years that the loading screen is visible just press the "xbox" button and voila, you have. . . silence! The blade will come up and the song will continue to load. Once the loading finishes the game automatically pauses.
italianwiiman  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt you put some tape on the blue fret? idk what u would doo for the other instruments, but i like your point, sets your guitar apart from all the others... still pretty cool mod even though i wouldnt risk doing it, haha...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 081719038021
el1t3v1rus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

italianwiiman wrote:
couldnt you put some tape on the blue fret? idk what u would doo for the other instruments, but i like your point, sets your guitar apart from all the others... still pretty cool mod even though i wouldnt risk doing it, haha...

Now really, what was the point in reviving a 4 month thread? I'm sure this thread could be found in the Guitar Modding sticky, and needs not be bumped up, because it clearly states what the mod is, how it's use, etc. And also, why would you want to tape the blue fret, when in turn, that could 'cause some sticky residue or something behind?
[ ] 65 FC's
[ ] 70 FC's
[ ] 75 FC's
[ ] 78 FC's
[x] 1st Place
[9.37] 9.4 mil
RockBand Accomps.
My EL penny mod. Works beyond perfect!

Last edited by el1t3v1rus on 30 Oct 2008 19:55; edited 946,281 times in total
boredathome  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:

*bows down* I'm not worthy!
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
backstabber13458  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mod it could really come in handy especially when your downloading songs too. I almost have to turn my game off and wait to play them for another day because im so sick of them looping over and over when i download them. One quick question what is the battery pack even used for on the wired strat? I could never figure it out.
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backstabber13458 wrote:
Nice mod it could really come in handy especially when your downloading songs too. I almost have to turn my game off and wait to play them for another day because im so sick of them looping over and over when i download them. One quick question what is the battery pack even used for on the wired strat? I could never figure it out.
They just used the same plastic casing to save money on production costs instead of having 2 different types, one for the wireless which needs the battery pack, and one wired which wouldn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: