FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Overdrive activation problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galaxyy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Overdrive activation problems... Reply with quote

I'm having problems activating overdrive. Sometimes my guitar goes into overdrive and I'm not even moving it (but pushing buttons) and other times I can't get it to go into overdrive no matter how I swing it. Am I doing it wrong? What is the general technique to get this to go off? I'm sort of confused and more worried that my guitar is teh brokenz.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Overdrive activation problems... Reply with quote

Without being able to see the actual guitar in action, it's kinda hard to say. Over the years, I've mucked around with at least half a dozen guitars, and they each seemed to have their own "attitude" when it came to activating Overdrive / Star Power. Many of them won't activate at all if you're holding them too close to upright, others will "accidentally discharge" if you're in that stance.

When in doubt, try to play with the guitar a little lower than you would normally do. That gives more leeway to raise it and trigger Overdrive. Might not solve your problem, but it was always my biggest issue.

My usual "guitar stance" has me holding the guitar with the tip pointed at a "2:00" angle on a clock. When I activate Overdrive, I don't so much raise the guitar as move my body forward (I play sitting a lot because I'm lazy - heh). Whereas when one of my other friends uses the same guitar, she just slowly raises it from "2 PM" to "1 PM" and activates it flawlessly that way. That NEVER works for me, so I have no idea how she pulls it off.
SilentEcho  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all else fails resort to using the select button to start it! If you're using a strat its actually positioned pretty conveniently. I prefer using it over the tilt myself, the tilt is so unreliable on mine.

I think mine is a lot like yours where if I play with it slanted much at all it will go off without me doing anything. I've just had to learn how to play holding the neck a bit closer to the ground.
galaxyy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the great suggestions.I think i'm going to lower my play style and start using the select for more controlled overdrives. I wish you could turn off the sensor...
DonnieZ  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't activate OD by tilting my guitar. It's just not working. I can hear a tilt sensor in the guitar if I rattle it, but It's just not working to activate OD.

Hitting select is the only way it works for me.
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reasons unknown, my Stratocaster will activate perfectly whenever I make a mistake . If tilting doesn't work, then learn to use the select button in the middle of playing. Try to move your palm down to the select button while playing. Be fortunate that they made the select button closer to the strum bar for the Strat. Not sure how the Les Paul's Select button is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: