FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Burn (Nine Inch Nails)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Burn (Nine Inch Nails) Reply with quote

Is it me, or does this really annoying to try to sing? I love the song, it's great, but it sounds like half the time it should just be talkies. There's so much processing and whispering that it's incredibly difficult to find the right pitch. Any tips?
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's generally regarded as the hardest charted non broken talky song in RB, so that may be why you're having issues.
Try playing it with the volume off, so the processed vocals and all that doesn't interfere, it's what I did.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Burn (Nine Inch Nails) Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Is it me, or does this really annoying to try to sing? I love the song, it's great, but it sounds like half the time it should just be talkies. There's so much processing and whispering that it's incredibly difficult to find the right pitch. Any tips?

This is where RB3's practice mode really shines. Turn down everything and turn on the guide pitch.
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the hardest vocal FC I ever got. It basically comes down to memorizing the pitches. I think RB3's practice mode will REALLY help, as Icemage mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all above, it is still the hardest vocal song ever released, and I also agree that its unnecessarily so as most of the song should have been talkies.
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it once on RB3, and all of the phrases are a lot easier now because of the new system, but the really low whispering phrases still got me. I have no idea why they charted them as actual notes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea also for me it's by far my best vox FC ever. What really helped me was watching CalChick's vocal FC video. I had a lot of trouble with the last talky phrases so I paused the game, watched the phrase on the video, then sang that phrase I just watched. I did that for the last 7 phrases or so and it really helped a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: