FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brock - Video Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Brock - Video Update Reply with quote

*Click here for my GH vids and accomplishments*

Brock's Youtube Channel

Scroll down to see a list of all my vids.

Vids:

The Who Super Bowl S-mashup FC (Part 2/2)
The Who Super Bowl S-mashup FC (Part 1/2)
Screaming for Vengeance FC + solo tutorial (tapping guide)
Bodhisattva FC + fast picking tutorial
Get Clean FC + solo tutorial

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I FINALLY got around to updating this thread with all my RB videos. Yes, I realize it's been well over a year since I've updated anything, so I apologize . In any case, I do hope to eventually start making some videos again. Even though I haven't made one in about a year, I really did enjoy making them. The last year and a half for me have just been extremely busy, but I'll see what I can do!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB2 On-Disc Vids:

Almost Easy FC + solo hands vid
Battery FC + solo tutorials
Bodhisattva FC + fast picking tutorial
Chop Suey Guitar/Drums Coop FC
Colony of Birchmen FC + solo tutorial
Get Clean FC + solo tutorial
Painkiller solo hands + screen
Panic Attack FC
Peace Sells FC + solo tutorials
Shackler's Revenge FC + solo tutorial
Souls of Black FC + solo hands vid

RBDLC Vids:

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) Guitar FC
Can't Stop Rockin' FC
Constant Motion solo b hands + screen
Damnation Game ending hands + screen
I Wanna Be Your Man FC
Red Devil FC w/ solo hands
Renegade Guitar FC
Ride the Lightning full solo FC hands + screen
Rock Rebellion Guitar/Bass Coop FC
Saints of Los Angeles FC
Screaming for Vengeance FC + solo tutorial (tapping guide)
Screaming for Vengeance solo FC hands + screen
Too Much Time on My Hands Guitar FC
Train Kept a Rollin' FC w/ tutorial for each solo
The Who Super Bowl S-mashup FC (Part 1/2)
The Who Super Bowl S-mashup FC (Part 2/2)

Miscellaneous Vids:
Quick Update + "What do you want to see?"

Last edited by Brockbfball1563 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 34 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Brock
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Stuff
I've been meaning to make one of these for the longest time but never got around to it. So anyway here it is. I haven't played Rock Band a whole lot in comparison to Guitar Hero, but hopefully keeping track of my accomplishments will change that.

To start things off, I got many sightread FCs on guitar, but two I'm most proud of are Tom Sawyer and Epic. I didn't bother taking pictures considering I used random OD, but I'm sure I'll get them again. I'll admit that I got 100% lucky on Epic because there was this weird alt. strumming part ( ) that showed up twice and I strummed with absolutely no rhythm but still managed to hit it both times. I can do zig-zags fine, so the solo wasn't too tough.

That's all I have for now. My long-term goals are to have all songs gold-starred on guitar (I'll get this soon), FC most of expert guitar (all seem possible except GGaHT), and pass expert drums and vocals.

New Stuff

My first major FC! This song is awesome and didn't mind playing it a ton to finally get it. The solo wasn't too bad. It was actually a couple of weird chord changes in the bridge that kept me from getting it for this long. Big thanks to -xxGuitarHerOxx- for the path!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, you have Rock Band? Once I get it, we could have some pretty sweet Drum rivalries, since I just started on Expert at my friend's house. Oh yeah, and nice work on Guitar FC's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drums are a real challenge for me right now. I figured I'd start expert and see how far I got and got stuck on In Bloom (tier 1 ), but I only tried it once. Off-beat bass kills me everytime, but hopefully I just need practice. I'll probably start hard and see how that works out for me. I don't think I'll every be anywhere near as good on drums as I am on guitar, but if I can pass expert eventually, I'll be happy. But then again, when I first started guitar I never thought I be getting over 300k on Jordan or 5*ing TtFaF .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how quick of a learner you are, but I started on Medium, which was perfect for me. It gave me the consistency with the bass pedal that was necessary to pass most Hard songs, but then Hard starts throwing the bass pedal in there without any drum notes to accompany it. I advise you at least starting on Hard, because Expert is definitely NOT where you want to start. Even if you're a quick learner, start on Hard. Then, work your way up from there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to post this a while ago but forgot. Funny story. I was doing this for the league and just continued to play this song much more than I wanted to (which was not at all ). I played this song over and over again but continued to mess up in random spots. With an hour left to submit the week's scores, I still haven't gotten it. I wanted to get it but I couldn't stand to listen to it any more. The only logical thing to do was to mute the TV, and doing so, I went on to FC it first try . I can't see myself playing this song again on guitar unless someone discovers a path that's 20k points better.

Edit: I didn't even realize I still had the TV on mute when I took the pic . I'm starting to like this game more, but gh2 still wins so far.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job. I haven't tried that song in a long time *Blames Les Paul* but I think I could FC it nao.
hangar18  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u play the song on mute?
cuz thats a great idea

congratz on the FC, its too annoying for me to get
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hangar18 wrote:
did u play the song on mute?
cuz thats a great idea

congratz on the FC, its too annoying for me to get

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
I played this song over and over again but continued to mess up in random spots. With an hour left to submit the week's scores, I still haven't gotten it. I wanted to get it but I couldn't stand to listen to it any more. The only logical thing to do was to mute the TV, and doing so, I went on to FC it first try .

Yep, it was the only I could possibly play that song any more, and it ended up being my only run.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so maybe I'm So Sick isn't exactly a tricky FC, but I'd still like to keep track of the ones I get. These were the expert league songs for anyone who didn't know (which is probably most of you) and I FCed them all for the first time, all with decent ranks. I'm currently in possession of GH's 1 and 80's (from a borrowed ps2 because I don't own one) and a brand new GH3 that actually works, along with GH2 and RB, so right now I'm not really sure what to play (feeling a little overwhelmed right now ), but as long as I keep increasing my rank in something, I'll be all set .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized that hitting that one fast part is easy if you just ancor 1 on G. I was trying to play it the way I play the Dead! solo, which is to hit every R and G with 1 (just slide each time). It works on Dead!, but it's too fast on Wanted Dead or Alive to do it consistantly. It was for the league, but I still lost to krimsunmunkeys (surprising, I know ), which means my season is over, but it was still fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats A nice score anyway even if you lost the league. Nice job with all the fc's. I havent worked on rock band all that much just went back to gh2 And already got some fc's I didnt have on hard. yet to do expert again. But Im working on getting 20mil on hard since now a lot of people have done it.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancy meeting you here Brock

I've been getting into Rock Band a lot lately myself (Which is probably why you took my spot in GH3H....). I suddenly love the game compared to my "meh" opinion of it from before.

Although I see your already better at this game than me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't like the game as much as gh but I think that's because of no hyperspeed and smaller hitting window (there's NO way it's the same as gh2. I hit the note a little bit late to squeeze and I miss it ). Honestly, if they released a patch with hyperspeed, I may not play any of the gh's too often, if at all, because RB would be awesome, but Harmonix doesn't give a shit. I look at all these fast solos I could easily do (TKaR, RttH, etc.) but the notes a so crammed together I can't see them, plus I can't tell which of them I have to strum in the middle of those solos because of the notes. But at least the drums are fun .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperspeed id a crutch. I never used it and I have no problems with note spacing in RB.

It's not that Harmonix "doesn't give a shit," it's that hyperspeed isn't necessary. It's like training wheels or those bumpers they put in the gutters for children bowling.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: