FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 (8/20/10 - All Songs Confirmed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 502, 503, 504  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatOnePerson  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be one of the very few that really likes both GHWOR and RB3's setlist. I am probably gonna end up playing Here I Go Again and Centerfold like 109237601 times.

Seeing as you have a PS3, Microsoft points probably won't do you much good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Stealthy Waffle
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreigner - Cold as Ice youtube link is dead.

Gametrailers put up a new trailer yesterday. The link leads to the very first Rock Band 3 trailer. I wonder if somebody goofed and this is the facebook video we are supposed to get? - http://www.gametrailers.com/game/rock-band-3/13309

Says "GC 10: Medley Trailer - Harmonix rocks GamesCom with this medley of gameplay featuring tracks from the Rock Band 3 setlist!"

Either way, a little over 800 more fans to go. I'm surprised the facebook page hasn't reached 500k yet.
reksav  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Dankscarver wrote:
Sure their are some really great '00 songs (At the Drive In, Ida Marie) but it seems that Harmonix is trying to reach out an older demographic. Perhaps a demographic that has more money.
It's the baby boomers. Obviously there's a shit load of people from that generation. More people=more money. I've seen plenty of companies trying to appeal to them. It's nothing new, or special for that matter.

You do realize the baby boomers are in their 60s and 70s now right? Perhaps they are trying to reach the demographic of anybody over 16? That's what I'm thinking.
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
It's the baby boomers. Obviously there's a shit load of people from that generation. More people=more money. I've seen plenty of companies trying to appeal to them. It's nothing new, or special for that matter.
This person is right. When HMX makes a game, they aren't like "Hey, we should make a game for 12-17 year olds", when they could easily just be like "Hey, we should appeal to people will full time jobs so THEY will get excited about the music so if their kid asks to buy if for them, they'll look at the songs and be like "OOOOH I LIKE THAT SONG, SURE JIMMY" Instead of "Who is this Disturbed band they sound really messed up i'm not buying for you."" I'm sure not every parent is like this but there are a lot of moms out there like that. Also I bet like 80% of TB:RB sales were from either baby boomers or people just before them (seniors) just because it's the Beatles and if you grew up in that era you pretty much have to love the Beatles. Just sayin'
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Howdy wrote:
Werewolves of London might be the new Cool for Cats - the next somewhat cheesy 70's song that I love but the average RB player will likely hate and refuse to play whenever I pick it. Should be a bit more active than Cool for Cats, though, so maybe not.

1st off, if we ever met in an online BQP on Cool for Cats, I'd have to say "Please let me quit....(being a drummer primarily) and LET ME SWITCH TO VOCALS!!"

That is one of, if not my favorite songs to sing, and I almost hate to sing (and equally suck at it).

I also love Werewolves of London from years before the rhythm game genre began, and have always yearned for many a Warren Zevon song to be in RB, even if it didn't fit too well. Now with the keys, I want a large pack of his stuff 'cause it's almost mandatory, and yes, I would definitely say, "ZOMG LET ME SWITCH TO VOCALS!!"

It should be the next Cool for Cats, in a good way.

EDIT: sorry for my excitement, I quickly realized the rhythm genre began with the likes of DDR and such, so maybe I knew about him first, maybe I didn't. But my ZOMG point is still relevant to the songs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Looks like I won't be getting RB3 for a while, since this setlist isn't very appealing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
Also, no HMX bands? No Honest Bob? That Handsome Devil? Etc? SAD FACE THERE.
Maybe the 84th song is a super collaboration with all HMX bands? I really doubt it but hey I can dream.

Scorehero's Straight-up ghetto black kid. PEOPLE QUIT BEING DAMN DELICATES!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: D3NVR07 PSN Name: D3NVR07
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyAreNext-Uw3 wrote:
personally it's meh for me for 3 reasons:

1: GH:WoR's setlist is big time overshadowing.
2: Not enough challenging vocals.
3: No Liquid Tension Experiment or ELP (lol)

Reason 1 is personal taste and I won't argue with what you do or don't like. As a child of the '80s myself, I'm totally into this setlist. A few of the tracks make me scratch my head over specific song choices, but the artists represented are quite good overall (for me)

Reason 2... seriously? Who really plays vocals for difficulty any more? RB3's vocal difficulty doesn't seem any harder than RB2's, so it's not like it's ever "really" that difficult to FC most anything on vocals unless it's either horribly mischarted (Fat Kid) or astoundingly off-key (Burn by NIN). There's a reason why almost all of the really good vocalists prefer RB2's vocal engine over GH5/BH's - it doesn't nickel and dime you on score for the crime of trying to sound presentable.

Reason 3... If I weren't a ScoreHero member and been more heavily exposed to Dream Theater, I would have no idea who Liquid Tension Experiment is. And it took me a few seconds to recognize that you were referring to Emerson, Lake and Palmer; while I agree it's disappointing to not have one of their tracks on disc, that's what DLC is for, amirite?
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are way to focused on your own opinions and think that Harmonix should cater to them specifically. While I love Rush and Dream Theater, Harmonix isn't making a game just for the SH community, which is a minute amount of the brand they're selling to. They release DLC for a reason, so they can please all fans. 90% of the people who buy RB3 will never buy a song of DLC or get on XBL. They specifically appeal to the other 10% (a majority of which are probably people from SH) with DLC so they can get the songs they want. And RBN. Seriously.

I do wish that there was some more Harmonix artists though, mainly Bang Camaro. But I'll live.

EDIT: Oh yeah and drums on BatH will be amazing. FACT.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I haven't seen a lot of people talk about is the the fact that Neversoft and Harmonix have been approaching things differently in regards to how they release their songs to the people. NS put out more discs, and HMX chose to go with DLC.

Now I know that NS is getting more into the DLC game, but what I wanted to point out is that making a setlist for a game is a different beast to HMX, and to NS. I would think that NS is going to put the best of what they have on-disc, while HMX has a pool of songs to make a setlist from. I'm sure Harmonix had to make amazing cuts to make the song difficulty curve, and genre expanse work out nicely.

I'm sure there will be awesome DLC songs, some right at launch to supplement RB3, and also, with regards to glaring omissions, such as Rush, Dream Theater, Muse, etc. I'm sure those bands were more willing than others to give up a spot on the disc, because they understand the DLC and don't mind showing up there. There may be bands that are like: "We want to be on-disc." Also, HMX wanted to give new bands the spotlight on disc, as well.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be pro bass? Pro bass on Jerry Was A Racecar Driver would be amazing
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:

I agree with the general point, but it's not the baby boomers. They are generally considered to have been born between 1943 and 1960 (1960 seems kind of late considering the definition but ok, we'll go with Wikipedia on this). That means they are all 50+. Most baby boomers I know think Rock Band is stupid; they are classic "learn a real instrument" types.

You are thinking of my generation. Sometimes called Generation X, of which I'm at the very end. We are young enough to have been raised on video games, and old enough that those games sucked, we know all the 80s music from when it came out, and we can afford a keyboard or pro guitar to exorcise our demons of never having learned guitar when we were in High School.

The other issue, is that while some of you younger guys are hugely into Muse and Dream Theater and so on, a lot of older people don't have any idea who they are. But you guys probably know a lot of the 70s/80s stuff when you hear it, even if you don't remember the song titles. It is really not that relevant that "Free Bird" has been in other rhythm music games. It is far more important that tons of casual music fans who only consider buying Rock Band know who Lynyrd Skynyrd is and will swoop in on the game if they are listed on the back of the box.
Kratos  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another 20 free DLC?
JackFr  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the list more and more everyday. False Alarm is as close to Refused as we've gotten, and drums should be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
another 20 free DLC?

I am hoping for this as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 502, 503, 504  Next
Page 361 of 504

Jump to: