FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Disturbed DLC on August 24.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angruss  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always get a Founding of Metal pack, Helter Skelter (Which we already have, but I mean a main series version) Stone Cold Crazy (Guitar Hero Metalica had it), and the album version of Breaking The Law.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angruss wrote:
We could always get a Founding of Metal pack, Helter Skelter (Which we already have, but I mean a main series version) Stone Cold Crazy (Guitar Hero Metalica had it), and the album version of Breaking The Law.

...Breaking the Law? Judas Priest? No, that's a damn great song but it's not a founders of metal pack.

Helter Skelter
Born to Be Wild
(those two songs alone are considered the first two metal songs, with debates on which one was the first true metal song. Smart people end the debate saying Born to Be Wild WAS first, but both have important elements of metal)
Stone Cold Crazy (highly influential due to being Queen alone)

Uh, add Highway Star even though RB1 already has it. Perfect founders of metal 4 pack in my opinion.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Land Of Confusion, but that kinda rules out the Genesis version, which would be bad news D:
Anything from Ten Thousand Fists would be a must buy for me, really.

And YES BORN TO BE WILD.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
redlar  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angruss wrote:

A founding metal pack that doesn't contain Black Sabbath?

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlar wrote:
angruss wrote:

A founding metal pack that doesn't contain Black Sabbath?

Correct. Forgot good ol' Sabbath.

Born to be Wild
Helter Skelter
Stone Cold Crazy
Highway Star (it counts ;_;)
Iron Man

Really off-topic now. I'm hoping for something else off Indestructible, the few songs I heard off it I really, really liked.

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

Always a pleasure to see more from Disturbed.

TehBanStick wrote:
Lets all stop bickering about genres and made-up terms and talk about how all 3 songs in this pack should be from Believe.

Listen to this dude. He knows.

My name is Icemage, and this is my favorite post in this thread.

More Disturbed is always welcome. I'm not a fan of Another Way to Die as a single (sounds a bit derivative of their other work to me), but it wouldn't make my cry if it showed up. Especially if it shows up alongside something like, oh, Liberate.
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Oh, and Ozzy Osbourne stopped being metal long ago.

Yeah... that's why Black Sabbath is one of the most influential heavy metal bands? As far as I know, post-Sabbath his stuff didn't change a whole lot, so it's kind of false to say he's not metal because he's not what's considered mainstream metal.

It's either metal or it isn't, fake terms Rolling Stone made like "poser metal" and crap are asinine. Slayer... really hope they don't get more in RB, 3 minutes of constant strumming... really fun.
Ozzy has been horrible since Technical Ecstasy...and pretty much riding on the coattails of his guitarists since then. Besides, classic Black Sabbath is Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
lots of smart stuff

Thank you for bringing sensible remarks into this conversation. It's getting almost as bad as a UG review article in here
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with the nonsense in this thread? Disturbed is metal enough, suck it up. And seeing that Disturbed can be quite fun in game, I'm all for a three pack of Asylum if that is what it turns out to be, though I've only heard the title track.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Whats with the nonsense in this thread? Disturbed is metal enough, suck it up. And seeing that Disturbed can be quite fun in game, I'm all for a three pack of Asylum if that is what it turns out to be, though I've only heard the title track.

I refer you to previous posts in this thread that actually make sense countering that point.
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Can we get some, I don't know, ACTUAL METAL please? Yeah, Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold are cool, but it would be nice to get at least some recognition of thrash, progressive and death metal existing in the realms of Rock Band more than a few times, at best, per year. I of course am referring to less obvious bands (otherwise known as not Judas Priest, Megadeth, and Pantera). Whatever. Hopefully these are fun to play.

It's pretty rare that we get less obvious bands in any genre. That's kinda the point of RBN.
Spekkio  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

I refer you to previous posts in this thread that actually make sense countering that point.

Where, exactly?

All anyone has really done is point out that metal is loosely defined. Real Metal doesn't exist any more than real Rock or real Pop.

Effectively this thread is splitting hairs that, subjectively, may or may not actually be hair.

Last edited by Spekkio on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:

This point I'm gonna agree with you on. "Girlfriend metal" as bands like A7X, Bullet for My Valentine, or All That Remains are often called serve as great intros into the genre and a pretty good time themselves.

lol that made me laugh...because it's so true :/ I'm a big ATR fan, and I've seen them many many times live, after Two Weeks hit the radio it was all over...the last time I saw them it was filled with 12 year old girls complaining if someone bumped into them during the show...just left me shaking my head...

and for the record, I don't like playing disturbed songs on the game, maybe it's just me. I don't find them fun or enjoyable in any way, but theres lots of people that enjoy them so yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

This point I'm gonna agree with you on. "Girlfriend metal" as bands like A7X, Bullet for My Valentine, or All That Remains are often called serve as great intros into the genre and a pretty good time themselves.

lol that made me laugh...because it's so true :/ I'm a big ATR fan, and I've seen them many many times live, after Two Weeks hit the radio it was all over...the last time I saw them it was filled with 12 year old girls complaining if someone bumped into them during the show...just left me shaking my head...

and for the record, I don't like playing disturbed songs on the game, maybe it's just me. I don't find them fun or enjoyable in any way, but theres lots of people that enjoy them so yeah.

...Girlfriend metal, really? Go sign up to write for the Rolling Stone. You'll get a good job spouting false, non-existant genres just to bash popular bands.

yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

...Girlfriend metal, really? Go sign up to write for the Rolling Stone. You'll get a good job spouting false, non-existant genres just to bash popular bands.

Who said having female fans was a bad thing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: