FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 (8/20/10 - All Songs Confirmed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 502, 503, 504  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if there is a lot to soak in with Rock Band 3 with the prices, the amount of gameplay changes, the change in the looks, the new peripherals...you atleast have to give Harmonix credit for putting this much work into ONE GAME.

Instead of making another bundle disc with a few changes, they decided "Fuck it, we are going to revolutionize Rhythm Games AGAIN"
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
What does that mean, anyway, "...we put as many of those in as our system can afford...?"

That's marketing speak for "No, we don't have that feature."
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Also, I was going to write out all the possible instruments combinations, but holy crap, did that list get way too long way too fast.

There are 12,500 different combinations, so good luck with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum pro mode doesn't seem to be so "pro" after all. The trailer showed a snare flam as red yellow. Theres still no double bass. Hi-hat pedal doesn't seem present, and if they still chart open hihat as blue I'll chuckle.

So the only true addition is cymbal notes for extra points?
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
The drum pro mode doesn't seem to be so "pro" after all. The trailer showed a snare flam as red yellow. Theres still no double bass. Hi-hat pedal doesn't seem present, and if they still chart open hihat as blue I'll chuckle.

So the only true addition is cymbal notes for extra points?

Quite an addition in my opinion, but it's not what I'd call a pro mode, not compared to the guitar one.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Also, I was going to write out all the possible instruments combinations, but holy crap, did that list get way too long way too fast.

Guitar/Bass/Keys/Drums: 8 possibilities each (4 difficulties, pro or not)
Vocals: 8 possibilities (4 difficulties, Harmonies or not)

So for a song with every possible part, there are 8^5 = 32768 different full-band combinations. This is assuming there's no super-easy mode like in LRB.

For a song with all possible parts but not necessarily everyone present, there's an extra choice for each instrument (8 choices of level, plus one for "no one is playing this") so that'd be 9^5 = 59049 score-tracking combinations per song. Of course, most songs will probably be missing at least one part (keys, guitar/bass, harmonies, or even no vox altogether) and older songs are more likely to not have harmonies, keys or Pro mode. Also there isn't exactly 100% confirmation of pro mode for bass yet
nardi11011  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xusder wrote:
Seraphixla wrote:
Really hope the new MIDI instruments are compatible with Pro Tools so I can get extra use out of them. I'm sure someone will find a way, right?

Most Definitely. We all know the RB/GH hardware/software modding community, they will get that shit done! And plus the countless other people out there on the net that will try to experiment on these new peripherals, it's guaranteed!

Ummm... it's MIDI, why would it NOT work? That's the entire point of it being a MIDI instrument.
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no pro mode for bass I will be a sad panda.

bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Me too. Unfortunately, the only mentions of pro mode so far have been guitar, keys and drums. The two revealed controllers for pro mode guitar are both explicitly guitars with 6 strings. Maybe it'll just be the same controller for bass and not using two of the strings (for most songs); that'd be kinda lame, but better than no bass pro mode at all.
Kane40  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Already posted but in this article, they say
Quote:
Bass parts seem to get short shrift, as there doesn't appear to be any sort of professional bassist mode.

Things I read in various articles :

About cymbals support, ok with most old DLC but about keys...
Quote:
Now, I want to stress that that’s only the case for drums. Everything that we’ve done with keys and guitar is a brand-new form of track and gameplay. That’s all restricted to RB3-specific content and forthcoming DLC.

Meh BUT
Quote:
And though they're not doing so immediately, Harmonix is considering exploring the back catalog and revamping Rock Band songs that already have keyboard parts to take advantage of the new instrument.

Let's just hope ?

Quote:
It’s getting a simultaneous worldwide release. The press release cites “Holiday 2010 in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories

Amen Hoping we'll see those Keys+game bundle.

Quote:
...and the ability to have four drum sets or whatever kind of instrument combo you like

Finally

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008

Last edited by Kane40 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I missed this (I am playing catch up now), but how is this going to affect the RBN?

I can't imagine all RBN songs will now have keyboard, harmonies, and pro modes.

Shouldn't RBN songs still function on RB2 as well as RB3 with limited functions.

IMO if they could do that. Keep RBN going for all RB2'ers (and of course work with RB3), and then have HMX DLC only be for RB3 that could keep pretty much everyone happy right?

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been an RB3-synced update to RBN hinted at, which will most likely include harmony support (the lead vocals just being used for RB2 as in green day exports) and probably keyboards, but pro mode is unlikely.

Last edited by Grinnz on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBN can still have "no part" type songs. It'll more than likely be compatible for all games.

"I asked this guy, 'Come on man, dinosaur fossils, what's the deal? He goes 'God put those here to test our faith'."
"I think God put you here to test MY faith, dude".
-Bill Hicks
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, for those people wondering how they got past the 360's 4 controller limit, I think I just found out how they did it.

I was showing the IGN video to my brother when the instrument selection screen showed up in the video. At the bottom was guitar, bass, drums and keys, but above all that were the following words:

All Instruments Mode Enabled!
Vocalists don't require a controller to play, they'll be added automatically.

In other words, vocalists just need a mic now. I'm assuming when playing on your own you'll need to use a controller though, but once you plug in the four other instruments, the game handles it from there.

I guess a picture says a thousand words:

EDIT: Watching the other video now, and man were there a lot of details I missed on the first run through, but the one I think no one has touched:

After pausing, the fretboard will rewind slightly so you don't miss the section you were playing.

So they removed the pause timer and took the On Tour method instead. Good call, good call.

Last edited by diablocon on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It wasn't playable at the event, but Harmonix showed us the Expert Pro chart for Dio's "Rainbow in the Dark" and it is mind-blowing. You are literally going to be asked to play every single note. Don't worry, different difficulty levels will be available on Pro to ease players into the new mode. It will also be used for Pro bass play. Pro is completely integrated in the game and can be chosen on a per-player/per-song basis (if supported)."

Pro Bass

Source
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 502, 503, 504  Next
Page 80 of 504

Jump to: