FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MTV/Harrah's Tourney: Rofl Mao wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preppypoof wrote:

you guys better win it all!

seriously though, a near FBFC in a bar? that had to be your guys' best run, right?

That was our best run all together. After practicing the path together last Friday (when we finished around 2.87 with a wrong vocal path), we all soothed our nerves by FCing the song at home multiple times (seriously, the drummer went and FCed it 5 times in a row at home - even just playing it 5 times a row would have been a manifestation that he wanted to win :-) ). So when we got there, we knew we could blow our practice score (and the rest of the Get Up scores nationwide) out of the water, after a practice run to get our mindset right, and that's what we did.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
asatira  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RipleyLV426 wrote:
Good luck to TBWNWDNS at TDB in ATL tonite, performing GU(IFLBa)SM-P1, ELTSDIM, C(IRBY), or whatever. Rock on, guys! \m/

thanks Ripley, Had a good time. My band mates in ATL are so awesome
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the total over the top dedication! It was fun. Its a little sad we didn't make it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time in Buford last night. They have a great set up, atmosphere, and all the DC tracks available. Hoping to see some updated leaderboard scores soon. This is the guitarist/singer from Eggs Erroneous, signing off saying it's a great feeling to get to go back to the finals. Glad to see all 4 of last years AC bands are back in one way or another!
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComaWhiteCPW wrote:
Had a great time in Buford last night. They have a great set up, atmosphere, and all the DC tracks available. Hoping to see some updated leaderboard scores soon. This is the guitarist/singer from Eggs Erroneous, signing off saying it's a great feeling to get to go back to the finals. Glad to see all 4 of last years AC bands are back in one way or another!

You guys totally deserve it after that run of it you put up. Congrats again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Heck yeah. Seattle is over.

Amazing. Nice job!

There's a pretty good turnout from the SH community for this competition. Any chance of adding username/instrument to the OP where applicable? Also, does anyone have vids of their performances?
ComaWhiteCPW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RipleyLV426 wrote:
does anyone have vids of their performances?

If you've got Facebook, you can see Intellectual Platypus & The Wombats take the Transit Lounge in Miami. Kirby's on vocals, vVv Paradise on guitar, Draktyr from UHR on drums, and some guy (not that one, though) on bass.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asatira wrote:
RipleyLV426 wrote:
Good luck to TBWNWDNS at TDB in ATL tonite, performing GU(IFLBa)SM-P1, ELTSDIM, C(IRBY), or whatever. Rock on, guys! \m/

It would have been nice to win, but getting to meet and hang out with ManofMrE, qirex, and asatira was definitely worth the trip all on its own.

And congrats to Eggs Erroneous. Fantastic run, and with one person multitasking no less. Have a blast in AC!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
asatira  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
asatira wrote:
RipleyLV426 wrote:

It would have been nice to win, but getting to meet and hang out with ManofMrE, qirex, and asatira was definitely worth the trip all on its own.

And congrats to Eggs Erroneous. Fantastic run, and with one person multitasking no less. Have a blast in AC!

One of my buds took some vid cam shots of us doing Cherub, I'll see if he can post and I'll repost on Facebook. You can see how annoyed I was by my body guesture missing so many opening phrases to Billy Corgan.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, my band might have lost our qualifier, but I am proud that not only do we have a top 10 score for a losing band, we have the only top 20 score for Highway Star. Everything else is either Cherub Rock or Get Up.

I am proud of that. At least we threw down.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RipleyLV426 wrote:
There's a pretty good turnout from the SH community for this competition. Any chance of adding username/instrument to the OP where applicable? Also, does anyone have vids of their performances?

I plan on doing this once all the qualifiers are over and all the scores are posted.

We asked about videos in Seattle but there are apparently rights issues involved so they don't let you record them.

Also if they do this again next year we need another qualifier in the PNW so that bands can get out from under Kawigi's shadow :P. C'mon Portland/Vancouver/Spokane bar owners!

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
ComaWhiteCPW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To FrankieB and gang, I hate to hear you guys lost with such a rippin' score on Highway Star. It is honorable you didn't go for the easy way out, but sometimes you gotta put pride to the side, very commendable run however, much better than our 3 piece could have produced.

Also, who runs the score tracking on the first page of this thread? I was hoping they would change the Hobbtailed Tannin Werewolves, or whatever, from being Atlanta winner to Eggs Erroneous. TRTR official leaderboards has still not been updated, but we did score 2,311,029 on Cherub Rock to seal the deal in Atlanta. Thanks!
KirbySH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
RipleyLV426 wrote:
does anyone have vids of their performances?

If you've got Facebook, you can see Intellectual Platypus & The Wombats take the Transit Lounge in Miami. Kirby's on vocals, vVv Paradise on guitar, Draktyr from UHR on drums, and some guy (not that one, though) on bass.

<3 you matt
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for OP update.

I haven't been updating Rocktimizer paths since the start of the Harrah's tourney. But now that my band is out, do people want to see paths for recent DLC? Or would they prefer that I keep those paths under wraps until after the tournament ends?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: