FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RBN Error help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0bb0  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: RBN Error help Reply with quote

So I am getting an error in Magma that I have no idea how to fix...

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/shelly donovan/desktop/xiv project/xiv rbn.mid: Track PART DRUMS required but not found

Now I know that you have to have a PART DRUMS and a [start_drums] event at 1.1.00. But whenever I try to move them to that spot, they automatically change themselves to 0.4.996! I have no idea why. Only the drums are giving me trouble with this, everything else is fine.

Here is a screenshot of the events list.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you don't need a [start_drums] event, but don't quote me on it.

What you DO need are mix events. Check the drum authoring FAQ on the creators site for a list of the different mix events since they're not individually listed in the drop down. They go like this:

[mix 0 _____]

0 specifies the difficulty being easy, and you then need to add the type of mix in the blank. You need to do one event for each difficulty, 1 being medium, 2 being hard, and 3 being expert.

I don't know if that fixes this exact problem, but it's something you're going to need to do eventually anyway.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Fairwood  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
I'm pretty sure you don't need a [start_drums] event, but don't quote me on it.

What you DO need are mix events. Check the drum authoring FAQ on the creators site for a list of the different mix events since they're not individually listed in the drop down. They go like this:

[mix 0 _____]

0 specifies the difficulty being easy, and you then need to add the type of mix in the blank. You need to do one event for each difficulty, 1 being medium, 2 being hard, and 3 being expert.

I don't know if that fixes this exact problem, but it's something you're going to need to do eventually anyway.

It's not the exact problem, but you are right.

I'd make sure your MIDI track is starting exactly at 1.1. And recent versions of Reaper can, if you're not careful, drop things just off the line if you're sliding them around.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the Drums Track from reaper.
Now Import your "xiv rbn.mid" into a blank reaper project. (Your drum track probably didn't make it if you look.)
Paste your drum track and export. You should be good.

An alternative way would be to press Ctrl+A on the timeline to select all tracks and tick the "Only Export Selected Tracks" option in the Export menu. This should fix it to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: