FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
B.Y.O.B. mischart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: B.Y.O.B. mischart Reply with quote

This isn't a glitch so much as a mischart, but the second "handed to obsoletion" on B.Y.O.B. vocals is charted on the same pitch as the first instance in which the phrase is used, even though the two are on completely different pitches within the song. I was saved on my sightread just now due to lack of remembering the details of the song, if I'd remembered the part as being different than the first I would've choked and messed up my run. Just thought I'd inform people of it, although it doesn't seem like something that could have slipped past peoples' attention.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure offhand which phrase you're talking about, but it might be that they're exactly one octave apart
dore  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, there's a part where it's harmonized and they chart one voice and make the other the prominent one that's obviously supposed to be the lead. It's a 5th or 4th off I think

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
nah, there's a part where it's harmonized and they chart one voice and make the other the prominent one that's obviously supposed to be the lead. It's a 5th or 4th off I think

>_<

The existence of things like that is another argument for why harmonies should be included in RB3. Especially for people like me hoping for more songs from Hypnotize/Mesmerize
Anexa  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bclare"

>_<

The existence of things like that is another argument for why harmonies should be included in RB3. Especially for people like me hoping for more songs from Hypnotize/Mesmerize[/quote]

Luckily there WILL be harmonies in RB3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much been hit right on the head, the harmony it's been charted on is extremely hard to hear.

RB3 harmonies would be awesome, but it would mean they'd either have to re-chart all the vocal charts for ye olde DLC or just have olde DLC lacking harmonies. That's of course assuming DLC will be backwards compatible. Which it better be. *Shakes fist*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyAreNext-Uw3 wrote:
Pretty much been hit right on the head, the harmony it's been charted on is extremely hard to hear.

RB3 harmonies would be awesome, but it would mean they'd either have to re-chart all the vocal charts for ye olde DLC or just have olde DLC lacking harmonies. That's of course assuming DLC will be backwards compatible. Which it better be. *Shakes fist*
Yeah that garbage happens in Gimme Shelter too..I hate it when you have to match the voice you can't hear.

I have no doubt DLC will be backwards compatible, in the past that has seemed to be a very high priority for HMX, and I think they know they would lose a TON of money if they tried to change that.

I'm guessing that old DLC will just be lacking the harmonies, and new DLC will include it. There might be some instances where they re-release selected old DLC with harmonies and just have it say "Harmony Version" or "With Harmonies" or something and selectable as a new song.
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They screwed up the entire chart and combined both Daron and Serj's pitches pretty much
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: