FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New RBBN Event - Finnegan's Irish Pub - Ashburn, VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crookedtreeent  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: New RBBN Event - Finnegan's Irish Pub - Ashburn, VA Reply with quote

Good day all,

Today we have established another venue in the Northern Virginia area. This Rock Band Bar Night™ event will be held at Finnegan's Irish Pub on Sunday, May 30, 2010. The event will start at 9:30PM and will end at 12:30PM. Other dates that we will be hosting will be on June 6, June 13 and June 20. All times are the same - 9:30P to 12:30P. If all works out we will have the opportunity to extend our service for another eight weeks or possibly longer. Age for this venue is 21+.

If you are in this area, set these dates on your calendar's, Blackberries, IPhones, etc. We are looking forward to be a valued entertainment service for the entire Northern Virginia area!!

Updates, additions and event information can be found on our Event Calendar via our webpage.

Thanks and we hope to see you all there!!

Rockband Nights - No. Virginia
Facebook: Crooked Tree Entertainment - Become a Fan!!
Twitter: crookedtreeent - Follow us!!
Web: Crooked Tree Entertainment, LLC
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news

it's been awhile since i've been to a rock band event, but ashburn is pretty close to where i live, so i'll definitely try to come at some point
(i actually used to go to high school in ashburn)

i don't suppose you have any more information about this, do you?

will it be free play, or tournament style?
and is it for individuals (if so, what instruments), or full band?
any additional information would be nice too

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega,

Just replying to your message and hopefully I can answer your questions:

Quote:
i don't suppose you have any more information about this, do you?

I hope I can, as I am the host of the event. All what we offer and do can be found on our website at Crooked Tree Entertainment. We have a unique service and provide all equipment (sound, peripheral equipment, stage lights and RB songs - We download (weekly) from the main store and also from RBN - The Rock Band Network.

Quote:
will it be free play, or tournament style?

We do have a sign-up form that we like to get completed so that my ROADIES can get the song(s) lined up. You can select two songs from our song book at a time. If the place is slow (but will pick up due to that liquid courage stuff), we can continue on with the same players until we start getting slips in. Rock Band™ is setup in NO FAIL mode. This is setup this way so that those that aren't familiar with the interaction that they can enjoy their performance(s) and get through the entire song. This is to be enjoyable and entertaining, not frustrating or difficult.

When we get an established location or locations we will have Battles or Competitions, with prizes and such - "NO FAIL" for these events will be turned off.

Quote:
is it for individuals (if so, what instruments), or full band?

We have it setup to allow all types of players. If for some reason we only have a singer at first, myself (if I can when I am not hosting) and my general ROADIES, will play along with the performer(s). If you or anyone else wants to bring in their band, thats cool too. On the sign up form, you select what you want to perform with. If there are multiple slips with individual players or not a complete band, we will attempt to match everyone up. We want FULL BANDS and stay away from the typical KARAOKE setting.

Quote:
additional information would be nice too

I am not sure what you are looking for. You can give me a call if you wish. The phone number is on our Contact Page which is on our website. Should be a local call for you if you are in Manassas, Virginia.

Just FYI, we will be at Ned Devine's in Herndon and also in Centreville (which may be closer for you). All events can be found on our website Event Calendar for location, times and other details.

Entry to these events are 21+ (FYI). We do not set the ages, we just follow their policies (Virginia State or Venue).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: