FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bodies - Overdrive Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfivealive  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Bodies - Overdrive Bug Reply with quote

I did a quick search through the forum to see if there was a thread for RBN songs that had bugs in them and couldn't find one, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before...

In Drowning Pool's Bodies, in the drum chart, theres a spot in the song when you activate overdrive, theres an OD phrase directly after it. If you activate OD then the OD phrase directly after it disappears. If you skip the fill it stays. Not sure why this is and was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

Im not sure if this is a bug in RBN charting or if it also happens in songs completely published by Harmonix. I could of sworn it happened to me in one of The Who songs as well over the weekend, but coulda just been the alcohol. My combo doesnt break, the OD phrase just kinda disappears.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's related to the fact that if you hit a wrong note during or even slightly before an Overdrive phrase, it breaks the phrase.

If a fill ends too close to the start of another Overdrive section, it'll look at the green note that you use to complete the fill, say, "Hey, that's not a proper note in the chart," consider it a miss and break the phrase.

You'll maintain your combo because it wasn't a "combo miss," but the "overdrive miss" is less forgiving.
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the same thing. I asked around and found that if you activate the fill at the right time, you won't lose the OD phrase. The only thing is, I don't remember if you want to hit it as early as possible or as late as possible, but I was able to activate AND get the OD phrase after a few tries.

Also, just to clarify this to anybody who reads this thread, the OD phrase doesn't actually disappear, it just reverts to a regular phrase with no OD.
jfivealive  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh ok, makes sense now why i also noticed it in a who song. I'll try and hit it the activation a wee bit early then, thanks for the clarification.
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell it's because the notes under the "crash" of the drum fill are part of the OD phrase, and whether you hit them or not it doesn't break your combo, but if you don't hit them (ie, squeeze) it will cancel the rest of the OD phrase. And yes this is a common problem in RB songs, RBN or otherwise, and there is a note about in the RBN authoring docs.
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: