FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Do RBN songs work on RB1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Do RBN songs work on RB1? Reply with quote

I suppose this doesn't matter to me, as a PS3er (Usually), but it's just something I'm curious about. I can see them not being on L:RB as they're unrated (I believe) but they're also basically just DLC anyway. I don't expect them to be able to be purchased in the RB1 store, but are they still playable like regular DLC?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no. RBN dlc saves to the RB2 Directory instead of RB1 like normal dlc.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that also. None of it shows up in RB1. And on a side note, it seems as though the update moves the normal DLC files from RB2 under RB1. Like, before the memory settings said 6 GBs on RB2, now it's only a few hundred megs from RBN and now RB1 is 7 GB or so.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal DLC has always been saved under RB1, regardless of where or when you download(ed) it. Not sure why your RB2 would have "gotten smaller" unless you previously had it installed to the hard drive then deleted it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything I bought from RB2 saved there. Before I got this 120 GB HDD, i had to constantly make space, so I've seen it say a few Gigs for RB2 and 1ish for RB1 many times. I guess I could be mistaken, but I have cognitively noticed this on many occasions. And no, never installed it.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, it has *always* gone under RB1 for me, no matter where I made the purchase from (which is almost always either xbox.com or the RB2 music store).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download a song on RB1 first all songs go there. If you do it on RB2 first the songs you download go to RB2.
AEtherchild  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even play RB1, although it is in my game roster. All songs I download are through RB2, including on my new hard drive that has not had RB1 played on it, and all my downloaded files go to the RB1 folder apart from RBN songs.
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first download that I ever made was the rock band 1 transfer, then the 20 free songs. Everything, with exception to RBN songs, appears in the RB1 folder for me.

Back on topic, no, RBN is neither purchasable, playable, nor testable within RB1. I suspect this is something to do with the demos, but it's hard to say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that HMX will probably treat the PS3 & Wii RBN stores exactly like the main RB store (as opposed to the 360 version, where there's a clear separation of technology), I'd think there's a fair chance of the songs being playable on RB1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: