FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if in the wrong place.

I'm probably being very early here... But is there any way currently to work out GS cutoffs for RBN songs, apart from golding songs? Also, has there been any luck with regards to charts being released for pathing?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Also, has there been any luck with regards to charts being released for pathing?

Kawigi is working on a website on which authors can upload their own .mids so that all 4 major programs have access to them. Only songs for which the authors choose to do so will have charts made. It's far too much work for us to keep up with downloading and manually dumping the RBN songs (even using the "demo" which should in theory work for our purposes).

Just keeping up with the regular DLC is taking up a lot of my time, money, and disk space (on my server more so than on my Xbox).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
Silly wrote:
Also, has there been any luck with regards to charts being released for pathing?

Kawigi is working on a website on which authors can upload their own .mids so that all 4 major programs have access to them. Only songs for which the authors choose to do so will have charts made. It's far too much work for us to keep up with downloading and manually dumping the RBN songs (even using the "demo" which should in theory work for our purposes).

Just keeping up with the regular DLC is taking up a lot of my time, money, and disk space (on my server more so than on my Xbox).

Do you need donations?

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back before people worked out the Gold Star formula based off of number of notes, guestimating those things used to be what I did for a living.

If you're just trying to guestimate cutoffs for yourself, you can get a pretty good 'field estimate' by taking the 5* cutoff and multiplying by ... man, it's been ages, I don't even remember anymore. 1.4675? Yeah, that sounds about right (for everything except Drums).

With over 180 songs already out for RBN, you'd need someone pretty dedicated to keep up with the cutoffs and get exact numbers by the true formula.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

NoahTheDuke wrote:
Do you need donations?

Noah

If you are referring to the regular DLC, there is a donate button on my chart site (though I do intend to keep making these charts for at least a few more months regardless). If you mean for RBN DLC, I do not expect to manually be extracting these charts myself, ever. The volume is simply too much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
NoahTheDuke wrote:
Do you need donations?

Noah

If you are referring to the regular DLC, there is a donate button on my chart site (though I do intend to keep making these charts for at least a few more months regardless). If you mean for RBN DLC, I do not expect to manually be extracting these charts myself, ever. The volume is simply too much.

I've done it. And I'm talking all the RBN tracks that have been released so far. Coincidentally, I have them uploaded (latest was 03-18-10) and I just bought a couple more songs yesterday and today, so I'm gonna try and upload those new ones when the DLC comes out for Tuesday.

But if anyone wants them, 173 .mid files are available.

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the updates ajanata/Xusder, and thankyou PeridotWeapon for the GS cutoff formula, works like a charm :D

@Xusder: There were about a dozen charts that I was after in particular. Where would I be able to find them? Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious. :c

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Xusder wrote:
ajanata wrote:
NoahTheDuke wrote:
Do you need donations?

Noah

I've done it. And I'm talking all the RBN tracks that have been released so far. Coincidentally, I have them uploaded (latest was 03-18-10) and I just bought a couple more songs yesterday and today, so I'm gonna try and upload those new ones when the DLC comes out for Tuesday.

Do you happen to have .dtas extracted, too?

I kind of like the idea, though, of having authors opt in to these projects, even if having someone as crazy as you to keep downloading and extracting them would mitigate some of the necessity :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Xusder  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Xusder wrote:
ajanata wrote:
NoahTheDuke wrote:
Do you need donations?

Noah

Do you happen to have .dtas extracted, too?

I kind of like the idea, though, of having authors opt in to these projects, even if having someone as crazy as you to keep downloading and extracting them would mitigate some of the necessity :-)

I can get them for you. I just have the .mid files extracted for right now.

And yeah you guys were right about the time it takes to extract them. It took me 4-5 hours of straight extracting and renaming files that day when RBN launched, though that was just for the first batch that arrived. Last week (03-18-10), I had 33 more .mid files to extract (all done though). And recently I just got some of the more newer releases, will extract those files when the regular DLC gets released (I can extract them all at the same time instead of doing it on a day by day basis).

As for having authors submit their .mid and DTA/DTB files, that's a really cool idea. Makes Scorehero an even more great community to be around.

ALL OF MY D.L.C. All RB 1/2 DLC, All RB:N DLC, All TB:RB DLC, All Exports (RB 1/L:RB/GD:RB). Pray for my Hard Drive!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xusder PSN Name: Xusder Wii Friend Code: 2904437187104594
Grinnz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Xusder wrote:
As for having authors submit their .mid and DTA/DTB files, that's a really cool idea. Makes Scorehero an even more great community to be around.

Unfortunately, with the amount of authors that would actually do this, you could probably get the same done in half an hour or so :p
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: GS Cutoffs/Charts for RBN Songs? Reply with quote

Grinnz wrote:
Xusder wrote:

Unfortunately, with the amount of authors that would actually do this, you could probably get the same done in half an hour or so :p

I'm a little more optimistic (perhaps unrealistically), because I think inclusion in our three sites (ajanata's charts, SmugDuckling's guitar/bass paths, and my cutoffs/drum paths/song database/vocal charts/pathing data) is a nice bit of free advertising that involves very little effort, and (if you trust us, at least) very little risk and no cost. There may even be some perks, like getting standalone pieces of our programs or something (that might help find abnormalities in your midi, or verify that your song is gold-starrable on every instrument).

I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd like to have complete coverage of RBN content, but we don't want to keep up on the downloading and extracting process on that scale. Hopefully the authors will see value in working with us, as I think that value exists for both us and them.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: