FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, don't let it get you down.

Still, next time make your decisions wisely. Any chance of attempting to re-FC it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Update was severely delayed due to internet problems on uni. Really ugly for a Woman's Day update, don't you think?*

Kawigi - Wow, BHS is off-key! That's why I was missing some notes here and there..."Blood Doll" caused me a lot of problems, and I never seemed to hit the 1st talky line 'til I said the words earlier. About Timmy...you'll see.

Fury - Dude, after that thread you made on the Vocals section (if it was you indeed), I thought you got it already! Give the song a few listens, you'll get it!

Knux2007 - AYGBMG isn't that hard at all. Not a bad FC because of the non-rubbable talkies, but not much of a hard FC because they can be hit if you time them fairly well.

Chaos - Glad you didn't break my shelter this time.

On a typical note...

SCREW YOU TIMMY!!!

After the Sunday failure, which also featured a grind that lasted at least 90 minutes, for nothing but another 3rd choke verse, I needed a measly FIFTEEN MINUTES to be done with this song. Yesh shir. That's the difference between playing alone and playing with everyone else here. I dropped 10 points on the 2nd phrase, my worst one, but I don't care, I'm not going back because of 10 points, while I have tens of thousands to get in reduxes. Now let's got to the afternoon, an FC that seemed impossible to me.

SWEET JESUS, THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! D:

Took one hour or so. 1st time hitting "Blood runs cold on stolen souls" = FC. People were working with hammers on the home next door, maybe starting some kind of reform. They probably could hear my reaction after hitting the 4 lines, but I don't give a fuck. FC baby!

With the talky mayhem "finished", I chose to get the other songs outta my way. Screw it, I have the chance to reach the awesome 57 Club, and I just thought about this fact. 'Til 5pm, I managed the remaining FC's with proper OD use and even fix the score on "Wave of Mutilation" for another GS.

Maybe I'll give "Next to You" a few tries periodically, while I do the next main thing: fix some terrible scores. That's all, guys and girls!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
FurySH  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was me , still cant get it tho, its one of my favorite songs too, thats the annoying part

Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, you've really proven your skill as a vocalist. You did that pretty fucking quick. Awesome job

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
MAYRAluvsYA  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um What?

When did you get better than me lol Very nice.
CHawk  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you got 57 RB1 FC's in about 2-3 weeks, when it took me almost 2 years to get 57?

Hate joo.

But seriously though, amazing job Tidus! I've been experimenting with the NtY with some results, if you're interested in learning how to get the Awesome on it! (Although I have yet to get an Awesome myself. >_>)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on reaching the exclusive 57 RB1 FC club Tidus! You did it in a fairly short amount of time and you should be quite proud of yourself. A few notes about Next to You that you should know:

- timing is everything on the talkie; the window of opportunity to hit it is something crazy like 1 ms. If you don't start the talkie within that 1 ms window, you can't get an awesome.

- the sound you make is largely irrelevant. Timing is everything. Certain sounds might seem to produce "better" results with the talkie, but no one sound will give an awesome, and the results you get with certain sounds are usually inconsistent. Otherwise, tons more people would be running around with Next to You FCs.

- it comes down to your patience, your willingness to grind, and a little bit of luck.

And that's my spiel on Next to You. If you ever decide to do battle with Next to You and grind it out, I hope your ventures aren't nearly as painful as mine were. Don't choke the first time you hit it like me!
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, it's Spirit of Radio all over again. In the sense that you waste lots of time with it and get nothing out of it except a choke near the end, have a fit of rage, and then get the FC quickly. At that time, you said, "If I go into this mood, everything happens after some time. Who knows if I would have kept sucking if I didn't outburst?!" Except here you didn't put yourself on the edge of your end. Now if only that outbursting would have helped you get those seven remaining FCs in Smash Hits...

So, either way, you've earned the 57/58 rightfully. Good luck should you go for Next to You. But as i've said many times, I can understand if that would be a stumbling block that you wouldn't want to approach, and if that's the case, well...you get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, every time I mentioned a goal for you, you get it like the next day or 2. Time for Next To You! After some practice, of course

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
Diex  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its incredible the speed of the FCs...

It just blows my mind. And I know you'll eventually get Next To You. But good luck

thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ownsauce.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the update, I'd like to thank you all and respond these replies!

FurySH - Keep going, listen to the end part a few times, 'til you get the feeling of it. You will get it!

Lefty - Haha, I amazed myself to be honest. To begin with, I didn't expect to FC Timmy in less than 15 minutes

Mayra - About me being better than you, I still dunno. But lol, thanks!

CHawk - Thank my stand on GH Vocals for that! No, not really, I'm kidding. The very core of a good RB1 campaign is the experience with talkies, and mine was very poor when I started it. I may be much better at pitch accuracy, but I had to take an intense trip to learn those talkies. I see you filled 90% on that talky, by the way. I assume you filled more than me, and had a Strong, right?

Indestructible - Thanks a bunch for the advice on "Next to You"! I surely will keep that in mind. While I have scores to fix on the setlist, I'll be poking that song periodically to see what I get.

Chaos - Not really that song all over again. I'd never get Timmy nor Blood Doll at that Sunday, no matter how strong my will was. My rage came from the terrible environment conditions, such as pressure, short-time visiters, etc. Also, I read your PM, I'll reply to it if possible.

Knux2007 - It won't happen so soon like the other 57 FCs, but it can happen. Somehow.

Diex - I did not mean to blow your mind, but that shit happens to me all of the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" In all seriousness though, about NtY, I'm hoping so too, somehow.

thewinnerisgeeg - Mr. Green

So, at this afternoon, I started to boost my rank. Staying below Top 50 with all but "Next to You" FC'd isn't cool. Speaking of NtY, I started my session giving this song a poke. But didn't want to get a "Messy", I wanted at least to get those 60% I got after watching Sophrosyne's vid. And I wanted a good run too, with the optimal path, as I don't know any alternative path. BUT...the unexpected happened, after some failure, such as Messy's and activations not working. I filled something that seems to be about 85% of the pie, an "Okay", but almost "Strong". Dunno, but I really think it's 85%. And ended up with the so desired run to boot. I'll think and rethink about how I've done that, the spot where I started the talky. The hopes of an FC have been enlightened. Let's see how the next days will be. But for today, that's all, because I wanted to get those reduxes, and hadn't enough time to grind anyway.

After that poke, reduxes galore! These were the re-FC's.

(Don't Fear) The Reaper: "Seasons don't fear the reaper" was still kinda tricky for me, but that's a nice 8k improvement!

Gimme Shelter: CHawk is gonna hate me for that! But YAY for consistency on the Yeah^4, and with my own method. The 10th phrase (the 1st "It's just a shot away, it's just a shot away") is the very hardest one for me now. 6k here.

Outside: Just something at 800 points, but should put me at an ideal spot. The random path at the previous FC seemed to be just slightly off.

Nightmare: GS and a whooping 11k improvement. The last phrase is one of the few talkies that MUST be whispered. I bet that some vocalists wanted it to be a BRE.

Celebrity Skin: Tenor-ranged female songs FTL. I tend to drop octaves on female songs, so this is a bit annoying. Don't believe me? "Look at my face" from the beginning of 2nd verse wants to have a word with you. Almost 11k from this one, like "Nightmare".

I'm So Sick: This song doesn't figure on the list of non-rubbable talkies, and I wanted shit to be fast. Guess what? But much like "Outside", my random path on the old FC was just a bit off, so I got 400 points here, enough to never have to nail that talky again.

More soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
82erkle  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'ed when I saw 'Next To You shit' XD.

Great job with RB1. RB1's engine is just stupid on vox. I remember having a tough time with a couple of songs on the RB2 engine XD. Good luck with getting Next To You!

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like this "progress" on Next to You kinda came out of nowhere. Hope you can manage the FC, but again, if it's undesirable, just do what you want to.

tidus wrote:
My rage came from the terrible environment conditions, such as pressure, short-time visiters, etc.

Uh, okay, that's different

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Erkle and Chaos. Pretty appreciated.

Some quick news: lack of planning on my reduxes (that will be fixed hopefully) made me just fix the "Electric Version" score before poking "Next to You" a bit more. After some attempts, I ended up getting a blood-boiling "Strong" on the talky.

However, I blew away that run with another "Strong" on the second-to-last phrase, which proves that I need direly to be consistent with the whole thing after the "OWWWW".

For now, that's all, folks. Maybe more reduxing and poking, if possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 32 of 39

Jump to: