FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
That is really impressive, man. Last time I tried that stupid song, I didn't even 5-star it.

If you can get that, you can get anything! Gogo FGFC!

If dr00bles is impressed, you know you've done something really awesome. (for vox at least)
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, now for the comments!

Lefty - That's what you just saw!

Chaos - Yep, that's kinda cliche now. KIDDING! Kawigi hit the nail on the head. If people want to have success on RB1 vocals, they have to be really dedicated! I'll try to beat that Timmy later, I don't think I mave many chances with my whole family around.

Knux2007 - Thinking well, maybe I can do some more progress. But...with a lack of an effective training (I could go directly to that line), it'll take even more patience. But don't expect it though!

Fury -

CHawk - I saw it! It's all about innovation, lots of fun for sure. I think you congratulated me on #scorehero already, so that's okay!

Diex - Yeah, I wanted to get that shit over with at once. Hence the jump from tech-FC to FC in little time.

bclare - Refer to Kawigi, he has a really good point. But...don't forget about "Next to You"! I hope you'll still be happy even if I get to 57. But first, I need to get rid of Timmy, and learn AYGBMG and "Blood Doll".

Kawigi - Some of the trickery you used was really important. Like on the "I'll tell ya now I keep it on and on", and the idea of using the transition from the bag back to my voice to calculate the timing for "IIIIII". So, you helped me a lot, ya know. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and "Blood Doll" are the ones remaining unlearned, and of course, SCREW YOU TIMMY!

Arvain - I wonder if you'll feel obliged to get the FC sometime? Well, sucks about midding right after the "Listen all of y'all lines". I missed sometimes there too. But if you don't feel like using plastic bag trickery (the consistent way), you can always try Dogfood's method, or try something I did on an experimental run, speaking with a low register and just do well with the timing.

JOE2210 - God? Oh, that's flattering! I'm amazed at myself by the way I'm learning those talkies!

Dr00bles - Oh, I wonder how much you wished RB talkies could be like GH ones. It's a matter of figuring out what, and when you must inject in order to hit a talky. Some are easier, some are really tough.

Oh, one year ago, in the night of March 6th, 2009. On a break between classes at the Uni, I deceided to build a thread regardless of which difficulty I was playing at that moment. Most of the people I knew were already supporting me, and offering themselves to help me anytime I needed. Damn, I was playing Easy and going to Medium. Today, I have something that has a hella lot to do with the Vocals Community. This.

This song was laughing at my face 'til that morning. After starting to hit that talky, and starting to get the hang of the final part (as well as the GS run), my worst line BY FAR was ironically the Billtvshow's one (if you watched the Community FC of this song, you'll know what I'm talking about). I couldn't get more than a "Weak", then after a few restarts, I said to myself that I'd just do that take before leaving for endeavors. I simply flailed through that "Yeah", and proceeded to almost choke on the last phrase and almost ahve a heart attack. I'm not singing this again, as much as it's awesome.

Also, two more FCs with some share of epicness.

"Detroit Rock City" was pure matter of timing. I hit the "Get up, get down" twice, because I choked in another talky after it. But I messed the OD on the FC run. Dammit.

"Run to the Hills" wasn't as hard as I thought. Between figuring out the really bad pitched phrases, hitting the talkies (again, just timing and sensibility zero) and make that scream fill the pie a bit faster, it didn't take too long. Still, some fun stuff despite the problems with this chart.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Diex  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you! I want the RTTH FC so much! its pretty hard to FC all of them in one run

You seem to be winning at this game so much. Everyday is an epic FC. FP/LT is pretty tough, so great job. Im sure you can get the Next To You FC.

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing those 3 FC's, I know you could get 57/58 Easily, and FGFC with practice

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...what else can I say, except that i'm so happy for you? :')

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston=win.

Nice Tidus!
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are You Gonna Be My Girl is pretty easy (even if it doesn't *sound* easy). Actually, you should have no real trouble FCing anything else tiered up to that either, have you done those at all yet? I think Blood Doll is one of the more musically difficult songs in the game (similar to I Get By and Can't Let Go).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Are You Gonna Be My Girl is pretty easy (even if it doesn't *sound* easy). Actually, you should have no real trouble FCing anything else tiered up to that either, have you done those at all yet? I think Blood Doll is one of the more musically difficult songs in the game (similar to I Get By and Can't Let Go).

Uh, Blood Doll's talkies are... ugh. I hated grinding that.

But yeah, I saw you have 48 already... 0_0 57 soon maybe? Incredible.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, folks! Time for some individual responses, and a breakdown while I realized that I'm at a perfect time.

Diex - You sure can get it. Timing and zero sensibility for the talkies, and after you figure out the "mischarted" lines, and don't choke on the screaming, you should be fine.

Knux2007 - There are 3 more songs to be worried about. The rest will be cake in this main goal of 57. I'll be there soon. At least as soon as I get rid of Timmy.

Chaosfreak - Dunno! Good ol' wall of text?

Sportsboy - Totally agreed. Despite those songs are really hard on vocals, they're awesome. R.I.P. Brad Delp. (I just forgot it)

Kawigi - Easy? Really? I think I should try them now that I'm a bit more used to use some timing on those talkies. I'll let ya know how I'm doing with this and "Blood Doll", but I think I need to FC Timmy first so I can have some peace.

Lefty - I know, right? Those talkies kicked my ass on my sightread, but I haven't tried it again since then. We'll see. I surely can reach 57, leaving THAT song as last one.

Now for the final 10 Breakdown, by err...tiers. NOT. Alphabetical order is the way to do it. Orange = songs with broken talkies. Red = the one that's not happening so soon.

1. Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Haven't worked seriously on this one, but I gave it like 5 tries, and haven't figured a way to hit the talkies, and have been missing the pitched phrases in the top of it. Let's see what happens now.

2. Black Hole Sun - Shouldn't be too hard now that I'm getting better, I just played it on my 1st day after returning to RB1. Just be careful with the variations on the "Won't you come" lines, and all is fine.

3. Blood Doll - Bad sightread, but didn't touch this song 'til then. Maybe a good timing will help me on the talkies. It is said that whispering works too, but I suck at using this method.

4. Creep - One of those songs I'm saving for the end, just in case I get as lucky as Billtvshow, Indestructible and others. Or I might be just getting this after I get the 3 likely songs (AYGBMG, Timmy and Blood Doll) for the sake of the calm. Also, one of my favorite songs on this disk, so it'd be nice to save it for the final ones.

5. Day Late, Dollar Short - Have gotten a GS after my sightread and didn't come back. Looks overtiered, won't be hard at all.

6. Dead on Arrival - Aside the fact that I can't stand Fall Out Boy, I haven't worked on this one for real. We'll see.

7. Learn to Fly - See "Creep". Replace "Creep" with "Learn to Fly". Add the fact that Foo Fighters is one of my favorite rock bands of all time.

8. Next to You - OWWWWWWWWWWW! You know the drill. I'm still to reach "Okay" on it. This is not happening without a godly level of luck.

9. Orange Crush - Should fall quickly, verses have a similar melody as "The One I Love" on Guitar Hero World Tour, and I just have to watch out for the 2nd and 3rd choruses.

10. Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld - I had a choke on the "Huyah daah" that is the last phrase of last verse. This was the spark for what was predicted: "Sabotage" being FC'd before this song. And I'm not consistent at all, if the 1st verse doesn't break combo, "Pah yup pa dub dub Timmy!" on the 2nd verse does the work easily. To finish, SCREW YOU TIMMY!

That's it, guys and girls.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always late to the party for everything. :/ Anyways, happy vocals career/thread anniversary! You picked an awesome song for the thread anniversary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but...wall of text time!

tidus wrote:
4. Creep - One of those songs I'm saving for the end, just in case I get as lucky as Billtvshow, Indestructible and others. Or I might be just getting this after I get the 3 likely songs (AYGBMG, Timmy and Blood Doll) for the sake of the calm. Also, one of my favorite songs on this disk, so it'd be nice to save it for the final ones.

That makes me want to ask-what causes pressure when it comes down to the hardest songs? I know at one point in your GH accs, arvain suggested to save easy songs for the end, that he wouldn't have as much pressure with just easy songs left, and having 21st Century Schizoid Man as his last Bass FC gave him a weird feeling.

But what difference would it make whether or not you take out the easy songs first and have only hard songs left? To start, you would still have the harder songs putting it on you anyway. Example: Say OWOA is the last song I would have to FC for a RB2 vox FGFC (which, with my current luck, it probably will be). Why would there be so much more pressure than if it wasn't the last one? I mean, i'd be nervous enough after hitting the talkie, but what else factors in?

Likewise, you know that in my Lego Vox FGFC, Accidentally in Love was my last FC. What do you think would have happened if my last FC had to be I Want You Back, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic or Real Wild Child? I just felt i'd have a nicer ending with the former. I did it for, say, the same reason Bendover did Aqualung last in his RB2 Drums FGFC. But the main reason I took care of Life is a Highway and Real Wild Child early on is so I would hope I didn't waste time with easy songs only to be against a wall with the harder ones.

In GHWT, on the other hand, Monsoon was your second to last FC because you hate that song, then No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn because...why again? I feel like you did that more for lulz.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Individual responses then some quick news.

B-Fuzz - No worries about being late. "Foreplay/Long Time" was the best I could pick, it has everything to do with the RB Vox community, people who contributed to my climb.

Chaosfreak - It's all a matter of insurance. I don't know how nervous I'd be if I let hard songs for final FCs. See how I FC'd "One Way Or Another" on RB2 as early as #13? See how I had roughly 33 songs remaining when I broke the last brick wall on GHWT, "Never Too Late"? It's all about insurance. My choice was what it was for lulz, truly.

Failure. I didn't taste it since I revisited RB1 Vocals. I was so used to the sweet taste of glory, getting one epic FC after another. But that's all my fault. All of the awesome results came when the whole family wasn't at home, and I invented of playing with them all here. Under the pressure of having to sing as quiet as possible for an unwarranted safety against complaints, and with people worried about how long it is since the 360 was turned on, all I got was this lousy FC with crappy score, because I hadn't the chance to check the path.

Had yet another 3rd verse choke on Timmy. All of the "Timmy livin' a lie" lines are breaking combos everytime. With such mentioned pressure, I can't be as dedicated as I was when I FC'd "Sabotage", and I'm pretty sure that "Blood Doll" (which kicked my ass throughly) and Timmy demand dedication. Hopefully I'll get back to the old routine, and grind these songs, so I can finally have a chance to go for 57. Wish me luck.

Moral: I shouldn't have played RB1 today.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
All of the awesome results came when the whole family wasn't at home, and I invented of playing with them all here. Under the pressure of having to sing as quiet as possible for an unwarranted safety against complaints, and with people worried about how long it is since the 360 was turned on, all I got was this lousy FC with crappy score, because I hadn't the chance to check the path.

Yeah, grinding for FCs (on any instrument, really, but definitely vocals) is more fun to do alone :-) Singing as quiet as possible is familiar to me, though, because I probably got most of my FCs while everyone else was sleeping :-p

As you've highlighted a few posts ago, you only have 3 difficult FCs left, you really should have 55 now :-)

Thoughts on what's left:
Black Hole Sun - The instruments sound off key (a little sharp) in the verses. For me the hardest part of FCing this was forcing myself to sing a little flat from what I was hearing in those sections. Exactly the opposite of Peace Sells :-) And then there's the one phrase at the beginning of the guitar solo I think, plan on having to get the hang of it.

Blood Doll - unintuitive melody, difficult talkies. I never got the talkies by whispering (even in RB2 ), I did it by putting short gaps in between certain syllables (most of them, really). If it gives you an unreasonable amount of trouble, I can try to describe it in more detail.

Creep - this was my first vocal FC, because when I finished my vocals solo tour, I felt like I should go for the Flawless Singing achievement, and this one seemed like one I knew reasonably well. Looking back, there were probably some easier ones to go for :-)

Day Late, Dollar Short - Yeah, overtiered. You learn a few things and you'll have basically the whole song down.

Dead on Arrival - Only hard part is staying accurate.

Learn to Fly - Only thing I ever had trouble with was breath control and sometimes getting low enough in the bridge.

Next to You - Yep.

Orange Crush - Probably should have done this instead of Creep first.

Timmy - Outside of the very beginning, I think I hit the whole rest of the song about 1/3 of the time. Restarting after the first four phrases doesn't take too much time out of your life. You'll get it :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
FurySH  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im jealous you got foreplay before me, ive been working on it for sooooo long oh well congrats man, good job on all the songs!

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it seem like Are You Gonna Be My Girl is a bad FC? Unless..... that's a lie. Oh please don't let it be like the cake

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 31 of 39

Jump to: