FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow amazing job! Pwning all those evil talkie songs. Ballroom Blitz is just a nightmare. Major congrats Tidus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballroom Blitz and The Hand That Feeds? You're unstoppable! Keep it up
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballroom Blitz was #56 for me (last 3 I got were Detroit Rock City, Ballroom Blitz and Sabotage).

Timmy is way easier than Sabotage. If anything, because the hardest phrases are at the very beginning of Timmy. At some point in the RB1 days, something about talkies just clicked for me. Not all talkies, but there was something about paying attention to when I should start and end words, putting gaps between certain syllables, and stuff like that, that I just sort of started doing. At that point, The Hand That Feeds became possible (there's still one or two of them that were harder, just because they were different), I got pretty good at Blood Doll, Timmy became practically consistent outside of the first couple phrases, and more and more of Sabotage started to come with practice. If you start feeling like you "get" talkies, (which it seems like you must already), you'll probably find that your fear of Timmy is mostly psychological :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*will do the individual responses later, just making sure this is as close as possible to the top of this post*

One year ago, at the afternoon of March 4th, 2009, I've found myself yet again on one of those situations: "I have an XBL headset, so I can at least play vocals. Should I buy the Rock Band/band-based Guitar Hero games and try something different or should I just shut up and not be ridiculous? Well, with some help, I made up my mind.

I started out Rock Band 2 Vocals on Easy, and had some fun times. 2 days later, I broke down and made this accomplishment thread to document the developing of my RB vocal skills. Through the time, I had some really kind (and talented) vocalists supporting me. People who have inspirated me on starting vocals, such as SG, Dogfood, RJ, Kristen and others. I have a really long list of people who posted here, but these aren't the only ones who supported me. People on the GH side (like dr00bles, GuitarHailz, Wooffus, Boss and others), people somewhere else who either aren't much of SHers or they read the thread and congratulate me with other methods, and there it goes. If it wasn't for all of those people, I'd never get THIS far. Ah, the list:

Code:
MrOmyA
RJUCPU
cdylan13
Friedmannn
woozerkristen
CHawk
arvain
Graf
Nikki
SilverSwift
wesker-kun
DNA
sentimentalgeek
Xpertlefty13
dogfoodnyc
FinalAeon
jellyalv
Havikk
MAYRAluvsYA
sukergod
GuitarGeek08
Emptyeye
nbrazzx55
82erkle
bisq
ThePhoenix3
IsLegend9
Chaosxreigns
Kubuh
Prototype.X2
ccmoose
flammablelion
Jared1287
blakstang98
Applemaster9
TheNewWhites
TopGearFTW
GirlsNightOut
azeldin
goldengoal7
lilirock
bclare
cbar323
oogabooha
PhillyPride88
chaosfreak07
sokushi
JOE2210
B-Fuzz
voidedalive2x
FurySH
sportsboy85
ProffessorJoe
TravellinMan
Knux2007
IndestructibleSD
Kawigi
MehPlusRawr
Diex
B-Fuzz
MasterNobody

To all of you, I wholeheartedly gift you with this.

It actually happened on the 2nd day of me playing this song. In that morning, I spent one hour failing on the infamous Yeah's, and somewhere else. Then, I gave up to do the home endeavors. While I was at it, I planned something to hit that line. Much like "If I don't get some shelter" (3rd OD phrase), which I hit it more consistently by skipping the warble at the bolded part, I just went after what was important.

I realized that I was getting underprepared for the 3rd Yeah everytime I tried to catch the warble on the 2nd Yeah. My plan was: skip the warble on the 2nd Yeah and stay ready to the 3rd one, which starts on the same note as the end of the 2nd (I think). After doing the stuff, the FC happened on the FIRST TRY. I couldn't figure out why. That makes no sense. As you can see, terrible score is terrible 'cause I messed up several activations and had leftover OD. But again, an FC is an FC.

There's no way I don't remember about CHawk's long-lived struggle with that song. I'm not trying to mock him. In fact, I'm still really happy to see him bringing "Gimme Shelter" down. Love ya, buddy.

I'll still keep delivering, even after this. Been thinking of some daily GH/RB vids through the week just to celebrate this moment. Let's see how it goes. For now, that's it. Thank you!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
FurySH  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on Gimme Shelter! I cant even do it in RB2 let alone RB1

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And here I was thinking you had just forgotten about that list. Put it in the OP before you forget about it

Well, whether I was at the top or near the bottom of it, that wouldn't change the fact that i'm just flattered right now.

Honestly, I can't even express my happiness in words. It truly is an honor to have you as my friend and rooting for me. You've really pushed me and played a big part in my motivation. Any congrats from you is one to be very happy for.

And as I said when you hit 200 GH Vox FCs, I know you've had some unforgiving times you got so badly frustrated over, but i'm proud of you for not letting up. Namely, when you were about to retire under humiliation, you turned around at the last second. And it was because of that that I dedicated my My Last Words bass FC to you. If it weren't for you, I doubt I would have got that. It felt so good to hit the last note in that song, as if my screaming "YES!!!!!!!!!!" when I did in my vid didn't tell you that I can also say you pushed me to full game 5* GH Metallica on vox (and hope to get more on it) and to FGFC Lego RB. Where would some of us be without you?

I'm so happy for you. Gimme Shelter is no vox FC to underestimate. You're a wonderful person, and I do now, and will always have unconditional respect for you. So I hope you keep going strong. And so will I. Once i'm ready to, that is. Which hopefully, will be before long.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a list! Thanks for the present... =P.

That's a crazy FC to do on RB1, nice job!

EF I DUNT GET SUM SHEL-TERR.

Hey, how do you strikethrough on the SH forums? >_> like draw a line through text. *random off topic whatever*
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
I'm on a list! Thanks for the present... =P.

That's a crazy FC to do on RB1, nice job!

EF I DUNT GET SUM SHEL-TERR.

Hey, how do you strikethrough on the SH forums? >_> like draw a line through text. *random off topic whatever*

like this?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Diex  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job man!

This demonstrates that latin people can play better than Americans

Its an honor to be in that list BTW

Congrats on the 1 years anniversary!

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm here, might as well do the individual responses. Thanks, folks!

MasterNobody - "Ballroom Blitz" seemed almost impossible to me, but that method made damn sure it'd look like an insect on the sole of my shoe. The aforementioned methods on those phrases, the rubbing on everything after that except the final phrases, to make sure I don't have another post-wink choke. That makes the trick.

IndestructibleSD - Nah, just for now! You'll see some songs laughing at my face soon. Especially 2 of my worst songs, one is FC-wise, the you-know-what song. My worst song, score-wise, is by far and no doubt, "Foreplay/Longtime" (known as just "Longtime" for the vocalists). I'm not that much consistent in reaching the talky intact. The talky is a really solid brick wall and I still didn't hit it. Then there's the whole part after the solo. After the phrase #35 (sung by SG on that epic community FC vid), everything else is trainwreck. I can surely work on that part, but I need to be able to hit the damn talky too.

Kawigi - I see, the standard #56. "Sabotage" is the standard #57. I'm starting to understand the stuff. On the "Will you bite the hand that feeds you?" lines, I had to over-pronounce the "that" in order to keep going. Hadn't worked on some of the songs, especially "Blood Doll", but I can see that timing is everything on some, especially "Detroit Rock City", where I didn't put too much effort in injecting the consonant, but hit the talky just with timing, and thus FC'd the song. I even had a run on Timmy where I ended up missing on the "I pledge allegiance" line, which I hit twice in a row. Maybe that's why I'm dreading it a bit more now.

FurySH - Actually, there is a reference vid showing that phrase being hit in 4 ways. It's on the RB1 engine, and you're on RB2, so it should be easier if you follow what's being done. Or you can simply do what I did: ignore the warble on the 2nd Yeah to get stay ready to the 3rd and get a bigger ammount of credit.

Chaosfreak - Oh, you and your walls of text. Just kidding!!! I know about the pushes and stuff. But it's really cool to have you as a supporter. Regarding the list, I based it in *chronological order*, nothing against any of you folks, I wrote the names as I saw their 1st posts on this thread. Thanks buddy!

MehPlusRawr - You're welcome! Not just a gift for the people on the list, but to everyone who supported me, be inside, be outside SH. To be honest, I didn't know how to strikethrough. It wasn't a command with its button, so I was confused. Guess I gotta use it sometime. And thank Kawigi for knowing about that.

Diex - Totally true! You've been cheering me up on my road to the GHWT FGFC, so I had to join the party on your RB thread!

Before I went to the uni, I got another FC today, but I'll try to get something else, and let this special day have one special FC.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Knux2007  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a response worthy of an accomplishment so awesome that I couldn't think about ever FC'ing it? Oh look, a bird! *chases bird*

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
I see, the standard #56. "Sabotage" is the standard #57. I'm starting to understand the stuff. On the "Will you bite the hand that feeds you?" lines, I had to over-pronounce the "that" in order to keep going. Hadn't worked on some of the songs, especially "Blood Doll", but I can see that timing is everything on some, especially "Detroit Rock City", where I didn't put too much effort in injecting the consonant, but hit the talky just with timing, and thus FC'd the song. I even had a run on Timmy where I ended up missing on the "I pledge allegiance" line, which I hit twice in a row. Maybe that's why I'm dreading it a bit more now.

With Blood Doll, I found myself just putting short breaths in between words that didn't look like they were right next to each other (which was between every word for the first two phrases, and between "re" and "vealed" at the end of the second phrase). I was in just as much danger of hyperventilation as missing a phrase.

I remember missing the "pledge" line once upon a time, and then later wondering how I ever could have missed it. I guess it just goes in the "say it like you hear it" category of talkies or something.

Congrats on Gimme Shelter. You should definitely re-fc it 8 or 10 more times in an attempt to get over 218k on it like we all did once upon a time. Right after you re-fc Ballroom Blitz with taps. Did you know that the timing window for taps is based on musical time rather than real time? In other words, the taps in Ballroom Blitz and Bodhisattva really *are* harder, because they're pickier timing-wise (it doesn't just seem that way :-) ).
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yay, a present thanks !!! It looks awesome ! Gimme shelter is definitely the hardest song you could get on RB1

Oh and that thread is always cool to read, i always check your updates (although i don't find much interesting stuff to post -_-), so please, don't stop :P I wonder where you'll beon march 4th 2011 rb/gh wise ^-^
CHawk  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus wrote:
There's no way I don't remember about CHawk's long-lived struggle with that song. I'm not trying to mock him. In fact, I'm still really happy to see him bringing "Gimme Shelter" down. Love ya, buddy.

<3333

And you said you couldn't do it! AMAZING job bro!

Now, if you get Next to You, you and I might have some issues. ^_^;;;

Also, to appease your curiosity: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000165-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=SLink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr I was going for this today... awesome FC Tidus!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 29 of 39

Jump to: