FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you from the ORRU stream too!

Anyway, what's your über-secret cool method? I wanna hear it.

Where are my crazy FCes? I want more of them >=(
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for the update I promised. I'll have to respond to the latest posters later, but now I have to sleep. There they are.

Yes, I took the infamous shortcut on "When You Were Young". I don't care, I FC'd it. Works 100% on those three phrases? Yes. So I'll stick to what works instead of spending hours and hours, dammit! Ah, I was missing on the line before the 2nd talky, for the record. Incidentally, it also worked on the final phrase on "Brainpower". I can't seem to do the superhero hype well, and some talkies seem kinda picky on...accents. So the bag was the only way. Fill the pie ASAP on the previous phrase to have more time to do the transition, time the rubbing well, and it's easy. Ironically, my 1st optimal on RB1. "Time We Had" has some really monstruous squeezes (couldn't catch any ), but wasn't as hard as it was before. Now for the TP2 extras.

Dropped 36 points or so on the 1st verse of "Indestructible", but FC'd the last Disturbed song I have on all of my content. The very 1st phrase was giving me fits. And FC'd the last Weezer song (again, of those I can sing, "Say It Ain't So" on RB1, this one and, of course, "Why Bother?" on GH5!) too. In fact, another severely undertiered Weezer song. Pretty tricky, especially 'cause Rivers' lines on this song are pretty odd melodically, and there is the 3rd verse, pretty dangerous. And a barely audible phrase towards the end. Nifty FC, took twice as long as the other TP2 FC.

And, again, I broke 100k on "Sabotage". By a slice of the pie, I couldn't hit the stupid "Buddy Rich" line on a certain run and get the technical FC. Will get around to try something more later.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the memories of how I always had a paper and plastic bag sitting around near the couch for score duels back in the RB1 days...
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm here, I can respond to the replies. No update for now. I'm at uni, and can't play crap obviously!

Knux2007 - Go for it! It's a more challenging engine, albeit the talkies can ruin it a bit. I stand correct on the acronyms though. The country pack is called just "Country Track Pack", so it can called as "CTP". If you see "CRTP", it's really the "Classic Rock Track Pack".

Chaosfreak - It's not that I found "Won't Get Fooled Again" hard. It's just a bit tricky, and very long. I didn't had that much of a revenge either. Back in that time, I lacked *ANY* kind of affinity with the RB1 engine. Now it's different, and "Afterlife" became an easier song. I just saw your comment when I was about to enter the score. You made a reference about the song on a previous reply, and I just had to see what I could do!

MehPlusRawr - Yeah, too bad I don't see you anymore. Come back there more! About my method, if you talk about how to hit those talkies, it's everything I heard of and knew about on some recent researches: mimic the singer, do heavy pronounces, sing an imaginary pitch...and some you have to whisper at sensibility zero, or even rubbing the mic on your pants or on a plastic bag. But each song has a different method.

Kawigi - Nostalgia? Seriously though, that's really odd...but it sure works. In any case, the real skills can be shown on "I Get By", "Reptilia", "Gimme Shelter" (which I'll FC hopefully), etc. BTW, I really appreciate you posting here, for being one of the greatest contributors on this side of SH, if not the greatest. Now here goes a question, being seen that you were playing since the RB1 times, unlike me, who started just a couple days from roughly one year: many RB1 scores that were entered have been obtained from Score Duels. Is there any difference in comparison to solo play? o_O

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Kawigi - Nostalgia? Seriously though, that's really odd...but it sure works. In any case, the real skills can be shown on "I Get By", "Reptilia", "Gimme Shelter" (which I'll FC hopefully), etc. BTW, I really appreciate you posting here, for being one of the greatest contributors on this side of SH, if not the greatest. Now here goes a question, being seen that you were playing since the RB1 times, unlike me, who started just a couple days from roughly one year: many RB1 scores that were entered have been obtained from Score Duels. Is there any difference in comparison to solo play? o_O

A reasonable number of RB1 vocals scores are from score duels. The mechanics are the same between solo and score duels in RB1 (whereas in RB2, the score duel is more like RB1 solo vox, because OD stops draining in long gaps). Additionally, back in the day, we used to have big SH score duel nights on XBL, where lots of top-ranked vocalists, less-top-ranked vocalists, and other random SHers would get on and do ranked expert vocals score duels. I think we had them going on every other week for awhile :-) We also did Tug of War once or twice, to help some of us get the achievement for that.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi - Oh, thanks for the information! Incidentally, I found a topic about that while I was doing searches about methods to overcome specific broken talkies. But hey, it seemed something fun and also a really kind move when it goes to the achievement! That's why some people miss the RB1 times, even with the broken talky mayhem, I guess.

Unfortunately nothing for now. But I've been looking for vid references about how to get past some talkies without breaking combo, and hit two unaudible lines on the 2nd verse of "Cherub Rock". And tomorrow, if I'm any lucky, I may be blowing minds with a wink of an eye. ;-)

FurySH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got this man, you got all the hard stuff out of the way now dont you?

Diex  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can someone do this?! Is like self-torture

The other day I was trying to get all RB1 exclusives on vox. Paranoid had a phrase that took me like 30 mins to hit it. And Enter Sanman, had one in the end... And those are kinda easy. I just cant imagine how you can get I Get By and all that stuff.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is any nostalgia to it, perhaps it's just the memory of the time when there were only 20 or 30 really good, dedicated vocalists, and some of them didn't even have 50/58 FCs yet :-) It's partly that it took persistence to "learn" the talkies in every song, and partly that the engine was just a little harder, but it was probably more that vocals was "new", at least to Guitar Hero (back then, most people still called it "star power" instead of "overdrive").

Either way, I got tired of vocals, and I never enjoyed it as much as guitar. The reason to keep doing it was for my band, because I did enjoy full band stuff, and I was only good enough to play competitively if I was on vocals (and, to be fair, I do have more fun doing band vocals than solo vocals).

FurySH: I'd classify about half the songs he has left as "hard" or at least "tricky on RB1".
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diex wrote:
How can someone do this?! Is like self-torture

Because he can has h4x.

Tidus, you don't look a thing like Jesus, do you? Oh, wait, yes you do. Maybe I should do some RB1 sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'll be going to uni soon, I'll be owing again the response to the replies, which I'll hopefully do when I get there. But for now, I really want to update this thread with today's FC's.

The best of today are obviously the 2 songs from the broken talky mayhem. Even though I almost missed on the talky at very last phrase of "Can't Let Go". This one was pretty tricky, because I can't antecipate the pitch after the 2nd chorus with those windows and under OD. And the "Ah" (the monster warble) was hard too.

"Ballroom Blitz" was really annoying. I had a lucky run where I hit both the wink and sky lines with rubbering, but missed "So frantically hectic". Then I was really pissed off with the failed attempts, and realized that I couldn't put Dogfood's method in practice. I'll always be a big fan of him, obviously, but I don't have the mental capacity to deliberatedly replace words. So I tried Skeltonath's method: for "And RAISES his HANDS to the skyyyyYYYY", I give emphasis on the bolded words, and raise my voice on "sky", where the pie fills quickly. As for the other line, I just wait a bit after "wink" to say the rest of the phrase, going "wink......of her eye". Success, one tap missed but I don't care.

I knew what to do on "The Hand That Feeds", but a specific phrase on the ending was blocking me. After more than enough chokes, another success.

"Cherub Rock" required a little vid help 'cause there were 2 inaudible parts on the 2nd verse.

Well, tomorrow will be the great day. Stay tuned!

Last edited by tidus on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i heard you were getting more broken talkies ? That's pretty cool (i'm so jealous of how fast you're getting them), i'm sure you can reach 56 very soon ^____^ gogogo !!
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats pretty quick to get all those RB1 songs...in the many hours I spent playing RB1 vox I never hit that stupid broken talky in ballroom blitz

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the RB1 pwnage, and good luck with Next to You. I'd be really really scared, but I'm sure someone like you isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm here, might as well do the individual responses.

FurySH - "Next to You" (and other glitched songs) would like to have a word with you. Actually pretty far from it, dunno if I'll ever make it. My basic goal is 50, and something awesome for tomorrow, my 1st vocals anniversary.

Diex - Self-torture? I thought you RB players just thought of GH vocals like this! I had to come a long way, for I started out with RB2. Now that I'm doing great stuff on GH, I can deal with the RB1 pitch leniency, can't I?

Kawigi - Now that you're talking about it, I'm kinda regretting from taking so long to make my mind and finally start Vocals. Those were really great times, from what I've seen people describing, unlike the RB2 times, when the competition on Vocals took a rather doubtful course, in my point of view.

Yes, I learned through that game, but after the FGFC, it was getting easier and easier, 'til I pretty much felt inclined to choose between squeezing or performing. And I can't do neither one nor another with excellence. Add the unability to get extra content, and you'll see what made me left that game behind.

Chaosfreak - No, I don't! If you fail to FC "Break from Rhythm Games", might pay RB1 a little visit while you're at it!

Arvain - If I ever reach 56, that'll be via "Sabotage" depending on my luck with that motherfucking Timmy. That song is pretty much a fucking slot machine, because those talkies are absurdly picky, timing-wise. But I'll make sure I get some shelter, before I'm gonna fade away. Upon your rage.

Bisq - That sucks, man. But you can always take your revenge and do what I did. Instead of matching the actual vocal track's beat, wait a bit after saying "wink", then say quickly "of her eye". "Wink.............ofhereye."

B-Fuzz - All I got was a "Weak" close to "Okay". I don't think I'll ever FC that song. Not that I'm scared though, I just don't want to grind it for too long.

Okay, that'll do it. Stay tuned for tomorrow, I'll be planning a special post and a special accomplishment!

P.S.: Before I sleep, just some questions for my curiosity: of the "Next to You" FCs that happened, were there any that happened BEFORE the patch or were they all post-patch FCs? The patch was said to make talkies easier to be hit, and I've been getting worried once in a while. Just like I can't get DLC, I can't get patches. Does it make a fair ammount of difference for tougher talkies too?

Now I'll go to bed for real.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 28 of 39

Jump to: