FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I need SH's help for a series of articles! (Best DLC)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BShea  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: I need SH's help for a series of articles! (Best DLC) Reply with quote

Hey guys,

You may have seen a lot of my articles around here, but for the first time, I'm looking for the help of the ScoreHero community. I've contacted the mods and JCirri and gotten permission to involve the community in this way.

Basically, I'll be putting together a few articles where I really want the people who know what they're talking about (aka SH) to help me compile some lists.

The first article I'm doing is centered on covering the best DLC that Rock Band has to offer. This will be a part of Examiner.com's "Best" series.

All you have to do is go to the link at the bottom of the post and write-in your favorite DLC at each instrument. Once I've collected enough legitimate data, I'll be publishing a series of articles counting down the best DLC available for Rock Band to date.

TL;DR - Click the link below, vote for your favorite DLC, wait for the result articles.

Please note, the only one that you are required to vote for is "Favorite Overall", but the more data I can get, the better. Thanks!

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m2d22-Vote-for-your-favorite-Rock-Band-DLC

Last edited by BShea on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BShea
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want a complete and sortable list of songs available (which I know I needed - picking favorites out of a thousand songs is pretty daunting), pksage has one here: http://www.pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
BShea  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
If people want a complete and sortable list of songs available (which I know I needed - picking favorites out of a thousand songs is pretty daunting), pksage has one here: http://www.pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php

Thanks man, I probably should've given that in the first place haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to help out with a submission, but I have a few questions:

Am I correct in assuming that DLC from The Beatles Rock Band is NOT included in this survey? Also, do the exports from RB1, Lego and AC/DC count as DLC? Lastly, do you want the band name listed as well, or just the song title?
BShea  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that DLC from The Beatles Rock Band is NOT included in this survey? Also, do the exports from RB1, Lego and AC/DC count as DLC? Lastly, do you want the band name listed as well, or just the song title?

The main songs I'm looking at are songs that any user can purchase in the system stores for the main RB Platform (no exports, no TBRB please)

For making this easier for me, please include it in "Artist - Song" format. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost want an instrumental category, but the only real reason would be so I could list YYZ as the best instrumental. Even without vocals it's very close to making my "best song" spot anyways. Decisions, decisions.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
Prong1978 wrote:

The main songs I'm looking at are songs that any user can purchase in the system stores for the main RB Platform (no exports, no TBRB please)

For making this easier for me, please include it in "Artist - Song" format. Thanks!

What about RB1 Euro exports? (Hysteria, Beetlebum, etc.)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
BShea wrote:
Prong1978 wrote:

What about RB1 Euro exports? (Hysteria, Beetlebum, etc.)

they were released, in america, as DLC. so those should be fine.
BShea  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Hysteria and other Euro exclusives are fine. If you can DL it on any console storefront, you can write it in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:

Thanks man, I probably should've given that in the first place haha

Gender recognition fail. :-P
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give you fair warning, SH's opinions are probably going to be more geared to difficult songs. Deschain mentioned YYZ which is a totally bitchin' song, but I don't know anyone in real life who can pass it consistently on any instrument (especially drums) aside from myself. Things that seem easy to SH may not be so great to others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickied and putting in my opinions now. Hope our opinions can help out a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomsars wrote:
I'm going to give you fair warning, SH's opinions are probably going to be more geared to difficult songs. Deschain mentioned YYZ which is a totally bitchin' song, but I don't know anyone in real life who can pass it consistently on any instrument (especially drums) aside from myself. Things that seem easy to SH may not be so great to others.

This is exactly why I voted. I'm in the camp that difficult does not always mean fun, so I voted for songs that, for lack of a better term, give the best "feel" when playing. I.E. if I have a huge grin on my face by the time I'm at the end. Hopefully this list gives some of the sleeper hits some exposure.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is a browser issue somehow (I use Chrome) but it won't let me click in the box for Favorite Overall DLC Song, ie the one that's required. I can type in the others, but not the required one
BShea  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a browser issue somehow (I use Chrome) but it won't let me click in the box for Favorite Overall DLC Song, ie the one that's required. I can type in the others, but not the required one

Did you try refreshing it? If not, try Firefox, Chrome can be a little wonky at times for some things like that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: