FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So about the HO/PO's...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: So about the HO/PO's... Reply with quote

Are they like GH1, 2, or 3?
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Zknet  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timing wise? Pretty close to GH2, if not just slightly tighter. (which may be completely wrong since I was also getting used to the strat when I played it.)
sinimax  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zknet wrote:
Timing wise? Pretty close to GH2, if not just slightly tighter. (which may be completely wrong since I was also getting used to the strat when I played it.)

From my experience with the game I would have to agree with you. Its pretty much exactly like playing GH2.

DLC WHORE!

The best band ever...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: SiNiMAX PSN Name: SiNiMAX
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pondering this myself the other day, and I do believe the timing window on the demo that I played seemed just a fraction tighter than on GH2. I noticed I wasn't hitting HO's like I normally do unless I was a bit more accurate with my fretting. The drums seem tight too, and that was on Hard without a bass pedal.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
mct  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're like GH2, but with a little tighter timing window. (that's good)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: little jerry12
sanchny  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was asking about the mechanics, not the timing.

A: Must hold lower frets down at the beginning of HOPO sequence, and must keep them held down throughout.
B: Lower frets don't have to be held down, just hit the buttons that come up, even if they're by themselves.
C: HOPOs are any runs faster than 8th notes, not counting when the same note repeats. Also, no strums in the middle of the HOPO sequences.
D: HOPOs aren't limited to < 8th note runs, and throws in strums in the middle of the HOPO sequences.

GH1 = A and C
GH2 & 80s = B and C
GH3 = B and D

GH2 system (B and C) is best. What's Rock Band's system?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm retarded, but it seemed like I was doing better when I was playing it like GH1 with the realistic HO/POs and tighter timing window.

t4kobuck3t  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hachiman128 wrote:
Maybe I'm retarded, but it seemed like I was doing better when I was playing it like GH1 with the realistic HO/POs and tighter timing window.

Not retarded, but I assure you that you do not have a very good memory.

:P

I'd tap that.
BShea  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchny wrote:

A: Must hold lower frets down at the beginning of HOPO sequence, and must keep them held down throughout.
B: Lower frets don't have to be held down, just hit the buttons that come up, even if they're by themselves.
C: HOPOs are any runs faster than 8th notes, not counting when the same note repeats. Also, no strums in the middle of the HOPO sequences.
D: HOPOs aren't limited to < 8th note runs, and throws in strums in the middle of the HOPO sequences.

GH1 = A and C
GH2 & 80s = B and C
GH3 = B and D

I would really like to know this to

(I'm hoping its like GH2's Mechanics)

On GH1, I couldn't stand having to hold your fingers in all the parts of the sequence and on GH3 I hate the sequences that have strum notes in the middle.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchny wrote:

GH1 = A and C
GH2 & 80s = B and C
GH3 = B and D

From playing the demo, I would say B and C, like GH2. There may be some strums in the middle of HOPO sequences, but it's so freekin' hard to tell without more time to get used to the new style of notes.
raptorz44  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchny wrote:

GH1 = A and C
GH2 & 80s = B and C
GH3 = B and D

Don't forget that for D you can also have HOPOs ofter sustains in certain songs, making there be times where you play only 5 or 6 notes, but only strum once for 1 minute *cough*koolthing*cough*
sinimax  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchny wrote:

GH1 = A and C
GH2 & 80s = B and C
GH3 = B and D

I've played about an hour of the demo and I would say its just like GH2 as far as that goes.

DLC WHORE!

The best band ever...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: SiNiMAX PSN Name: SiNiMAX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: