FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC Week 1/12: Alice in Chains part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of AiC, but Heaven Beside You is one of my least favorite songs by them. It's just so...boring. Grind and We Die Young are really good though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
OMG NO PANTERA IM GOING TO CRY A LOT

IVE ONLY HEARD CfH BC IT WAS ON GH1 AND IT WAZ GUD

BAWBAWBAWBAWBAW

Starting next week, I am going to report posts like these as inflammatory. I am so sick of these. These posts serve no point other than to start a pointless argument with nobody that actually cares that much. I realize that the mods might not care, as they have taken a pretty lax (albeit great) approach to these threads. I am just sick of posts like this one and chaosfreak07's post. Compared to Texas Flood and Moving Pictures, Pantera has gotten maybe 1/10th of the users excited. Not that many people care about that specific DLC.

I like it when people give their input on DLC choices, whether good or bad input. What I don't like is posts like this one where someone thinks they are being funny but in reality are just trying to piss others off. That is all your post serves for. There is nothing about the DLC choice there Southparkhero, only flaming words meant to piss off others. At least when people dislike DLC choices they explain themselves (for the most part).

I don't know if you were being sarcastic and I don't actually care if you were. Stop with the mocking of non-existent Pantera fans and give some thought to your posts.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's called for to be mocking other posters.

The dlc should be fair game, but once you start making fun of other posters I'd like the mods to step in.
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrewG wrote:
JESUS CHRIST GIVE SOME NEW FUCKING BANDS.

YEAH, LIKE THOSE FOO FIGHTERS. THEY NEED WAY MORE SONGS FROM THEM.

Sarcasm aside, I'll probably catch up on DLC this week.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
To be honest, every song in that pack except for Grind is better than Them Bones. They could've replaced Grind with Sickman or Angry Chair.

Will still be buying the whole pack though, since it's AiC and they're awesome. Best week since GD/30STM/AAR.

okay allow me to rephrase

for those of us who want them bones (which there are quite a few of us) we would like it asap. in all honesty when i see AiC in most wishlists, them bones is included in a LOT of them. i am seriously just amazed that one of their most popular songs has not been included in one of two AiC packs.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
To be honest, every song in that pack except for Grind is better than Them Bones. They could've replaced Grind with Sickman or Angry Chair.

Will still be buying the whole pack though, since it's AiC and they're awesome. Best week since GD/30STM/AAR.

It's all matter of opinion, I think Grind is the best of the bunch despite looking forward to the whole pack. I would've replaced one of the other 4 songs with Angry Chair, Dam That River, Sea of Sorrow, or Sickman.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
GH5 has nearly trumped the entire RB2 catalog with one song

wat

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in the group that thinks that Them Bones is being reserved for Rock Band 3. With 2 packs out and no sign of the most hotly requested song, I don't see any other reasoning that makes sense.

All of the Alice in Chains songs have really strong harmonies too, so if RB3 does end up with harmony singing, they'd be a strong candidate for the main setlist.

All the AiC stuff has been wonderfully puzzling on vocals, I'll definitely be getting these.
BigKing  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I wrong when I say "Them Bones" is one of their most popular songs only because it was in GHII? I think it's only around these parts that it would be preferable to most of what HMX has put out for them so far.

Would?, No Excuses, Man in the Box, Rooster and now Heaven Beside You are all ahead of Them Bones as far as radio play goes unless I don't remember the early 90s correctly. As it stands today, the aforementioned songs are the only ones that I hear somehwat consistently. Makes sense too since they are better songs.

The crime--if there is an AIC #3--would be to leave out Down in a Hole.
diablocon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigKing wrote:
Am I wrong when I say "Them Bones" is one of their most popular songs only because it was in GHII?

Well in all fairness, I heard it in GTA: San Andreas first.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grind's solo sounds like a god damn HOPO fest
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
OMG NO PANTERA IM GOING TO CRY A LOT

IVE ONLY HEARD CfH BC IT WAS ON GH1 AND IT WAZ GUD

BAWBAWBAWBAWBAW

Starting next week, I am going to report posts like these as inflammatory. I am so sick of these. These posts serve no point other than to start a pointless argument with nobody that actually cares that much. I realize that the mods might not care, as they have taken a pretty lax (albeit great) approach to these threads. I am just sick of posts like this one and chaosfreak07's post. Compared to Texas Flood and Moving Pictures, Pantera has gotten maybe 1/10th of the users excited. Not that many people care about that specific DLC.

I like it when people give their input on DLC choices, whether good or bad input. What I don't like is posts like this one where someone thinks they are being funny but in reality are just trying to piss others off. That is all your post serves for. There is nothing about the DLC choice there Southparkhero, only flaming words meant to piss off others. At least when people dislike DLC choices they explain themselves (for the most part).

I don't know if you were being sarcastic and I don't actually care if you were. Stop with the mocking of non-existent Pantera fans and give some thought to your posts.

people stopped when we started mocking them. I can't stand when people whine about DLC when you don't have to buy it

I won't do it anymore seeing how its stopped over the past 2 weeks, so sorry I guess.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People didn't stop because you mocked them, they just stopped. There's only so long you can be disappointed before you just don't care any more.
BigKing  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
BigKing wrote:
Am I wrong when I say "Them Bones" is one of their most popular songs only because it was in GHII?

Well in all fairness, I heard it in GTA: San Andreas first.

Even more support for what I am saying. Everyone wants this song more than better AIC because it's been in other videogames.

I'm not a gamer as I only play this and the NHL series. Before GHII it was only the hockey games. I need to remember this when I am astounded by some of the prevailing thoughts pertaining to DLC/Wishlist requests as many times it's due to nostalgia for GH I/II or "Shit was in Crazy Taxi OMG!!!!".

I mean, I was playing Them Bones in GHII wishing it was Would? or Heaven Beside You! Then again, I am a fan of the AIC.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats. That's not even the best AiC song with the consecutive letters d-i-e in its title. ("Died" is my favorite AiC song).

Oh well, still a good pack. Might pick it up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: