FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm now officially kind of sad theat rock band isn't for Wii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaperStreet  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: I'm now officially kind of sad theat rock band isn't for Wii Reply with quote

Does anyone actually know any concrete evidence on the existance of a Rock Band for the Wii/when it might be released? The reason I'm suddenly interested is becuase I looked on Wikipedia the other day and saw that they have Foreplay-Longtime, which is my all time favourite Boston song, and a kick-ass song to boot.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the only people spreading rumors about Rock Band on the Wii are Wii owners. I have yet to see concrete information or evidence of RB going to the Wii.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
DarkfalzGodkillr  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read on the RB forums that HMX says the Wii version is going to happen, just "later".
evanft  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see it not happening, in all honesty. Just be patient. They are making a PS2 version, after all, so I doubt it would be that hard to just port that over.

When the notes come by, play them on the guitar. Don''t fail by the end of the song.
Hibbleton  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777553p1.html

Quote:
April 2, 2007 - During a conference call to announce its latest music game Rock Band for release on Xbox 360 and PS3, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos hinted strongly that a Wii-specific version of the title would be coming out in the future. When asked if there was any chance Rock Band would arrive on Wii, Rigopulos said without hesitation, "Absolutely."

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," Rigopulos said. He added that Harmonix would optimize future versions of Rock Band to fit the strengths of the platform. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

nicko68  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope they end up using the Wiimote the same way Red Octane did (i.e. let the Wii guitar controller work with RB).

In the meantime I'll have to get RB for my PS2.
Spades13  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do pray that RB does come out for Wii soon after release. I was just watching videos....you can friggin give your character tattoos. That's so friggin awesome.
mct  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what is making Rock Band great IMO is DLC, so 360 and PS3 would be much much much more worth getting.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: little jerry12
Hibbleton  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time it's released for Wii (and I'm confident it will be) there should be a solution for DLC. My guess is that Harmonix is waiting for this solution before announcing the Wii version since DLC is so central to Rock Band.
nicko68  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that Rock Band is coming out for PS2, and there is NO chance of DLC for that platform.

I think they're having enough trouble handling XBox360, PS3 and PS2 with the shortage of instruments, maybe it was for that reason that the Wii is not in their immediate plans.
Stune  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatd be cool if Rock Band did come to Wii when they figure out the whole DLC hoopla. Plus, I hope harmonix does something simlar to the Activision guitar. That way they could be compatible with each other's games.
aceplace  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicko68 wrote:
Except that Rock Band is coming out for PS2, and there is NO chance of DLC for that platform.

I think they're having enough trouble handling XBox360, PS3 and PS2 with the shortage of instruments, maybe it was for that reason that the Wii is not in their immediate plans.
The reason it also being designed for PS2 is for the users who don't own a next gen console yet and are still willing to sacrifice some things.
nicko68  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceplace wrote:
nicko68 wrote:

The reason it also being designed for PS2 is for the users who don't own a next gen console yet and are still willing to sacrifice some things.

Exactly. They're not stupid enough to turn their backs on a multimillion user base. I think they were smart to pick PS2 over Wii (I have a Wii and would love RB for it, but I can see the business decision). I'm not so sure they were smart to pick PS3 over Wii though.
Spades13  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicko68 wrote:
aceplace wrote:
nicko68 wrote:

Exactly. They're not stupid enough to turn their backs on a multimillion user base. I think they were smart to pick PS2 over Wii (I have a Wii and would love RB for it, but I can see the business decision). I'm not so sure they were smart to pick PS3 over Wii though.

I raise my pint of meade to you, sir! Huzzah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: