FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order. Reply with quote

As much as I hate making a new thread, I couldn't find anything with the search tool .

So, I was entering scores for X Guitar, Rock Band 1 on PS2, and the song list for each tier is incorrect. The songs are all in correct order (looking at it from Quickplay, and seeing as both of the lists are by "difficulty"), but the tiers are incorrect. For example, "Green Grass and High Tides", in the game, is the only song in the "Impossible Songs" tier, but on the scoretracking list, "Highway Star" through "Run to the Hills" are in the "Impossible Songs" tier.

Sorry if this has been answered before, or if it has been mentioned that it'll be fixed in the rewrite, but it was a little confusing going straight from looking at the songs on RB1, and looking at SH's scoretracking list. It's kind of a minor thing, and I don't know how the programming works (what with all those instruments, and even differentiating between RB and RB imported to RB2), so if it's too difficult to implement any time soon, that's fine. If it can be done soon, I can provide the correct tier listing, if you want.

By the way, I was wondering, that since you can change the order of songs in RB, will that be implemented in the rewrite in the same manner (i.e., "sort by genre" and "sort alphabetically")?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Metallik  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order. Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
For example, "Green Grass and High Tides", in the game, is the only song in the "Impossible Songs" tier, but on the scoretracking list, "Highway Star" through "Run to the Hills" are in the "Impossible Songs" tier.

I'm not sure about what you meant, but...no, GGAHT isn't the only song in the "Impossible" tier on RB1.

Avant-garde banner designer =D
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order. Reply with quote

Metallik wrote:
Qarx wrote:
For example, "Green Grass and High Tides", in the game, is the only song in the "Impossible Songs" tier, but on the scoretracking list, "Highway Star" through "Run to the Hills" are in the "Impossible Songs" tier.

I'm not sure about what you meant, but...no, GGAHT isn't the only song in the "Impossible" tier on RB1.

No, it is. Or at least it is on PS2. I can get you a screenshot later if you want....

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order. Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Metallik wrote:
Qarx wrote:

No, it is. Or at least it is on PS2. I can get you a screenshot later if you want....

You didn't make a custom disk that put RB1 songs on an RB2 disc, did you? GGaHT is the only RB1 song in the "Impossible" tier of RB2 I think.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock Band 1 incorrect tier-song order. Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Qarx wrote:
Metallik wrote:
Qarx wrote:

You didn't make a custom disk that put RB1 songs on an RB2 disc, did you? GGaHT is the only RB1 song in the "Impossible" tier of RB2 I think.

No, I didn't. It's just an ordinary copy of Rock Band for the PlayStation 2. I'll take a couple snapshots of the disc of you really want >_>. As well as those snapshots I promised.

My Backloggery
gdl176  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify this. On the PlayStation 2, only one song per instrument is deemed in the Impossible Tier for RB1. For drums, it's Won't Get Fooled Again. Guitar/Bass (since there's no separate tiering) is GGaHT, and vocals is FP/Longtime.

This can be found in that version's quickplay menu, not just in Solo Tour.

ricecake  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of the RB1 PS2 Manage Scores page, there is a note in red that reads:
Manage Scores Page wrote:
Note: Please double-check the song name before submission. The songs listed below might temporarily be out of order. Read here for more information.

In the linked thread, JCirri realizes the issue, but said that it completely messes up his database structure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
At the top of the RB1 PS2 Manage Scores page, there is a note in red that reads:
Manage Scores Page wrote:
Note: Please double-check the song name before submission. The songs listed below might temporarily be out of order. Read here for more information.

In the linked thread, JCirri realizes the issue, but said that it completely messes up his database structure.

Ah, I see. Thanks. When I saw that while entering my scores, I thought it meant that the songs weren't working properly on occasion, such as the song changing instruments when you enter your score or something .

Still, I wanted to know if this will be fixed in the rewrite, and if we can sort the songs by different orders (like in the game: by the Tour mode order, or by the different Quickplay orders). The only confirmed things I can remember are extended ratings and cross-console comparisons (which I look forward to greatly; there hardly seems to be much competition on PS2 ).

Damn, I had to write that all out 5 times, four of which were on my Internet Channel, which refused to enter my posts for some reason >_>

My Backloggery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: