FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about legality of various combinations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Question about legality of various combinations Reply with quote

So I'm not too sure which of the following counts as legal or illegal on SH (or in general), and I'm curious. Which of the following is ok for submitting scores, and which is not?

-Solo vocals is being played by one person while another holds the microphone.
-Solo drums are being played with one person hitting the kick pedal and another hitting the pads.
-Vocals and guitar are being played by two people. One person is doing both, and the other is using the controller to hit all the taps.
-Vocals and drums are being played by two people. The vocalist is hitting all the kick pedal notes, and the other player is only hitting the pads.
-Guitar and bass are being played by two people. Each is using the strumbar on one guitar and the fret buttons on the other.
-Vocals, guitar, and drums are being played by two people. One person is hitting the drum pads and singing, and the other is hitting the kick pedal and playing guitar.
-Vocals, guitar, and drums are being played by two people. One player plays guitar and the other plays drums, but the two players switch off when singing so that one player sings some parts and the other player sings other parts.

I could probably think of more, but yeah, I'm just curious. I'm pretty having someone hold the microphone is not cheating and that playing solo drums with two people is, but after that I don't really have much of an intuition--is it just determined by 1 person per instrument? Is anything that splits the inputs for a single instrument between multiple people automatically cheating? Is vocals treated differently from other instruments?

Just wondering, since my friends and I have pretty much done all of the above at some point while messing around x)

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost positive that the only one that would be legal for submitting scores would be the first one. I always thought that if more than one person put in any input into the same controller, than it's illegal for score submissions.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although still technically illegal, the one with one player voxtaring and another hitting taps probably wouldn't be bitched about unless you were purporting (sp?) falsely to be a superior voxtar player.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Question about legality of various combinations Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
-Guitar and bass are being played by two people. Each is using the strumbar on one guitar and the fret buttons on the other

That's illegal for scores, but it seems like it would be orders of magnitude more difficult than if each person was just playing one controller, since it would require each person to be looking at both charts.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Question about legality of various combinations Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Shashakiro wrote:
-Guitar and bass are being played by two people. Each is using the strumbar on one guitar and the fret buttons on the other

That's illegal for scores, but it seems like it would be orders of magnitude more difficult than if each person was just playing one controller, since it would require each person to be looking at both charts.
Yeah now that you mention it that would make for a killer rivalry
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about legality of various combinations Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Shashakiro wrote:

Yeah, I've tried it and it's insanely hard.

OK, good to know about the 1 person/instrument rule =)

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this is illegal as well, but what about:
-Guitar/drums. I play the intro on drums while the other person plays guitar, then after the song has started, we switch instruments.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those, I would say only the first one seems acceptible, and only the first two seem plausible for someone to attempt >____>

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about legality of various combinations Reply with quote

Shashakiro wrote:
-Solo vocals is being played by one person while another holds the microphone.

Illegal. Even though the person holding the microphone isn't in any way modifying the score you are getting, it's technically no different than sharing instrument parts in any other way.

-Solo drums are being played with one person hitting the kick pedal and another hitting the pads.

Illegal. Although this does make for fun co-op drumming, you can't very well say that any one person is actually getting the score.

-Vocals and guitar are being played by two people. One person is doing both, and the other is using the controller to hit all the taps.

Legal to an extent. If you were to call this a one man voxtar band, this wouldn't fly. However, it's two people playing two instruments, more or less. One person is singing and guitaring, and the other person is taking the roll of tambourine player.

-Vocals and drums are being played by two people. The vocalist is hitting all the kick pedal notes, and the other player is only hitting the pads.

Illegal. Again, neither player is actually getting their own respective score on their instrument, so this doesn't work.

-Guitar and bass are being played by two people. Each is using the strumbar on one guitar and the fret buttons on the other.

Impressive, but illegal. See above. I would love to see this though.

-Vocals, guitar, and drums are being played by two people. One person is hitting the drum pads and singing, and the other is hitting the kick pedal and playing guitar.

Illegal. Again, nobody's getting their own score, yadda yadda.

-Vocals, guitar, and drums are being played by two people. One player plays guitar and the other plays drums, but the two players switch off when singing so that one player sings some parts and the other player sings other parts.

Illegal. I was a bit hesitant to write this one off as illegal right away, but the vocals can't really fairly be shared since it modifies the difficulty of the instrument, technically speaking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not worth asking if our four person visions drums run was legal :P
(pedal, red, yellow+blue, green)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: