FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips for Improving Career Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hydrapower wrote:
One thing I've always done on Scorehero to increase my score the fastest is to take advantage of the Compare Users feature and compare myself to the person next highest ranked overall. Now unfortunately, they haven't yet implemented this on the RB side, so you have to do it manually. But basically figure out on what songs you are most behind them on, then do those songs in order of descending spread. Then after you move up a rank, compare yourself to the next highest person, and repeat.

For example, I'm 137th on Guitar here, so I compare my scores to the 136th person. I am most behind on Outside (-39,000), I Get By (-27,000), Vasoline (-26,000), and so on. It's more effective to advance in score this way than to just do the songs you're lowest ranked on. The reason being on some of the early songs everybody might be really close together and the 400th ranked person might only be a couple thousand points behind the top people.

Good luck!

nice idea!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayN85 wrote:
All of them except for Blood Doll.

cool I just got it. thanks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
wintertwilight  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do is chart all your scores and then go to your scores and see which songs you are the worst at. Then go to the Overdrive Vocals forum, see if someone posted up an Overdrive Path, and use that to boost your worst scores. If you work on your worst scores then you'll probably gain considerably more than marginally boosting your already high scores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: winter twilight
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Fcphantom and his suggestions fr paths. :p

Get gold stars. Not hard, it's all just practice and hard work.
Pick someone to compete with. I have a friend whom I am trying to get a better score than on every song, and I'm a little over 9,000,000 now. In reality, what you should do is try to FC the highest scoring songs. Welcome Home, Highway Star, etc. But like others have said, don't kill yourself singing a long song to only get 99%. This nearly killed me on Welcome Home, but I finally did it. And that was without trying to sueeze ANYTHING at all. I was too worried about getting the 100% to do that.

Vocals comes the easiest with the most practice and exposure to each song.
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a few others have recently said it, but now that the top five Vocals guys are giving up their paths on everything, it's time to practice using them and see how much they improve your current scores. Enjoy them as they keep coming!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayN85 wrote:
Yeah, a few others have recently said it, but now that the top five Vocals guys are giving up their paths on everything, it's time to practice using them and see how much they improve your current scores. Enjoy them as they keep coming!

Thanks so much for that, btw. I don't really play for scores all that often (I'd so much rather play band quickplay), and pathing is so tedious to me... I really appreciate that other people are doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your score is only based on the 45 core songs and the 13 "bonus" songs. "

Whaaaa, but bonus songs also? For real!? LOL, I'm ranked 36th and I haven't touched the bonus songs yet. Gosh dang, I was wondering how much better I'd have to do on the 45 cores to break 10 mil! Thanks so much!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: