FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band: Green Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be quite happy for a Green Day track pack, or even just some DLC. I've not heard anything from 21st Century Breakdown so I don't have any idea if any charts from that album would be fun to play, but anything American Idiot and earlier would be good on drums, and voxtar would be good, despite me being terrible at vox.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Well they did give ACDC their own game, the most boring band ever

"boring"-ness aside, Green Day is no where near as prolific as AC/DC, who themselves are no where near as prolific or as influential as the Beatles. He was likely just talking about the DLC pack.

Well, Im sure everyone loved the 300 of the same note strumming montage called Thunderstruck expert bass the first time around.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cipher53  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
BizCasFri wrote:
GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Well they did give ACDC their own game, the most boring band ever

"boring"-ness aside, Green Day is no where near as prolific as AC/DC, who themselves are no where near as prolific or as influential as the Beatles. He was likely just talking about the DLC pack.

Well, Im sure everyone loved the 300 of the same note strumming montage called Thunderstruck expert bass the first time around.

Nobody said that playing bass was for everybody..

Regardless, if they do get anything past a DLC release online, I might listen to the songs that they included on the disc and see if there's anything I like, but all aside I'm not entirely excited.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzonedout wrote:
So, we have a flame-worthy thread based on an article (chock full of mis-information) that we saw a week ago, and already had made a thread about earlier?

w00t

Get over it. Some people haven't seen this; in fact, I myself wasn't aware of the previous thread.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus guys, calm down. People actually like Green Day, which may actually be news to some of you. People find enjoyment in it. You don't have to fucking flame them because they like them. IT'S CALLED LOLPINIONS. People like songs other than the songs that y'all like and think are godly. Hell, I bet that most people here have very different music tastes from most people. Just get over it. I personally don't like Green Day that much, and I wouldn't buy a track pack or a full band game, but I don't have to insult other people and their music tastes. CALM THE FUCK DOWN. I bet y'all wouldn't like it if people treated you like shit because they didn't like your music tastes, so do the same for them.

And plus, everyone who said that this would sell like hotcakes in the 11-19 kids demographic, it sure as hell would. I know TONS of kids who like Green Day and they would be ecstatic if this was released.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some advice:
DON'T LIKE THE BAND? THEN DON'T BUY THE CONTENT.

My 2 cents over this whole freaking flame war. <_< (I, personally, would not buy a game/track pack, simply because I don't/haven't ever listen to Green Day)
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool, Green Day. This will be a nice buy if it comes out as full-fledged DLC, and as a track pack, and certainly a rent if it is an expansion pack.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
J.T.  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love chords! Maybe these will be the highest scores EVER!

http://dlchero.erraticinc.com/xbox/talbainj

Top 50s (X Guitar)
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You (11)
I'm Shipping Up To Boston (15)
Thrash Unreal (20)
Hey (38)
Do You Want To (42)
Entangled (44)
Complete Control (48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKkVYJqRdY The beauty of song
elmarko  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green day is not a good band for rock band. Just really wouldn't translate into fun charts at all. Kind of like all the Foo Fighters songs.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
Okay then, you are that one person who likes Welcome to the Neighboorhood, because I don't think I've seen anyone on this board who enjoys this song. And everyone does enjoy the other HMX bands who appeared in the setlist to some extent.

I'll grant you that Welcome to the Neighborhood is the weakest of the punk songs on the RB2 disc, but its not by any means the weakest of the 'bonus' songs from each game - shoulder to plow, visions, jagged winter, that south park song, time we had, and 29 fingers are all obviously worse, and hter are plenty others that are about the same level of quality. And if you open it up to ocnsider those 20 free songs that are included with purchase of RB2, its better or as good as at least half of those, there are some truly execrable inclusions on that list (magnetic baby, crazy tuesday, prequel to sequel) and a whole lot of blahtastic selections. Of course it all comes down to lolpinions, but punk tracks were always some of my favourite tracks to play because i universally tended to enjoy the song and there is something fun about just grooving to a good rhythm with a good song playing and not having to worry about tons of solos etc like in the 'virtuoso guitar' type songs (and now that i am into drums i like them even better).

w.r.t the nominal topic of this thread, Prong nails it when he points out: "Green Day fits the magical combination to be in a Rock Band/Guitar Hero game. They want to be in the game and they sell millions of albums.". Especially for DLC or optional side games, a band doesnt have to meet some sort of objective judgement of transcendental musical perfection to be included, the whole system is by design diverse and inclusive and its basically all just about are there enough people who might want to buy this (reason why lots of post punk and goth stuff id like to see prob doesnt make it into game), and would hte artist agree to let the song be used (reason why zep and prince arent in game, reportedly). And of course is there already tons of stuff in the game form these guys (reasons why sadly there prob wont be any more NIN, police, or clash tracks into the game anytime soon).
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:

I'll grant you that Welcome to the Neighborhood is the weakest of the punk songs on the RB2 disc, but its not by any means the weakest of the 'bonus' songs from each game - shoulder to plow, visions, jagged winter

Those are three of the best bonus songs... particularly Shoulder to the Plow.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
Barfo wrote:

I'll grant you that Welcome to the Neighborhood is the weakest of the punk songs on the RB2 disc, but its not by any means the weakest of the 'bonus' songs from each game - shoulder to plow, visions, jagged winter

Barfo also wrote:
Of course it all comes down to lolpinions

QFT, so much. Everyone has a different opinion from the next person. I, personally, like a lot of music genres, but I cannot stand Rap or Country. Does that make me awesome? No. Does that make me a "douchefag with no taste"? No. No one can have the exact same musical taste as anyone else, especially when you throw in the internet, which just opens the floodgates for "MY OPINION IS RIGHT, YOURS IS WRONG". If you go onto the internet expecting to convert everyone to your opinion, you should just turn off your computer, walk away, and find something else to do. You won't make everyone "see the light" or "see the error of their opinions", hell, you probably won't convert more than 1 person (if that). The sooner you learn that you can't force your opinion on everyone, the sooner you can get on with your (forum) lives and be a (minimally) decent person on the internet.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
EnragedLobster  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elmarko wrote:
Green day is not a good band for rock band. Just really wouldn't translate into fun charts at all. Kind of like all the Foo Fighters songs.

You don't play drums, do you? The Colour and the Shape was fantastic on drums, as I expect Green Day to be.
3. Kaki King - Junior
4. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
5. Protest the Hero - Kezia

Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
-Magnum- wrote:
Barfo wrote:

Barfo also wrote:
Of course it all comes down to lolpinions

QED.
franciss  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe there's so much bashing towards GD in this thread. It's easy, you don't like the band, then don't buy the fucking game, nobody is making you buy it.

If HMX feel like making a whole Green Day game (even if that's not the case) they can do it and it wouldn't affect you at all.

Oh and I play songs I like so I don't care if the chart is good or not (I've bought Foo Fighters, The Offspring, Oasis, etc).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: