FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why is Tug of War so hard for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knipfy  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Why is Tug of War so hard for me? Reply with quote

I tried out Tug of War yesterday and I don't get it at all. I know about the meter on the top of the screen but the other player is always getting more than me even though I hit all of my notes.

I hit one note and I get a tiny amount added to my progress bar, the other player hits one and gets like half of his bar filled. Overdrive doesn't even help me because soon as the meter leaves my side, I can't even get it back. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in Tug of War? Also I have beaten the Guitar Career mode on Expert and I play on Hard or Expert for multiplayer. Thanks!
Misirlou 208K
Get 1 mil [X]
Rock Band (360) 760/1,000G
Beat all careers on Expert [X]
Lefty drummer on the rise!
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, imo tug of war is pretty dumb. It's always possible for them to come back even if you do really well and they suck. thats just the way it works. Also if you're playing on a higher diff. than them, they win faster.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Same Here Reply with quote

It seems like I can never win in Tug of War. I already have my streak achievement in Score Duel but I can't get more than one at a time in ToW. Its like all the good players play on ToW. Not fair!

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Here Reply with quote

Yen24 wrote:
It seems like I can never win in Tug of War. I already have my streak achievement in Score Duel but I can't get more than one at a time in ToW. Its like all the good players play on ToW. Not fair!

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
.GH  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tug of War's stupid.

HMX said that since they can't split the song equally, they weight each part. Basically, if you both FC the song minus any Overdrive activation, it's a tie.

Ergo, if you have a crazy ho-po part, and immediately after that he has like a sustain part, they are worth the same to counter his having less point value.

BUT, since his part is much easier to hit, he gets the advantage.
nekobouya  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus you can't forget that Strats have a extreme advantage in Big Rock Endings... Once I had a full bar for me and I think I got around 3K and he got around 4.5K and HALF OF MY FREAKEN BAR DISAPPEARED!! only a 1.5K difference too, man WTF is with that... And oh my bad for the language, I get passionate sometimes in my mini rants

http://higgins-spur.myminicity.com/ [Come on click on it and donate a citizen]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kuroneko Karbo PSN Name: nekobouya
Chiron423  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Same Here Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
Yen24 wrote:

I lolled.

On topic, Tug of War is stupid. There is no reason for it to be there. IMO, it's worse than a regular GH face-off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: