FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
help with not double hitting the drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpokee89  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: help with not double hitting the drums Reply with quote

So right now im on medium drums getting like 98% but i either barely get 5 star or 4 star the songs because i often hit the drum more then once or something and my streak restarts anyone have any tips on how to not do this?
v0lum3  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: help with not double hitting the drums Reply with quote

tpokee89 wrote:
So right now im on medium drums getting like 98% but i either barely get 5 star or 4 star the songs because i often hit the drum more then once or something and my streak restarts anyone have any tips on how to not do this?

... practice

Are you sure you're physically hitting the drums twice or are they double registering?

Are you just hitting the actual beat (what you'd be playing on expert) or are you just unable to control your hands?

Are you driving the sticks into the pads? If they're bouncing properly there should be no way they'd hit the pads again without you forcing them to... loosen your fingers and let the sticks bounce.

Are you epileptic?
tpokee89  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i should have explained it better i am on the beat and am sure im hitting it the drums are just double registering. i will look into what i am doing wrong with the drumsticks. but i was wondering does the hieght of the drumset matter at all and if it does should my body be higer or lower then the drum set
v0lum3  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpokee89 wrote:
sorry i should have explained it better i am on the beat and am sure im hitting it the drums are just double registering. i will look into what i am doing wrong with the drumsticks. but i was wondering does the hieght of the drumset matter at all and if it does should my body be higer or lower then the drum set

Take it into practice, play Won't Get Fooled Again, select the organ intro, and turn it down to %50.

Now, if you're hitting the pad and it's either double registering and/or missing beats then it's a hardware problem and not a technique problem...

If it is a hardware problem, call EA (650-628-1001) and request a replacement set

If it's NOT a hardware problem, then just keep practicing
bdonalds  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that problem starting out as well, and I thought my drums were defective. Try two things....first, make sure your lag is calibrated properly. That can cause some frustration on quicker parts.

Technique is important two. Keep your wrists relaxed and flick your wrists to hit the pads, and let the stick rebound naturally.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be bad technique, but you could also just have bad pads. i just got a new set and got like maybe 6-7 FC's going back through the setlist when with my old set i couldn't even FC i think i'm paranoid because i couldn't get through without at least one double hit. with my new pads i went from like 8.6mil to 9.4 mil in like 3 days (although i got better too obviously, but it REALLY boosted my scores on the easy songs because i could get through without them double hitting all the time). it took me like 3-4 pad RMA's to finally get this near-perfect set though.
laconic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to double hit all the time. After sitting down in practice mode for a while I figured out I just wasn't hitting the pads hard enough. The sticks were just barely tapping after the rebound. Now I play harder with my QM's and I haven't had it happen once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: