FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Creep Gold Star?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zepp3lin526  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Creep Gold Star? Reply with quote

Alright, I'm an experienced GH player, and I was hoping to gold star as many of the songs along my way in career as possible. After my first few easy songs and some sightread FCs, I realized how easy it was to gold star songs. I'm working my way through the sets, golding everything I pass, until I come to Creep. I don't know how many times I've tried, at least 10, to gold star this. I can FC the whole song EXCEPT for the fast strumming chorus section and Bridge, yet I'm STILL around 5k or so from golding it. I don't know why this is so difficult to do! After looking at the note chart, it appears as if the BPM randomly changes every measure or 2 within those sections. This could possibly be the reason, but in an attempt to deal with this, I always down try getting into a rhythm in which I make sure I am downstrumming right when the measure line hits. No matter what I do, i still can gold this song. I've even skipped ahead to set 5 and golded all of those without issue. I haven't had time to finish the game yet, but I need to know if its not just me having this problem!
Moonvale  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. I've gold-starred most of the songs in guitar career on expert, with the exception of the last four songs on the main setlist and the ones in the 7th set for some reason, and then also Creep. That fast part I just can't keep the speed and rhythm of it going for more than small portions of it at a time. It's quite infuriating.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 songs gold starred and counting Mr. Green

I have to re-do Creep. The same thing happened to me, and I didn't feel like trying it over and over again, so I figured I would leave it behind for now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gold starred Creep on the PS3 Strat -- I imagine it would be easier to do on the XBox LP. You can mess up the fast strumming sections a few times (I always mess up when the held notes appear in the fast strumming), but you have to be able to maintain a x4 multiplier for the majority of the time you're in there.

Key is to hit all of the overdrive -- even the two phrases in the second section of fast strumming notes.

My path (from memory) is to activate overdrive somewhat early in the first chorus, which should take me all the way through the first fast strumming. Depending on how early I activate in the chorus, I may whammy the overdrive phrase that follows the fast strumming, but the goal is to be out of overdrive before the first phrase in the second verse.

(Otherwise, you only enter the second section of fast strumming notes with half a bar + whammy of overdrive; my path wastes some whammy potential, but you enter the second section of fast notes with a full bar).

When the second section of fast strums comes up, activate and concentrate on strumming. Except for the held notes, the strumming does not seem to change at all. Like I said, you can break your streak several times, but you should be at x4 more often than not.

If you enter the third verse with enough OD to activate, hold off until you see the last phrase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: