FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lefty mode when you're a righty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndfatalfire  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Lefty mode when you're a righty Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this but I went back and i am working my way up through the difficulties using lefty mode. I did this to build up my left hand strength and make it more independent of my right.

Anyone else do this? I think it would be cool if someone could play expert both right handed and left handed.

I finished medium and am starting hard right now and I use my left foot for the bass pedal. Its pretty challenging and fun, as well as probably improving normal playing. Just wanted to see if other people have tried the same thing.
someguy913  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started playing RB drums, I had it on lefty because, though I'm not left-handed, I play open, with my left hand on the hi-hat and my right hand on the snare. But then I decided this was a good opportunity to expand and improve my coordination and independence, so I've been playing righty ever since. Already it's easier for me to play right-hand ride patterns at gigs than it has been before.

So to answer your question...sort of?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
JerBearHtL42  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I finish everything playing righty, gold starring what is possible to gold star, that is what I plan on next. I already have a little independence that way because i taught myself to bass drum with my left foot so I could play along with songs on the radio while I'm driving without being on and off the gas.

We'll see how that works out for me eventually, still got a ways to go with the 5-stars and such, I haven't had my computer with me while I'm playing to update my profile so I don't know how close I am.
[ ] 5-Star Solo Tour (54/58)
[ ] 20 Gold Stars (17/20)

Rock Band - Expert Drums PS3
[X] Re-Beat Solo Tour (58/58)
[ ] 5-Star Solo Tour (53/58) (Timmy, Detroit Rock City, Next to You, RttH, WGFA)
[ ] 20 Gold Stars (4/20)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: JerBearHtL42
v0lum3  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerBearHtL42 wrote:
i taught myself to bass drum with my left foot so I could play along with songs on the radio while I'm driving without being on and off the gas.

CRUISE CONTROL!!!

Oh, and I haven't started yet, but since I finished Expert I've been practicing hard sections both ways... I used it to figure out Foreplay and have been switching stuff ever since... for some reason it helps me think about something better to go through it a few different times different ways
HebbNH  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerBearHtL42 wrote:
I already have a little independence that way because i taught myself to bass drum with my left foot so I could play along with songs on the radio while I'm driving without being on and off the gas.

Haha I did the exact same thing. My left foot is almost as coordinated as my right foot now.

Goals:
[X] Get the GH2 Log: Misirlou finally 5*'d 7/11/08
[X] Get the GH3 "Log": Raining Blood 5*'d 11/14/07
[ ] Pass TtFaF: Damn Red Snake...
[ ] Finish Rock Band Expert Drums: Lazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: