FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Breaking News: Rock Band world Tour Mode is Awesome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sushi111  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you can play this by yourself, but its still an awesome feature.

I highly doubt they would dumb down the single player.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
I hope you can play this by yourself, but its still an awesome feature.

I highly doubt they would dumb down the single player.

This is a quote from Dan Teasdale (Aka Spraynwipe) from the Something Awful Forums:

Q: Does single player career work the same way?

A: Nope, Solo Tour is more focused on song unlocking rather than band exploration.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
This is a quote from Dan Teasdale (Aka Spraynwipe) from the Something Awful Forums:

Q: Does single player career work the same way?

A: Nope, Solo Tour is more focused on song unlocking rather than band exploration.

Thats good thought hat leaves the door open pretty wide, because hes talkign about 'solo careeer' there. I mean fromt he achievement list its obvious that the solo career is a sort of GH-career type, 'unlock all the songs' mode and it exists in addition to 'Word Band Tour Mode'. So theres nothign in that quote which says that 'World Band Tour Mode' you cant make a band and play gigs with only one member as an alternate way to play solo, which is really the question here. So since that would be a huge mistake to force world band tour mode to have 2 or more people, then hopefulyl we can give HMX credit and figure that they didnt make that huge mistake. You reassured me a lot.

If you also have the option for a wuick GH-style unlock all the songs career single player in addition to playign world band tour solo, then thats the best of both worlds because it satifies the people like me who would pass on RB because it not a good enough value as just yet another GH game but with a big desgin focus on multi that id barely get to experience, and it satifies those people who dont care about the idea of an RPG career and would rather just play a GH emulator.

And on a separete note i disagree with the logic espoused by xeroxgp that online play excuses the devs from trying to put features into the single player because the only requirement is to have a next gen system and a broadband connection, because the huge factor for me is one of actually being able to predict my limited free time well enough to be able to schedule people to be able ot play persistent cooperative games (online or in person though obviously online its marginalyl easier which means i could probably have semi-weekly play sessions rather than semi-monthly in the case of F2F play sessions). I mean and that seem liek what it is, its a multiplayer online RPG shell for the career if you make a multi person band (perhaps minus but perhaps including the first M from MMO), while that soudns super awesome, the weak link there is no anythign technology based, the human factor is the weak link, and actually gathering together friends (esp myself) to play the game.
evanft  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there's the PS2 version, which puts you at a further disadvantage.

When the notes come by, play them on the guitar. Don''t fail by the end of the song.
JohnnyNapalm  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be able to play downloaded song, one's you have bought and one's you havn't, online? It'd be a great way for people (bands) to see what the chart looks like if they plan on buying it. Also, can you join several bands? I'd like to play drums in one band and guitar in the other and seeing as how most people will want to play guitar, I wouldn't want to always be stuck with drums or bass.
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that quote is rather vague. It only implies that the Solo mode is not like this, not that you cannot play Solo within the Band Tour Mode.
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kind of defeats the purpose of "Band World Tour Mode" if you play it by yourself. The point it is to have a band experience, and that can't be achieved unless you're playing alongside another person. So HMX is retarded for promoting cooperation and encouraging you to have yourself a band experience? Boo hoo. If you hate it so much then just play Guitar Hero III, or better yet make some friends so you can play the mode the way it is supposed to be played. Stop complaining, we're lucky we have this mode at all. If Harmonix wanted to they could of been generic and excluded this idea and forced us Bands to play through linear set lists like Guitar Hero, and have no RPG like experience.
Zknet  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From DanT/spraynwipe:

Quote:
For Band World Tour, you need the leader and another member to play in the band. The other band members can either be present, empty, or 'substituted' if you want to bring players in temporarily.

Also, this is different from Solo Tour - Solo is a little more traditional, like you can tell from the screenshots on the main site.

I'll talk about this more in my blog on Friday.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkviperd00d wrote:
It kind of defeats the purpose of "Band World Tour Mode" if you play it by yourself. The point it is to have a band experience, and that can't be achieved unless you're playing alongside another person. So HMX is retarded for promoting cooperation and encouraging you to have yourself a band experience? Boo hoo. If you hate it so much then just play Guitar Hero III, or better yet make some friends so you can play the mode the way it is supposed to be played. Stop complaining, we're lucky we have this mode at all. If Harmonix wanted to they could of been generic and excluded this idea and forced us Bands to play through linear set lists like Guitar Hero, and have no RPG like experience.

uh nothign about saying, 'its a mistake to make this mode not also work solo' is messing anythign up for those people who have easy access to enough time and the proper online system to play lots and lots of persistent bands online, no am i excessively or unfairly complaining. But i mean usualyl its not a smart move for companies to overdesign their game down to teh point of telling their consumer they 'have' to play it a certain way. All that does is lower the potential audience and in some cases its unavoidable (like an MMO where the persistent aspect of it is intrinsic to the design), but forcing choices like that on the consumer should not be undertaken lightly and obviously from a design perspective it would always be better to handle it on your side and allow the game to appeal to as big an audience as possible especially if it does not affect anybody else. I see no credible explanations for why that feature could not work pretty similar with only one person in the band compared to two, i mean RPGs were single player for almost two decades before the first MMOs came out, and there is nothign in the basic gameplay of a rhythm game that i can think of where its any different if your bands gigs have only one notechart going, as compared to 2-4.

Also i'm offended by the rather baseless and silly ad hominen aspect to your discourse, i mean i dont care if you spend 24/7 playign your online band and pee into a cup and shower with a sponge cause you dont want to pull yourself away form your "band experience", why shoudl you care if i want to have support to be able to play that totally awesome sounding RPG mode alone on my own side-band on those frequent times when i cant find my multi bandmates online but i do have some time to play the game? Ive played enough online RPGs (both MMO and otherwise) to realize that whatever the ideal case is, the reality is often i cant find friends to party with online at some random time.
bune  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally unrelated but the first time I noticed one of your posts, Barfo, your post count was 1337 and I thought you had it set that way on purpose.

related stuff: yeah, I can understand why the single player stuff is lacking. I mean, the game comes with enough instruments for a band after all. Not saying it's right to shortchange the single players but it's really not unexpected.
Morik  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is soooo fricken awesome!!!

I hate that it can't be done solo (the world tour, I mean) though. It's not lack of friends that's holding me up, it's lack friends with TALENT! lol (my friends say the same thing about me. hehe)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: