FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Big Rock Ending

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndfatalfire  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Big Rock Ending Reply with quote

This has probably been answered before but what is the trick to getting a high score on the big rock endings?

I take the drumsticks in my fists and i use them for yellow and blue while my actual fists hit the red and green ones and my foot presses the pedal of course. This hits all the notes really fast and I thought it got big scores, but playing score duel showed me that people hitting one pad at a time and using the kick pedal get just as much if not more points than I do.

Is there a trick to getting high scores on the big rock endings?
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a friend handy, you could have them press the A, B, X, and Y buttons in the middle of the drum set and it will register as hits as well, with you going nuts on maybe the red pad and bass drum as fast as possible.

Other than that, I can't think of any tricks for the drums on Big Rock Endings.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I made a post about this, but it was in the Guitar/Bass forums along with the calculations for Guitar Solo Bonuses and Guitar/Bass Big Rock Endings.

While I'm not sure exactly what is the "best" way to score, I would say that as long as you hit at least a drum every 1.5 seconds (making a guess on the time, but my point is that you don't have to be fast), any method will probably make a nearly equal score.

The first time you hit a drum, any drum, it is worth 750 points. From there, any time between hits "recharges" the point value for the next hit, until it reaches 750 again. I calculated a recharge time of 1.5 seconds for Guitar/Bass frets, so that's my theory on drum recharge time, but I can't really be sure. Because of this recharge time, as long as you don't waste any time with the note charge maxed out at 750, you'll score nearly the same thing with any drum fill you play.
Disasteruss  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the buttons while going nuts on the foot pedal has always yielded good results for me. The only hard part, to me, is that I'll keep on using the buttons to finish the song, and that gets confusing.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some testing on Drum BREs. After talking a bit with JCirri about my findings, he gave me the suggestion to simply set a metronome and drum at different speeds to see how many points I get. I set it at 120 bpm and drummed every other click (once per second) and got about 500 points per hit, while drumming every third click (once per 1.5 seconds), I got about 750, which falls in line with the guitar fret recharge time of 1.5 seconds.
ndfatalfire  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they would change how it works from guitar to drums so you are probably right. That's interesting because that means you don't have to hit the buttons as fast as you can, you can actually take your time(kinda) and get the same score. Thanks for the info.
jeremiahsjohnson  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
I did some testing on Drum BREs. After talking a bit with JCirri about my findings, he gave me the suggestion to simply set a metronome and drum at different speeds to see how many points I get. I set it at 120 bpm and drummed every other click (once per second) and got about 500 points per hit, while drumming every third click (once per 1.5 seconds), I got about 750, which falls in line with the guitar fret recharge time of 1.5 seconds.

Thanks. Alternating [RG] and [BY], along with hitting the pedal every (or every other) time makes sense, then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: