FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Epic a little low on the list?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgshdude542  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Epic a little low on the list? Reply with quote

I was playing on drum tour expert, and decided to skip the song Epic because I didn't really know the song, and played Should I Stay Or Should I Go and Blitzkrieg Bop instead, both of which I 5 starred with relatively no problem. So I decide since I did so well on those two that I would be pretty safe playing Epic. DEAD WRONG. All those double bass hits and off beat shenanigans contributed to my barely 4-starring it. Is it just me, or does Epic need to be moved a little higher on the drums setlist?
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it's way too low. You'll come across the same thing when you get to Dead On Arrival.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
disquette  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i just passed epic on expert tonight.

First time = died when the changeup happens about 50% of the way through. The beginning is cake (to my mind/play-style), but at the blue-drum-heavy parts, I get destroyed. It looks like around guitar solo b or so, based on this chart and my memory: http://rockband.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/rb/epic_drums_expert.png

Second time = cheesed it by just hanging on to the Overdrive until that point, then used my full overdrive bar to keep the crowd happy, and then ride it out the rest of the way. 4*s, and I don't plan on coming back to it any time soon to start the process of L2P that one.
idiots101  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its way too low it needs to be atleast another set or two up
JerBearHtL42  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic is odd in that it is difficult when you get to it the first time, but I found when I went back through after completing the full setlist, it seemed to fall into a good place.

It is difficult because it is so different than the rest of the songs before it, but once you are going through the setlist again it seems about right. Dead on Arrival, however, took me forever to get to a four-star because I kept breaking combo during 16th note fills.
[ ] 5-Star Solo Tour (54/58)
[ ] 20 Gold Stars (17/20)

Rock Band - Expert Drums PS3
[X] Re-Beat Solo Tour (58/58)
[ ] 5-Star Solo Tour (53/58) (Timmy, Detroit Rock City, Next to You, RttH, WGFA)
[ ] 20 Gold Stars (4/20)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: JerBearHtL42
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: