FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help me hit low notes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nieschizzle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Help me hit low notes! Reply with quote

I can hit high and mid pitch notes extremely well but about 90% of the time I get a "messy" when it gets low. I just 5 starred the first 5 songs on easy but now I can't even beat Creep. Can you give me any tips?

GOALS:
[ ] FC Jordan solo C on slowest
[ ] FC Shout At The Devil
[ ] 220k on Bury The Hatchet
[ ] FC 10 GH3 Songs
[ ] 4-star TDWDTG DLC version
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried going up an octave to hit the lower pitches?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
Qaszimon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go up an octave.

I'm usually up an octave now all the time in Rock Band, since the lowest of my normal octave isn't low enough for the bottom of the meter.

Try it, it really works.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you need to find the right trick.
Sometimes there will be a low note I just cant hit.
And it might be the word or how I interepret the word because later
there will be a note along the floor and itll be a diff word and ill still be same octave but have no problem hitting it. Its odd.
But lately I sing midline and lower in my reg voice and midline to higher I switch to a slightly higher pitch.
Plus ive been having trouble activating OD so now I just say BALLS
so my friend laughed how I was singing something all high pitched and up on top and dropped to a deep BALLS!
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, go up an octave. Being a female singer, there's a LOT of songs I have to do that for. It can get annoying if you can sing part normally and have to go up an octave for another part, so you keep having to flip back and forth, but...it happens.

Creep, I have to sing almost the entire thing up an octave. The obvious exception being the high-pitched part. If I tried to go up an octave on that I think my head would explode.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
wintertwilight  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Same with me. It sounds like I'm singing a duet to myself all the time and it's annoying >___>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: winter twilight
Syrinx  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem. My normal vocal range stretches from the upper half of one octave to the lower half of another octave comfortably, so I end up singing low stuff HIGHER than the high notes. But like someone else mentioned, I can sometimes hit really low stuff depending on the word.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a really hard time getting down to low notes. I'm not a trained singer so I can't really move up or down octaves easily. It took me a very long time to figure out how to get low enough to hit the bottom note in Wave of Mutilation and the singing parts of Timmy. It almost sounds like I'm just talking when I go for low notes.
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vocal range is (in natural voice) from a low D below bass clef to a tenor A on the treble clef. What did I do to stretch my vocal range? Simple-- I listened to the Temptations, and tried to sing every part. If you're a teenager, this could work for you, since your vocal cords wouldn't be fully developed yet and they can still adapt somewhat to teh stresses that are demanded of them. I wouldn't recommend it after age 18 though, since you could severely damage your voice if you're not trained to do it.

I believe the lowest note in the game is when Cobain sings a G# in In Bloom. I'd say practice on those lines (Sell the kids for food, "for" is on the G#). If you can hit that line at awesome, you can hit any line in the game on the low end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: