FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
gimme shelter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowssaymooo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: gimme shelter Reply with quote

stuck on this on my expert solo tour... so annoying like i can do most parts descently at the start... i completely suck at the "its just a shot away" im not even close... i sightread passed everything else besides reptilia but this thing is just giving me hell
beat hard drums [] stuck on vasoline.. lol i suck
beat expert vocals [] halfway
get top 5 on 10 bass songs [] 3/10 (learn to fly, roxanne, orange crush)
Beat endless setlist with 2 friends on hard []
wintertwilight  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song seems to be glitched or something. I have a pretty good ear for music and have heard the song thousands of times before.. turn down the vocals and try to hum your way through the chorus if you have to :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: winter twilight
dxduece  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this song's rough. It's 1 of 2 songs other than the bonus songs that I haven't been able to 5 star on expert yet.
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the last song I 5*'ed, and along with I Get By, the only one I failed after the first sing through.

The key is that "just" and "shot" are mapped differently almost every time in "it's just a shot away". It's going to boil down to memorizing what pitch the game wants from you during each chorus. I swear, if they played Jagger's vocal track (plus Merri when she's being mapped, of course) he'd score an OK at best during the chorus.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really struggle with the "rape.....murder..." section of the song. Like I can't figure out who's singing. I think you guys are right about the varying pitches. Almost every phrase in that song is unique, except maybe the first couple phrases of each verse. Don't know if I'll ever GS that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: