FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Double Bass Mod Progress (drum)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Double Bass Mod Progress (drum) Reply with quote

So the start of my project was that the stock bass pedal hurts my shin and foot, and makes me tired. I don't like it, and I was failing songs because stamina wore down and I got sloppy.

So, I went thought, double bass would make this MUCH easier, as well as a backup if I snapped my pedal.

Well I went to radio shack, got magnets, a reed relay, wire, 1/8" mono jack and splitter, and went to down. I connected the wire to the reed relay and jack, then this is where people may want to pay attention for fun stuff---

I TAPED the reed relay onto the back side of the horizontal support bar on the bottom of the set. I then put two boards on a hinge, and rubber stoppers. I taped a magnet to the bottom of one board, and lined them up with the set.

It wiggles all around (I'll put on brackets to secure it tomorrow), so thats bad, and there's no spring yet so lifting your foot up is a bit of a pain, but OMG its better.

Having really easy to move foot work is a lifesaver, and it allows for much faster movement if you can just tap your feet instead of dealing with that blasted spring.

Hooked up factory bass pedal to the set as well, but if one of them is depressed (down pos, not sad wahwahboohoo), then the other wont trigger. So it really doesnt work out well. (I'm working on this)

Brainstorming? Ideas?

(i'll put pictures when I get home and have a usb cable)

EDIT: I know there's a thread for the real bass pedal mod with the same technique (that's where I got this idea from) but I posted this for ideas on making ones that aren't the real deal. I had typed a bit about double bass circuitry ideas, but just took that out because if you want to read it, there's a much better discussion over in the other thread.

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
SkavengeR216  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually posted a theory about making a working double kick setup in another thread, the one about making a working reed relay pedal out of a real pedal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that, and went to try it, then realized I'm using one homemade, and one rock band pedal... didn't want to cut the wires apart for that... but if I can find the right piece around the house I'm going to try that tonight

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Bobmandudething  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hooked up factory bass pedal to the set as well, but if one of them is depressed (down pos, not sad wahwahboohoo), then the other wont trigger. So it really doesnt work out well. (I'm working on this)

Brainstorming? Ideas?

I posted a solution to this problem on another thread. It is a complicated circuit, but if you can read a diagram and get your hands on some integrated circuits, this might not be a bad idea! If you can't read circuit diagrams, then I am posting some step by step pictures in a day or two. You can check it out here
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: