FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Midgetspy - 82 RB2 Vox FCs (American Woman #81, RTP #82)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Midgetspy - 82 RB2 Vox FCs (American Woman #81, RTP #82) Reply with quote

I'm an expert multi-instrumentalist who plays on the PS3. I'm mediocre at every instrument :0) This thread will chronicle the journey through my career scores and the accomplishments/milestones I reach along the way. I usually only play career a few hours a week and I find 84 songs on 4 instruments an overwhelming amount of stuff to improve on, so if you have any suggestions on what I should work on to grab the low-hanging fruit then by all means let me know!

RB2 Scores

Guitar: 13.51 M
Bass: 13.01 M
Drums: 14.58 M
Vox: 17 M

All-instrument Goals
[ ] 60 million all-instruments
[ ] 100 million all-instruments RB1 and RB2
[x] 250 on-disc GS
[x] 200 on-disc FC

Bass goals
[x] 13 million
[ ] 80 FCs (75)
[x] 83 GS

Vox goals
[x] 17 million
[x] 80 FCs
[ ] 84 GS (83)

Guitar goals
[ ] 14 million
[ ] 50 FCs (37)
[ ] 80 GS

Drums Goals
[ ] 15 million
[ ] 84 5* (80)
[ ] 35 FCs (24)
[ ] 70 GS (57)

Updates

03/04
FC'd American Woman and RTP... tried TUIB a few times and quit in frustration. I don't know if I'll ever FC it, I hate the song so much and the vox track is soooo terrible it just annoys me to no end to even attempt it.

03/03
Well Swift's progress has spurred my vocal career on to new heights - 80 FCs :-D I have RTP, TUIB, American Women, and OWOA left. I'm not looking forward to any of them, but I'll probably try to get one or 2 over the weekend and hopefully all the way to 84 in a week or 2. Then I really need to finish redoing my guitar sightreads, lol.

03/02
I've been neglecting my solo careers again lately, but I did some vox last night and grabbed 80k and 6 new FCs. I've got 7 FCs left to go. I think The Trees and Painkiller shouldn't be too hard and I'm pretty certain I can get Spoonman and American Woman with a bit of effort... the other 3 (TUIB, OWAO, and RTP) are going to be really difficult I think though.

02/05
It's been a long time since I worked on any of my careers but I've been starting up a bit again lately. I'm down to #3 on bass so at some point I need to go clean up some of those easier FCs and at least close the gap, but for now I'm focusing on the other 3 careers.

Recently I redid some of my vox sightreads and got 6 new FCs for 71 total: Panic Attack, Mountain Song, Give It All, You Oughta Know, Rock'n Me, and Pinball Wizard. I'm particularly proud of Rock'n Me, I made that Woo my bitch :0) I also made a lot of gains on drums which has pushed me up to 58 million all-instruments!

I've fleshed out my goals a little bit more now that I have an idea what my non-sightread careers are looking like. For guitar I want to GS everything but Battery and Visions (maybe Battery eventually but I really suck at it now), and for bass everything but Visions. It is going to be a long and painful road to 60 million. I don't know if I'll be able to make it but I'd really like to get 100 million overall. I've improved quite a bit since RB1 so I might end up going back and getting a few hundred k on RB1 to help with the 100 million, hehe.

12/06
Finally finished my first pass on vocals, ended up with 16.7 million. I'll redo some of the harder longs later for my 17 million goal, but it's good enough for now. Most importantly this puts me #2 on the all-instrument boards! I expect I'll be more like #15 or #20 once everybody puts in their scores but I'll take what I can get ;-P

11/19
Cross-platform first on Ramblin' Man (on my sightread, lol).

11/17
Tonight I got 2 more cross-platform firsts (The Trees and You Oughta Know) as I finished off the 6th tier. I'm still 1st on every tier, one more tier to go.

11/16
After finishing off the 5th bass tier I now have first place on every tier that I've finished and 50 #1 scores total. I know this is just because nobody's bothered to actually submit any good scores yet but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, hehe.

11/09
I got another cross-platform first earlier (my 5th one)! So far I've got 1st on the first 4 tiers for PS3 :-D

11/07
Tonight I finished up the first 3 tiers with first place overall on each tier. I started on the fourth tier, getting a Cool for Cats run that broke the current 1st place tie by 200 pts. Current total is 34 first place scores (out of 42), 4 of which are cross-platform firsts.

11/04
Tonight I got 9 more 1sts... unfortunately Se7en took 4 of my old ones away, hehe. Current total 25 first, but most importantly I got a cross platform first on Tangled Up In Blue by a healthy 500 points.

11/03
Not worth a bump, but I played 5 more songs today and got 5 more 1sts for a total of 20 first place scores.

11/02
I started on my bass career today. I got through 17 songs and came out with 15 1sts :0) Granted, this is mostly because hardly anybody has done bass on PS3 but it still looks purdy on my scores page, hehe. Two of them were also #1 cross-platform, though, breaking 1st place ties on the 360 leaderboards thanks to new paths from a friend. Eye of the Tiger still has one tick remaining I think, and Spirit in the Sky is probably optimal (but then again who knows). The rest are the results of shoddy squeezing and whammying but they're good enough for me.

Last edited by midgetspy on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 am; edited 25 times in total
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when you or Ouzo were going to come to town on the bass leaderboards- looks like I'm going to need to defend my early charge for 1st quicker than I'd anticipated! Awesome work on the 1sts, some nice pathing and squeezing there. Are you using your own paths?

Nicely done, good to see someone else on the PS3 is planning to hit all instruments for RB2 as well.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
I was wondering when you or Ouzo were going to come to town on the bass leaderboards- looks like I'm going to need to defend my early charge for 1st quicker than I'd anticipated! Awesome work on the 1sts, some nice pathing and squeezing there. Are you using your own paths?

Nicely done, good to see someone else on the PS3 is planning to hit all instruments for RB2 as well.

Thanks for the kind words :0) It'll probably be a while before I end up entering scores for all 84 songs, so your 1st should be safe for a few weeks at least, hehe. I think I'll be switching off vox & bass until I get through both careers, then going back to guitar & drums. Of course all this while playing through the DLC and having fun in multiplayer... lol

I'm actually using my bass career to beta test some computer-generated paths. So I'm really the benefactor of the author's hard work... though most of my scores are still far below the top of the 360 boards, so I assume they're using the same paths just with better squeezing and whammying.
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I got 9 more 1sts... unfortunately Se7en took 4 of my old ones away, hehe. Current total 25 first, but most importantly I got a cross platform first on Tangled Up In Blue by a healthy 500 points!
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! I saw some of your scores go up earlier, nice one- you're really shutting out the top spots on a lot of songs. Also, I'll be going back and replaying a few songs and this time writing down the paths, so if you'd like we can try and figure out some of them between us? I've already got healthy paths for Almost Easy (bad squeezing deprived me of cross-platform 1st) and some of the tougher songs, just because I've played them slightly more. And I know what you mean on the playing all instruments haha, I don't know where to go next either. =P

Also, very very nice spread on Tangled Up In Blue, that's amazing on a song like that one with not too many notes.

Edit: Argh, you've taken loads of my 1sts! Including PDA! This is unforgivable!

emptyset wrote:
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
Excellent work! I saw some of your scores go up earlier, nice one- you're really shutting out the top spots on a lot of songs. Also, I'll be going back and replaying a few songs and this time writing down the paths, so if you'd like we can try and figure out some of them between us? I've already got healthy paths for Almost Easy (bad squeezing deprived me of cross-platform 1st) and some of the tougher songs, just because I've played them slightly more. And I know what you mean on the playing all instruments haha, I don't know where to go next either. =P

Also, very very nice spread on Tangled Up In Blue, that's amazing on a song like that one with not too many notes.

Edit: Argh, you've taken loads of my 1sts! Including PDA! This is unforgivable!

Well I'm using my bass career to beta test these computer generated paths by going through them one by one and looking for inconsistencies and bugs, so I won't be manually pathing any songs. If you want a path for a certain song let me know, but to be honest for the most part they haven't been any better than MephistoJak's paths since they don't allow for squeezing or early whammy yet (and I can't squeeze anyway, hehe). Eye of the Tiger, Spirit in the Sky, and Tangled up in Blue have been the exceptions :0)

If you want to take back your 1sts try MephistoJak's paths, his score is higher than mine on every song but my 3 cross-platform ones, so his path + squeezing = 1st place PS3 :-D

I've been sick for the last week so I haven't done any vocals but hopefully soon I'll have a chance to work on them some more and finally get sightreads in for every instrument. Then begins the monumental task of working on all the hard songs!
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I finished up the first 3 tiers and secured first place overall on each tier. I also started on the fourth tier, getting a Cool for Cats run that broke the current 1st place tie by 200 pts. Current total is 34 first place scores (out of 42), 4 of which are cross-platform firsts.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what you mean on the paths. I'm working on other instruments myself at the moment, so I'm not using any paths on any instruments yet, saving that for the fun of the replaying afterwards! But after I've done that, I'll probably hit bass with some paths- thanks for the advice on them anyway. =)

Very nice job on all those 1sts, especially with new players entering the fray every day. It won't be long until you hit the final tiers, and then most of my 1sts will vanish. Highly impressive job so far, and hope you feel well enough to do vocals soon.

(Also, why no love for this thread from anyone else??)

emptyset wrote:
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno Silver, but I do appreciate you being my only fan :0)

I got another cross-platform first earlier (my 5th one)! So far I've got 1st on the first 4 tiers for PS3 :-D
SmugDuckling  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo. I'm living vicariously through you.

I still don't really have much time to work on the program, but I'll send you some paths with much nicer formatting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After finishing off the 5th bass tier I now have first place on every tier that I've finished and 50 #1 scores total. I know this is just because nobody's bothered to actually submit any good scores yet but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, hehe.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, midget! Excellent scores all-around.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ouzo, and congrats/good job on taking 1st place! I think I will be able to take it from you when I finish the last tier though, assuming I can get decent scores on the non-FC songs ;-P 1st will probably end up coming down to who wants to play visions the most... ugh. Until mnwildguy or some other crazy guitar squeezer comes along, that is.

Anyway tonight I got 2 more cross-platform firsts (The Trees and You Oughta Know) as I finished off the 6th tier. I'm still 1st on every tier, one more tier to go.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, seeing all of that green on your page is really crazy! (Not that I can see the green, hah.) It looks like you'll be hitting the top 3 very soon, and from there Ouzo and I are looking increasingly like we'll be dethroned by you. Good luck on the remaining songs!

Edit: It's on, the fightback begins! The spreads for Down With The Sickness and Hungry Like The Wolf may be indicative of what's about to happen in the bass rankings on the whole. =P Squeeze battle!

emptyset wrote:
MephistoJak  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for referencing me. I've been in the process of fixing my old paths since I squeeze better now for some reason. I hope to retake those 3 that you have, especially Tangled Up in Blue. 500 points I missed...wow. O_o

Great job, though. Keep it up. And if ya need help, lemme know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: