FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unofficial Official AC:DC track pack opinions thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armisael  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, ultra LOL at the tiering for Thunderstruck. Seriously, tier frikkin' FIVE? You're kidding me, it's gotta be 6 or 7. What were they smoking?
yzerman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent to my local Walmart stores and to Walmart Corporate:

Quote:
"This feedback is regarding the failure to launch the Walmart Exclusive Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack. I have waited for this game for nearly 2 months now when it was announced. I was a bit skeptical when I heard this would be a Walmart exclusive however, because Walmart's track record with game releases that I am interested in so far has been 1 for 8 (I actually got Rock Band 2 at midnight launch day - lucky thing, they only had 3 copies). I figured with an exclusivity deal, Walmart would be hard pressed to run out of the game on launch day.

I went to Walmart today expecting it to be displayed next to the AC/DC album release. Well after about 10 minutes of searching for the album release, I asked a store clerk to help me find it. Turns out the album was not in stock. Hopefully they had the game. When we looked - the shelf had a tag, but no game. I called around to the other 6 stores in my area, and no one had it. I am very disappointed. I guess Walmart is now 1 for 9."
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone playing this on drums? I'm not holding out much hope but I'd still be curious to hear what it's like.
DarkestHour  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a side note, anyone who goes to look for the game and is told by Wal-mart they don't have it should try asking someone else, or to call. I called yesterday and was told they were selling them at midnight. I went to get it today and the guy putting games in the case said it was next week and they didn't have any. So I used my phone and called and spoke to a girl who said that they had them, which they did. I'm at work so unfortunately I gotta wait but I'm excited to play that Thunderstruck intro.
DSavior  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Wal-Marts within a 5-minute drive.

1st Wal-Mart. Associate gave me a confused look when I told her what I was looking for, she then asked another associate who gave a stupid "I dunno" look. She snooped around at the counter and lo and behold! There was the game. But only for the XBox360 (I was looking for the PS3 version). She then went into the back to do more snooping around, but she came back empty handed.

2nd Wal-Mart. Guy gave me the "oh, if it's not here then we don't have it" speech and didn't even bother checking.

Disappointing.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DSavior808 PSN Name: DSavior
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wal-mart didn't have it. wtf? I live in a pretty big city also. Doesn't it come out today.
thetrout  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkviperd00d wrote:
my wal-mart didn't have it. wtf? I live in a pretty big city also. Doesn't it come out today.

It's MIA at some stores. I had to hit four Wal-Marts before finding my copy.
pksage  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkestHour wrote:
anyone who goes to look for the game and is told by Wal-mart they don't have it should try asking someone else

This. Definitely this. If the guy at your Wal-Mart obviously knows nothing, grill him about it or find someone who does. A nice guy (who wasn't the one I started with) eventually went into the back and jumped through some hoops to get the game out on the shelves.

Downloading it now.
JaoSming  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dragged one of them up front to the sign that says its released today and demanded it, then they finally quit that we dont have it, its not out till Tuesday crap
Chil  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously considering buying this, but I just wish it wasn't 40 bucks. I'll probably get it eventually or I'll ask for it for Christmas.

As far as Thunderstruck goes, I prefer the RB2 version. All HOPOs would be pretty boring, and the added strums would be more fun to play. If anyone is wondering about the technical aspects of how they made the charts different, I'll try to explain.

In RB1, just like GH2, all notes more than 1/12 of a measure apart are strum notes. This is the threshold for what the game determines as HOPO. You can see this in action at the end of the song in the RB1 engine, where there are a few strummed notes as Angus is slowing down the riff. Since the entire intro consists of 1/16 notes, only the first one is strummed.

In RB2, just like GH3, the engine gives the option of changing the mode of any note. That is, what would be a HOPO is a strum note and vice versa. This is handled with just one event in the midi file. I bet if you took a look at the event list in Sonar or any midi editor program, you'd see that event show up for every other note. Whether that event shows up in the on-disc version of the midis is irrelevent, since the RB1 engine would be unable to recognize them.

There is no difference in the spacing of the notes between the on-disc version and the downloaded version, just the addition of the forced mode change event.

PS: Thank you mods for getting rid of the bickering involving the song that won't be named.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the deal with Walmart.

It doesn't matter what the walmart building title says ("Walmart" or "WalMart SuperCenter" or "Super Walmart"). It's all based on relative size for the company. What this means is that if the Walmart is not X size or bigger (possibly can hold X amount of stock or is X square feet big), they may not get the game for a FEW DAYS, let alone do a midnight release. There is also a public "hype" rating walmart employs. If the game doesn't meet X amount of hype, it probably won't get a midnight release at the store you are looking at buying it from. RedDevilD and I went to 4 walmarts early this morning looking for it. We went to 4 "Super Walmarts" in which:

1. Did not have the game on any of the consoles.
2. Had the game for the PS3 and PS2. No 360 or Wii version to be found.
3. Did not have the game unpacked but did have it. "It's in the back, but the back is purgatory, I'd wait till about 8am or so before you come back to get it. I'll make some calls to other stores if you'd like."
4. Had the game for all consoles, also the cleanest walmart we went to.

GQD has no soul. Just Rock Band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: GQD2008
yamo5  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can order the game on the AC/DC website, so anybody having problems getting it at Wal-Mart... Ya know..

Because Wal-Mart sucks.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQD2008 wrote:
Here's the deal with Walmart.

It doesn't matter what the walmart building title says ("Walmart" or "WalMart SuperCenter" or "Super Walmart"). It's all based on relative size for the company. What this means is that if the Walmart is not X size or bigger (possibly can hold X amount of stock or is X square feet big), they may not get the game for a FEW DAYS, let alone do a midnight release. There is also a public "hype" rating walmart employs. If the game doesn't meet X amount of hype, it probably won't get a midnight release at the store you are looking at buying it from. RedDevilD and I went to 4 walmarts early this morning looking for it. We went to 4 "Super Walmarts" in which:

1. Did not have the game on any of the consoles.
2. Had the game for the PS3 and PS2. No 360 or Wii version to be found.
3. Did not have the game unpacked but did have it. "It's in the back, but the back is purgatory, I'd wait till about 8am or so before you come back to get it. I'll make some calls to other stores if you'd like."
4. Had the game for all consoles, also the cleanest walmart we went to.

yeah but like I said my wal-mart is in a pretty big city, and is the only wal-mart to be found in the area (the closest one is probably 30 minutes away). They usually always get new releases the day it comes out because of this yet no AC/DC rock band.
sumo390  

Problem solved for Thunderstrucks intro with strums...Put tape on green and just focus on the other four.
bisq  

I spent close to 45 minutes waiting for various walmart employees to try to locate the game in back only to be told they didn't get any in This after showing them their own ad which shows the game on Page 2... Once again, Walmart Fails!

I'm going to try another one later. I'm hoping since it's a supercenter I'll have better luck.

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: