FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack Confirmed. (OP for latest info)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
i5hawn wrote:
okay this is in nov.

40 is 3200 msp

what dlc is dropping between now and then that you'd really prolly buy over this

"Texas Flood" album and Mega Man 9, which will eat up more than half of that $40.

I would actually congratulate that if you got those two instead, because While AC/DC are Good, Lega Man 9 is a legendary game. Worth every penny I put into it.

Which, thanks to NoE's "Stars for Wii Points" thing they have going, meant I spent absolutely nothing.

Anyway, back to my earlier point, I really hope they don't class this as Track Pack 2 for the WiiS2. A second release of alternate tracks would be nice. It's a great setlist, but with all the people complaining about Guitar Hero: Aerosmith not being worth the price, that cost around £5-£10 more for over double the songs and more variation in artists (Even with a lot of them appearing on Rock Band as additional DLC now, I still think that Mercy and King of Rock alone were worth the price). And it was a fun game with great charting and proper mo-caps. I want to point out that fact before people get moaning about lolneversoft. I've said all that needs to be said on the Aerosmith game, let's go back to AC/DC.

PS2 Version it is, then. It'll go for the same as Track Pack 1 on Play.com, (£15) which seems a lot more fair. But the game will sell well anyway. Because AC/DC kick ass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of e-rage going on here!

I think the studio versions of these tracks line up to a hair under 81 minutes, so expect ~19 minutes of wankery across all the tracks.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Nazo64  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... To Blockbuster!
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, link in the first post doesn't seem to exist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This basically seems to get around AC/DC's 'we don't sell single tracks' and 'we don't do best of's' in one go. A Tad expensive though.

One thing that really ticks me off?

They can do a worldwide release in a month when they want to.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that anybody's surprised that a band who has refused to:

a) Sell singles
b) Sell a greatest hits album after 2000 years as a band (it's a well-known fact that Angus Young rode the dinosaurs with Jesus)
c) Sell their new album at any place that allows you to pause and look at it before getting prodded by farmers who want you to move along like the rest of the cows
d) Go back in time and unmake all of the awesome guitar and vocal riffs damn near each person on this side of the Atlantic knows by heart (or 69 million of them, at least)

...is charging a little extra for their music should, ya know, read up and such.

Boring as hell to me as a drummer, but damnit if I still don't end up buying it once it's peeking at me on a shelf.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
sumo390  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesomeeeee. Can't wait to get it and export it to my RB 2! I feel like a bunch of people don't realize you can export it...
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what everyone who's complaining about the price is failing to realize is that the price WILL go down. it's a retail disc so after sales die down they will drop the price. and like others have mentioned, you can export and then resell and get some money back. or buy used for cheap and switch discs. i AM concerned about how the live versions will turn out tho. some people will get it right away, so i'll just wait and see what they have to say about it. but if they are gonna sell it for $40 at first, there oughta be more than just songs on the disc, such as a couple venues and new clothes and stuff. plus some achievements/trophies maybe. if there is other stuff on the disc, i hope that's exportable too.
Streaming Blood Sex Sugar Magik!!
not trying to be a dick and it's probably just a typo, but it's Blood Sugar Sex Magik just in case you didn't realize.
I don't really think it matters, does it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: Hoops4sho
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i better be able to rent this and export the songs or something, because i don not want to pay $40 for songs that if they were DLC I could get for $32 total, sure i love AC/DC, but comeon, an artist specific expansion pack??
sumo390  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a one use code to export the songs to your hard drive. HMXHenry posted it on the rockband forums in one of the locked threads.
mct  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazo64 wrote:
... To Blockbuster!

lol unique code for exports.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: little jerry12
craventrio  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoops4sho wrote:
plus some achievements/trophies maybe.

I believe that 1000G of achievements are compulsory on every retail 360 game disc, and PS3 ports tend to mirror the 360 achievements since trophies were introduced.

I kind of hope they're ridiculously hard achievements to make up for the short setlist. I'm already up to 980/1000 on RB2 and I'm not that skilled, I just put the time in.
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like an even worse deal than GHA, and I avoided that like the plague.

Nothx. I'll take Peace Sells over this anyday.

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
sushi111  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even considering buying this.
flintdragon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what all the yabbering is about. It seems like a good price for what I'm hoping we will be getting. If it was just a DLC of songs, yeah that would be bad. But this is a full release of an awesome concert. 18 songs, some of which I'm sure are long. Plus I'm expecting a detailed re-creation of the stage and band members. GH:A was more expensive with more garbage songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22

Jump to: