FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roadblocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Roadblocks Reply with quote

My initial drum kit sucked and eventually broke, so I couldn't really appraise my skill level until the replacements arrived a few days ago. I've been focusing on Hard, and have 5* starred everything but the last two tiers, which are all 4*. The exception of course is Run To The Hills, which I straight-up cannot beat. I've narrowed the problem to be rolls, which are still a major combo breaker for me, regardless of the speed. Even on a simple quick two-note I'll often miss the second for reasons I can't discern. Too fast? Too slow? Hitting the pads too hard? Any advice with this would be really helpful. Sometimes I really get ticked at Harmonix because if hyperspeed was present I could probably see where I'm going wrong/right.

Also, for your foot gaining endurance, any tips on how to build that up quickly?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
acra  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play the Hand that Feeds on expert. It's basically the exact same pattern in the verses.

You could also load up Train Kept a Rollin' or Ballroom Blitz on expert in practice. Ballroom Blitz's intro/outro is a decent bit of roll, while TKaR has a huge ass roll after one of the solos.

Orange Crush and Outside (expert, of course, but thats why they invented practice mode) are also good for just getting a better roll rhythm.

I'm So Sick on expert has a lot of the double taps in there. The song isn't all that tough either, so you could always try that.

For foot endurance, put Maps on expert in practice and hit all the kicks. There are quite a few.

Didn't really play hard... so that's why I keep saying expert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: