FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bass Pedal Fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doitle  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Bass Pedal Fix Reply with quote

Our bass pedal broke a few weeks ago. I figure I could have sent it back but the new one will just break eventually too. It's a plastic pedal that takes a lot of abuse so I'm not suprised they break. Anyhow we came up with this little fix for it and it seems to work great. It actually has a better feel than the original because it's more rigid. The only difference in playability is because the pedal itself is thicker, you have more leverage on the pedal since your foot is higher up off the hinge. What this translates into is that it's really easy to activate the pedal so initially we had some problems where we werent careful about lightly resting a foot on the pedal and activating it ruining streaks. All in all though I think this actually improved the pedal and makes quick successive hits easier. I think next I'm gonna try to add some washers to tighten up the spring so the pedal comes up faster after a depression. Anyone have any thoughts or similar mods on theirs? I know it's ugly right now but, I'm gonna paint it Bass Pedal orange, and put grip tape on the top with a nice RB cutout.

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1082479676

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1216772609
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bass pedal just snapped in half, too. I barely had the game for a day and a half. So how exactly did you go about doing this? Just cut a piece of wood in the shape of a bass pedal? Is there anything under the wood?

I think a good tutorial is in order.

Please. I need it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: