FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using the Stratocaster on Guitar Hero 3...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliffBurton  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Using the Stratocaster on Guitar Hero 3... Reply with quote

Hey, I just got Rock Band and it's great, but I was thinking, "These solo buttons would probably help me get through Mosh 1 on Raining Blood." Is there any way to get the Stratocaster to play on Guitar Hero 3??? (I have a PS2 gaming console, just to help.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure they would work. Did you try them out before posting this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Sweet666  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for outright compatibility (PS3 user here), but I'm positive the solo buttons would act just like the regular fret buttons, meaning you still have to strum with them in GH3.

There is a trigger in the Rock Band solos/big rock endings that automagically adds a strum with each solo button press (I'm guessing this is how it works btw), and Guitar Hero 3 doesn't have this trigger.

FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet666 wrote:
There is a trigger in the Rock Band solos/big rock endings that automagically adds a strum with each solo button press (I'm guessing this is how it works btw), and Guitar Hero 3 doesn't have this trigger.

Eh, sort of...I plugged my Strat up to my laptop to see what it would do with Frets on Fire for laughs and I finally got the whole Controller Calibration screen going. Basically the solo buttons are wired the exact same way as the bigger fret buttons, but there's an extra button press when you push down on the solo buttons. In other words, say for instance you push the big green button (Button 2, just guessing). But if you press the green solo button you get Button 2 + Button 10.

As for using the Strat in GH3, no go. It says right off the bat 'Incompatible Guitar Peripheral Connected'

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
kdb424  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sweet. With a little joy to key and thta controller in frets in fire, you could set those up to tap EAILY. I want one of those BAAAAAAAAAAAD now!
CliffBurton  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least I can play FoF with my Stratocaster lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure all the versions of GHIII have a lockout system, like Guitar Hero II did on the PS2. The lockout blocks guitar signals from guitars the creators of the lockout don't want to be used, and the Strat is one of them.

If Activision loses the battle to keep the LP from the PS3 version of Rock Band, I hope they patch in the use of the Strat on all systems.

Controllers don't need to be DRM. Ever.

Free IQ Test Score
My Solo Guitar / Vocals BWT: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3058
Rock Band Goals:
[_] Get all the "Big In X" achievements
[_] Amass 6 billion fans in my solo BWT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: