FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bass pedal sensitivity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Bass pedal sensitivity Reply with quote

Hey, I've been searching around and can't seem to find anything related to this. I'm wonder if there's any known way to adjust the bass pedal sensitivity. When I'm trying to hit two quick bass notes in succession, I'm finding that most of the time I don't lift the pedal up high enough to "reset" so it doesn't trigger again when I press it. Is there any way to get the pedal to trigger closer to the bottom?
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya... I"m in the same boat. And yes, there is. If you replace magnet with a weaker one it should do the trick. Problem being, you're only going to have to go BARELY weaker then the factory one. That would cause less pull but could be less reliable.

There has to be an easier way... and I'll play around with it to find out, you could also move the magnet twoards the end of the pedal, that would cause the distance to be greater at all times--- but again, while in theory it would work fine--- it may do more harm then good.

My third and "easy" option is putting a piece of rubber on the top of the box under the pedal. That would give the "all the way down" as being a tad higher up, and give it a little softer hit when you pressed down. Should work... but again, going to play around with it.

I say we look into making the travel distance smaller for the pedal rather then screwing with the magnets. =)

If I dont make sense, tell me and i"ll post videos, i go into ramble mode easily on forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can afford it, do this - it really works:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, making a pedal out of a real one is slightly out of my range. I like fiddling with the stop distance as a simple solution. I'll play around with that, since it won't do any permanent harm if I screw something up. Not a big deal. If worst comes to worst, I can always just adjust.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
poiuytman  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played around with the bass pedal to figure out when it actually registers (a centimeter or so before the bottom). Then I took sheets of adhesive foam rubber that I had lying around (from modifying the drum pads), and stacked little squares of it on the spots where the rubber bumpers hit the base of the pedal. I had to add more layers as they've compressed from play. Works like a charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: