FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Poor Mans Fix to the Broken Bass Pedal!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Poor Mans Fix to the Broken Bass Pedal! Reply with quote

So for all of those out there who do NOT want to solder their own audio plugs or create a push button system-- here is a way for you to fix your broken bass pedal.. for about $10!

This technique relies on materials I read about in one of zombie's early hardware posts around Thanksgiving time.

You need two things:

- Gorilla Tape (From the makers of Gorilla Glue. Its super strong and about $5-6. Easily available at Wal-Mart and probably Home Depot or any other hardware store)

- Metal Mending Bracers. These are pieces of metal (strips) with 4 punctured holes ALSO in the hardware section of Wal-Mart. A pack of 4 costs about $4.63 (lol)

So yes as you may have guessed by now you are making a splint with the 4 bracers and then taping the Gorilla tape around it to support it.

I started w/ two on the top, then 2 on the bottom. After that I made sure to reinforce it.

NOTE: I found it MUCH easier to do this and make it sturdy while the pedal was detached from the base and the spring removed (The spring can be put in right before you re-hook the orange plastic thing into the base.)

The result is a VERY sturdy feeling pedal which actually FEELS better than the original! I have stomped the hell out of this pedal and it is a great fix I would recommend to anyone even as method to prevent bending/cracking/breaking in the first place!

Let me know if you need any more help or info
ElvenMarth  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you could post some pics or something?

I'm a COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD when it comes to DIY shit like this, and I'm getting Rock Band this Friday. I've heard the horror stories of the crappy bass pedal and I'd like to have a fix/prevention method right away.
Emtee  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you reinforce it with besides the four metal strips?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Argantes53 PSN Name: emtee
TB666  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any poor man's tips for how to silence your drums and bass pedal so the neighbours won't complain ??

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
justargos  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB666 wrote:
Any poor man's tips for how to silence your drums and bass pedal so the neighbours won't complain ??

Unplug the drums from the console, move them to another part of the house, pick up the guitar and shred like a mad man. Bingo, no more complaints about drum sounds.
TB666  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justargos wrote:
TB666 wrote:

Unplug the drums from the console, move them to another part of the house, pick up the guitar and shred like a mad man. Bingo, no more complaints about drum sounds.

Oh ha ha :
I don't have it yet(european) but it's good to know what I need when the time comes.

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: