FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Run to the Hills EXPERT Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
deepbluevibes wrote:
NoPance wrote:
the lack of rebound in the RB pedal.

whoa, whoa, what? What pedal are you playing on? If I shift my entire body weight onto the RB pedal, I can't keep it pressed down fully, unless I slam it down with all of my leg strength, and once I do that, it pops back up so fast that I can't even keep it pressed down again for a second hit most of the time.

0_O

There are definately some variations in the pedal. Mine probably takes twice the pressure to activate as my buddy's.

Yeah, between my two sets I have used, I had two distinctly different pedals. The second pedal I got (has a divot toward the hinge) definitely has less rebound in the pedal, it was very noticeable to me the very first time I hit it.
NoPance  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
NoPance wrote:

whoa, whoa, what? What pedal are you playing on? If I shift my entire body weight onto the RB pedal, I can't keep it pressed down fully, unless I slam it down with all of my leg strength, and once I do that, it pops back up so fast that I can't even keep it pressed down again for a second hit most of the time.

0_O

Not spring rebound, real rebound.

When you press the RB drum pedal down, the force you put into the motion is pretty much absorbed on impact (in the rubber contacts and plastic). The springs then return the pedal to playing position.

In contrast, a real drumhead returns energy from an elastic deformation. Real drum pedals have springs too, but that little bit of rebound really makes a big difference when you have successive hits (or several very fast hits) because you can harness that rebound to play more efficiently.

It's why electronic drumsets that initially featured a pedal design similar to RB moved to a pedal with a rubber contact and an inverted beater, and later an actual drumhead with a real pedal. The feel and what you're capable of is totally different.

XBL GT - No Pance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
zombie1942  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
NoPance wrote:

0_O

all i have to do is raise my heel... and my pedal is full to the bottom... barefoot even... im not a lardass or anything either.
lumberofthebeast  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Apologies to Iron Maiden. Reply with quote

Rock Band came, it was released,
I set it up, and I was pleased.
Taped down the hub, plugged in the drums
I grabbed the sticks, and had some fun.
I played Expert, and I played well,
And one by one, all the songs fell.
Until I reached, the final set,
And tried a song, I can’t beat yet…

“I love Iron Maiden,” I said to myself,
“This song’ll be the most fun yet!”
But when I got the red screen, I shouted out loud,
“I just failed at fourteen percent!”

I believed that I would just blaze through the tiers,
But this song gives form to all of my worst fears!

Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!
Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!

Unending streams of rapid red hits,
It’s enough to drive one berserk!
I fail yet again, and again hit retry,
And thank God my drumkit still works!

Makes Won’t Get Fooled Again seem easy as cake!
Don’t know how much more my bass pedal can take!

Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!
Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!

Noooo
Whooooa

Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!
Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!
Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives!
Run to the Hills!
Drum for your lives…[/incredibleboredom]
zombie1942  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

that was fucking sweet....

Go get some tape
Cut it into a long thin shape

Stick it on your red pad
Do it! as if told by your dad

Now you can pass Run to the Hills
And soon join the rest of us AN-I-MILS!

NOW GO! cuz I SUCK At poetry!!!
Kataris  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBV, it seems you are right.

I taped my red pad today, and I can now easily consistently hit the RRR RRY part.

Now I just gotta get my foot to work.. >_<
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat it on hard.

Just now.

Now... FUCK PARANOID ON EXPERT.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can consistently get to 45-55% (around the 2nd chorus-ish) on expert. The drums are really fast, but probably not as fast as you think. I am using a decent drum model (first replacement EA sent me - stock drums were shit). It recognizes every hit on the red pad as long as you don't smash it for very fast parts (duh, but I by no means baby this thing). I have not tried tape on the snare, but probably will now. No other song gives my red pad a problem. However, when I play RttH, it's tough to keep speed and composure and not beat the shit out of those pads because the adrenaline is at 11. This is the last song before I'm an animal.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
MorningThief581  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be run out of town for this, but nonetheless... I beat RttH on expert just over a week ago using rolls. It wasn't pretty. I hit 76% of the notes and finished with 3 stars. But for those of you just looking to pass the darn thing, it's an option. Personally, I couldn't get the pattern down steady enough at that tempo, so I took the easy (and considerably lower scoring) way out. I've beaten everything I have on expert now except for Ever Fallen in Love.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: