FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quality of recent drum RMAs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyahx  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Quality of recent drum RMAs? Reply with quote

I've been making due with a half-broken set for a while, because it was my fourth broken-out-of-the-box set and I was sick of shipping back and fourth. I was wondering what the general quality of recent RMAs has been.

Do you think it's finally "safe" to RMA and get a perfect set? or will I most likely get a lemon again?
Krow01  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mod your broken kit and get it over with. I spent a lot of time sending drums back and forth after I had broken them, and I am so very happy with my broken set that I fixed/modded. More so than I ever was with a brand new kit.
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I wouldn't waste my money modding it and would just save up for the new kit or maybe go for the Ion set.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten a broken out of the box set. Just the normal type that doesn't work 100%. Nothing that I can't fix with a penny mod or something simular.
dore  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an EL kit through an RMA recently, and while I've only played it about a week (my bass pedal snapped), it is an extremely solid kit. It doesn't drop any notes as long as I hit everything hard enough, which took some getting used to after playing QMs for so long, but it's definitely a quality kit. I dunno if it'll start cracking soon but if it does I'll just mod a fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
I got an EL kit through an RMA recently, and while I've only played it about a week (my bass pedal snapped), it is an extremely solid kit. It doesn't drop any notes as long as I hit everything hard enough, which took some getting used to after playing QMs for so long, but it's definitely a quality kit. I dunno if it'll start cracking soon but if it does I'll just mod a fix.

how would you mod a fix for a crack?
dore  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thread a little bit ago about putting a layer of sheet metal on the underside to fix cracks. I can't remember if it was in the drum forum or the hardware forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just RMAd my set two weeks ago, got back a QM set 4 days ago. Works like a charm after I put the sock mod on it.
sicnarf  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got old EL set (bought on launch day :P) RMA'd, and got another EL last Monday. Everything's good so far. I swear the yellow feels more padded and bouncy than what I remembered.
MarkMadness  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only broken 2 drum sets to this date, both of them the red's stopped working completely. One on Pleasure, the new one on Highway Star. Also, my yellow drops a ton of notes now, blue and green are always perfect tho. It would totally own if I'm a lefty, unfortunately, however, I am not.

Always get EL, and I'm waiting for a new set again. Should be here by Tuesday, at the latest. But, I haven't added in the "EA" factor, so I'll be lucky to get it by Thursday.

Quality, meh, as far as I can tell, they HAVE improved, although not that much. If they would only ship QM's they'd probly have less to do.
Do you just wake up and piss excellence, or what?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MarkMadnessSH
Chris9092  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a broken out of the box kit, tried modding it but the red pad is broken, no its doesn't miss a note once and a while, i can slam on it all i want and it won't register one note. :s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: