FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does the game really care about phonemes as advertised?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can 200% confirm that you don't need to say the lyrics in expert. I've been going through the career just humming the songs and I haven't run into a single problem. Like mentioned before, the only thing that you really need to actually say are the "talky parts".
Zephyron  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donutz0r wrote:
I can 200% confirm that you don't need to say the lyrics in expert. I've been going through the career just humming the songs and I haven't run into a single problem. Like mentioned before, the only thing that you really need to actually say are the "talky parts".
It's only the talky parts. All the pitched parts are just like KR where it only bases your score on the pitch.

The only problem songs I've come across are Sabotage and Ballroom Blitz. They just don't seem to like my speaking. That and an occasional blip of a broken phrase here and there from bad spoken parts.

I guess working on it is the key.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
Yeah as far as I can tell you can say whatever you want during singing sections and it'll count as long as it's in key...so you can resort to humming.

As far as the rapping stuff (i.e. Sabotage) I believe you have to say the correct words.

this isn't exactly true either

I said yo quiro taco bell during one of the parts that start with the word yo and it said awesome still (on hard)

edit ---

the words I replaced were "Yo' it's a mir----age------" and I said yo' quiro taco bell instead still got it to say awesome though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's doesn't matter at all for singing sections. Rabies is one of the best singers on here and he just says "moo", he doesn't use any lyrics. I've tried just humming and passed songs on Expert.

As for the talking sections, it really doesn't matter much either, it just has to be close. I think pitch actually does kind of help-for instance, I do much better on the talky parts in Ballroom Blitz when I do them in falsetto like the original singer does (I hope).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: