FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Strum Bar on the Fender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BatDan  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: The Strum Bar on the Fender Reply with quote

Is it me? Or does the Strum Bar on the Fender seem way too tight? Or as if there's a piece of fabric stuck to it.

I'm asking this because when I strum I miss simple notes like In Bloom on Hard.

I'm thinking of many problems to this possibility.

1. Faulty Guitar
2. Lag Calibration.
3. I Suck Without Hyperspeed.

I'm guessing it's NOT the third one but hopefully the second one. Does anyone know?
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has already started throwing in extra strums when i downstrum. try playing upstrumming only and see if you stop missing. i was on blackhole sun when it started screwing up but i wasn't sure if it was the guitar or if for some reason i just sucked horribly at that song. so i 4'd it missing TONS of random notes and seemingly randomly breaking combo to gold starring it doing upstrums only. thankfully it shouldn't be a problem with the 60 day replacement thing. anyway, now that i've started using my les paul on it, i realize how much of a better guitar it really is.

Last edited by eraser2224 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having major issues with mine as well - I seem to have a problem when notes are grouped tightly together and I'm forced to strum quickly. It's almost as though each strum is not recognized (I downstrum only). Is anybody else experiencing a similar problem?

And no, it's not lag.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, use the lag calibration tool. It's VERY cool... if that doesn't fix the problem, maybe you have a faulty guitar. I'm not having problems outside of Overdrive activation...

Edit: I downstrum most of my notes, too, and I haven't had any issues. I think most of the issues are in people's heads because of the tighter timing window...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strum bar does have a different feel. It is bounces back to the original position slower if you down strum. I will personally play with my GH3 guitar.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any real problems with the Stratocaster... yet, anyway.

I agree with Huwonk and muna - the timing windows have gotten tighter, and it feels so different that you might miss notes. Stick with it for a while - mine hasn't gone buggy, although I was having problems at first.

Especially in RB, knuckle heads grab a guitar and think they are Hendrix and starts mashing the frets. Next thing you know someone has inadvertently navigated you to the the RB store and just wasted $2 on some Jimmy Buffet song about a cheeseburger in a volcano.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply love the Strat so far, way more than the Les Paul.
I'll have to play it a lot more before I make any big opinions on it though.
eraser2224  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, mine is definitely not the timing window though. i would strum and the note would just fall out the bottom, or i would hit it the note and it would do the little breaking animation and then my combo would just break. play it one more time doing nothing differently and only strumming up and went from four stars to gold stars. also haven't had any timing window related problems since switching to the les paul.
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my Strat is Def messed up... I was playing a song and missing almost every other note and i was like wtf... So i only tried to upstrum and it worked perfectly... if it doesnt start working again im sending it baclk

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Brian  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that I was really sucking until I did a manual calibration (the simple LCD one alone wasn't enough), and then from there it was just getting used to it. I blew some easier stuff in early songs, but after a couple of hours, I was pulling off stuff with relative ease, comparable to my GH2 time.

I think the mix of moving back to a tighter timing window plus the new guitar just really threw me for awhile, but now that I'm used to it, I'm absolutely loving the Fender. I still have my Les Paul, but odds are good it's now going to be a dedicated bass.

Goals:
[X] Beat RB Guitar Solo Expert - GG&HT took a few tries
[ ] Beat RB Drums Solo Hard - Medium didn't feel as hard as I expected, Hard is seriously hard, so I'll beat my head a bit on hard
[ ] Beat RB Vocal Solo Medium - my voice is horrible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BrianArnold ICQ Number
FaithNoMore  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my star power never activates anymore when i tilt it....and when it did work it took like 2 seconds to activate.........now it wont work at all unless i press select....really annoying. so gotta use my other guitars....

the strum bar wasnt a problem for me.....but for songs like blackened.....its hard to maintain your rhythm with it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BobAgentOfHydra
Gomer06  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strat just messed up 5 minutes ago, it would miss a note in a very easy streak (sabotage on hard), and then it just went to hell. I started missing EVERYTHING, i tried switching fret buttons to see if it was that, but it wasn't . The guitar won't register downstrums at all now. I just went to Rock Band's website and my new strat is on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the strum is terrible. It feels so loose and mushy and won't even click on a downstrum now. Very disappointing. The GH3 controller is so much better (and that only lasted 2 weeks before the buttons started failing).

eh... why cant they just make the gh2 controllers.

Ghazken  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into issues with my strumbar as well. It was doublestrumming alot.

I knew it was actually the strumbar because during menue selections I would press it once and it would register 2 strums there as well.

Well, at least their replacement setup is very user friendly. Right now I'm using (and actually getting a new respect for) my Explorer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: