FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fuck you, (Don't Fear) The Reaper. :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killoff  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why everyone sucks at that song on medium/hard, its a simple Kick, double, Kick, double thing.
MisterBob  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick to RttH on Hard, at least for me, was to realize they are fast horse galloping noises. Its supposed to be about Europe riding in on horses and slaughtering the natives, so make it sound just like that :P

Remember, the red notes and the orange notes count for MUCH MUCH more on your rock meter than anything else, so be sure to hit those.

Goals:
5* Misirlou (X)
5* PBF (X)
5* Expert Tour (X)
Beat Jordan on Expert(X)
64/64 5* on Expert ( )
MournTX  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterBob wrote:
The trick to RttH on Hard, at least for me, was to realize they are fast horse galloping noises. Its supposed to be about Europe riding in on horses and slaughtering the natives, so make it sound just like that :P

Remember, the red notes and the orange notes count for MUCH MUCH more on your rock meter than anything else, so be sure to hit those.

This is my favorite gameplay advice ever.

"Just relax and pretend you're slaughtering Native Americans."

zombie1942  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tip for RttH on hard is that its easy to want to break your stride with your right hand since there is an audible pause in the beat... da da da... da da da... but your right hand never stops... its doing a constant straight beat... and your left hand fills in the gap on every other beat of your right hand...

its easy to want to stop the energy of your right hand since you are hearing a pause in the action... but its only the left hand that rests ever other beat... keep the right hand going and fill in every other gap with the left...even tho the right hand is going to move over and hit the snare pad every other beat, it never breaks its constant beat... knowing that you are going to keep the right hand going non-stop allows you to take it out of your thought process... then you can just think about the left hand...

This sound weird but the key to smooth and effortless drumming is getting to the point where your not thinking about what you are doing... especially not having to focus on any particular limb at any time..

think more about filling every other gap with your left hand instead of playing each beat of the pattern.
Thrice  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat FPLT and DFtR today, I knew RttH would be hard, but I didnt think it would be THAT hard. I get past the intro and figure it would be smooth sailing...ya, I was wrong. I failed...quite fast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrice wrote:
I beat FPLT and DFtR today, I knew RttH would be hard, but I didnt think it would be THAT hard. I get past the intro and figure it would be smooth sailing...ya, I was wrong. I failed...quite fast.

Yep! That's where I'm stuck at now, too! My high score is failing at 42%!
purkie103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MournTX wrote:

this is so being sigged lol

jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on Dont Fear the Reaper too. that end is bitchy - gonna bring into practice mode today. I have all the other 4 songs cleared no problem. And with my non-responsive to fast parts red pad - the part in DFTR that's basically RRRRRRRRRRR- G+Bass, RRRRRRRRRRRR - G+Bass (man we need those drum freticons) doesn't like when i hit red, so i try to play as delicate as i can, but fuck that.

I have 5*s on all but like 3 songs on Hard, and am really wanting DFTR cleared at this point - it's holding me back damn it!

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Killoff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this was moved. This was more of a drum chart rant thread =/

But oh well. Passed the song, now I'm stuck on RttH >_<
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there seriously a harder part at the very end of dont fear the reaper? Unless you are talking about the part with a lot of fast red notes and base drums then im screwed... I cant even get past that part. (im on expert btw)

Is the end harder than the part im talking about on expert or just on hard? I dont remember that song being hard on hard. Now its owning me on expert.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Killoff  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the part after the drumroll?

Theres a part in the 90 percents with insanity.
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I see it now. After i use star power on the drum rolls like a few notes after that its still a hard beat. the drum rolls are definately harder for me on expert than that tho
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix4417 wrote:
Is there seriously a harder part at the very end of dont fear the reaper? Unless you are talking about the part with a lot of fast red notes and base drums then im screwed... I cant even get past that part. (im on expert btw)

Is the end harder than the part im talking about on expert or just on hard? I dont remember that song being hard on hard. Now its owning me on expert.

The part at the end is a lot of stick alternating with irregular bass hits. If you break it down in practice, and figure out the rhythm, it becomes a lot easier.
DaMan1468  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea im stuck on RttH as my last song on hard

I can't get passd 50% in, its just never ending. God i hate it. I have a slightly messed red pad but i play with edge/rim hits and it works fine on stuff like dont fear the reaper but here i just cant get it. Even on slower speeds I can't get it, its very annoying.

ickiwon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i understand why this thread was made. yes DFtR can go suck balls. ive chucked my drumsticks clear across the room being pissed as hell, and ive only played the song twice. so yeah obviously this is going to piss me off some more im sure. good thing i can past all the fast reds and GK w/o overdrive. i think im going to try not using any overdrive for the whole song and then use a full bar at the end, but then im still worried it might not last long enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: